To my labor voting friends

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
byso said:
Enjoy the carbon tax you idiots.

I voted labor for Rudd but once this usurping clown took over my votes went the other way and have voted liberal in every other election (state etc) since.

I never thought that I would say that I wish we still had Howard

Cheers for the admition.
Very disappointed in labor. They've surpassed all my worst expectations.

Yes their back stabbing of Rudd really showed their true colours. The sad thing is there are some factions of the party that are actually good and able to lead the country properly. The problem is that they are the weaker of the factions.

I really dont want Abbott as PM but he is the lesser of two evils

Did the world end?

Abbott can never be PM, Turnbull please run against this arse clown before next election.

I ordered a 3 cubic metre skip bin today.

The price was $320 last week it's now $380

"because of the carbon tax"

byso said:

That's just clear price gouging though, those sorts of things will be wound up Quicky enough

Daniel said:
byso said:

That's just clear price gouging though, those sorts of things will be wound up Quicky enough

No, recyclers and garbage disposal gets hit
big time. That's why our rates will increase.

byso said:
Cheers for the admition.

Did Labor also sneak in a tax on the letter 'S' that we didn't know about ??

GST, Carbon Tax, Sales Tax, HECS, Medicare Levies, Fuel Tax, blah blah blah blah blah...........it doesn't matter what you call it everyone still whinges when they have to put their hand into their pocket. Liberal are no better than Labor, why waste energy (no pun intended) on whining about it. If you don't like it and can do a better job, run for election, that's the beauty of a democracy.

C & C spoken like a true labor voter.

Who cares just get on with it.

FYI I do alright, but this tax is a dead set joke.

Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey issued a press release last week where he chose the look at the average level of interest rates under the 11 and a half years of the Howard Government and he compared that to the average level of interest rates under the 4 and a half years of the Rudd/Gillard Government.

Mr Hockey concluded that mortgage rates were a touch lower under the Howard government than under Rudd and Gillard. That is indeed a fact using that methodology, although once the lower level of interest rates from May and beyond are included in these averages, it is likely that the average level of interest rates under Labor will move lower than under the Coalition by year end.

That got me thinking about more important economic indicators – in this instance, the unemployment rate. Using Mr Hockey’s methodology and applying it to the unemployment rate, the following facts emerge:

Average unemployment rate under the Howard Government was 6.4%;

Average unemployment rate under the Rudd and Gillard Governments is 5.0%.

Mr Hockey’s methodology had me thinking about Government debt.

I turned to my favourite budget document, Statement 10, and looked at the history of net government debt over the past 20 years or so.

Using the same methodology that Mr Hockey used for interest rates and applying that to Government debt, this is what I found.

Average Net Govt Debt

(% of GDP)
Howard 1996-97 to 2007-08 5.2%

Rudd/Gillard 2008-09 to 2011-12 4.4%

As is obvious, the average level of net Government debt under the Howard Government was 5.2% of GDP; under the Rudd and Gillard Governments it’s been 4.4%.

http://www.marketeconomics.com.au/2032-mr-hockeys-methodology-applied-to-government-debt

byso said:
What has this got to do with the carbon tax!

I think it paints a fairly accurate picture of the spin doctoring that goes on in politics

:)

Attachments

• sky_falling.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
byso said:

So is the massive grab of 10% every single time you buy something, not even the liberal hero could explain the cost of a cake with candles and what would be subject to GST

The Eagle said:
byso said:

So is the massive grab of 10% every single time you buy something, not even the liberal hero could explain the cost of a cake with candles and what would be subject to GST

At least Howard was honest
"you vote for me and you will get the GST"

Gillard
"We will not be introducing a carbon tax"

yeah right

The Eagle said:
byso said:

Have you heard of the 20% sales taxes that gst replaced

byso said:
The Eagle said:
byso said:

Have you heard of the 20% sales taxes that gst replaced

If true why was everything more expensive to buy post sales tax?

Anyway to my favourite political quote ever "If you're young and republican you have no heart,if you're old and a democrat you have no brain"

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6