Titians 10,000 members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
It seems even the relatively new Titans have 8 or 9 thousand members and this in a town that has its own A league team and AFL team and another NRL team 75 k up the road.  We may or may not be broke but we could be going alot better. Article attached below.
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/12/03/274671_gold-coast-titans.html

Things are going better then this time last year. Next years membership are in bracket's and the other number is what we had around the same time

Sea Eagles: 1,800 (3,400)

Ant80 link said:
Things are going better then this time last year. Next years membership are in bracket's and the other number is what we had around the same time

really?  If we have 3400 now that is awesome, we had about that in total last year.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186187.msg310466#msg310466 date=1293439940]

really?  If we have 3400 now that is awesome, we had about that in total last year.
[/quote]

According to NRL we had 5112

Another fluff piece by the Gold Coast press. They started 2010 with around 6000 members and were targeting 8000 in 2011. How that became 10,000 is anyone's guess. Yep, they are doing better than us but they are another one horse town.

ManlyBacker link said:
Another fluff piece by the Gold Coast press. They started 2010 with around 6000 members and were targeting 8000 in 2011. How that became 10,000 is anyone's guess. Yep, they are doing better than us but they are another one horse town.

The figure jumped because the day that the Gold Coast Suns opened their membership, the Titans had a record number of members sign up. I think it was an organised event by the Titans fan club to make a statement against AFL and it ended up being bigger than they planned

Are they all ticketed? Also getting members is easier when you can offer them seats at skilled, I think that might be worth 2-3K over brookvale by itself.

Rusty link said:
Are they all ticketed? Also getting members is easier when you can offer them seats at skilled, I think that might be worth 2-3K over brookvale by itself.

Yep, we definitely need an upgrade to the ol' girl. That being said, it's the ENVIRONMENT that makes the place, and no-one can take that away from us.

Totally agree that most other clubs have seats to sell their membership where as we can only sell mostly soggy grass and a blanket

Down here in Canberra, the Raiders are flogging their memberships on the TV and radio. Helps when you don't have any other NRL teams within 200km!

I honestly dont think seats would make a huge difference, maybe 20% and sure that helps but its a long way from being the only reason people join.

Word of mouth is the best advertising and with membership prices this year being rather generous in my books i would think most current members would be spruiking to non members about 10 games GA for the cost of the 6 game flexi last year etc.

Fluffy link said:
I honestly dont think seats would make a huge difference, maybe 20% and sure that helps but its a long way from being the only reason people join.

Word of mouth is the best advertising and with membership prices this year being rather generous in my books i would think most current members would be spruiking to non members about 10 games GA for the cost of the 6 game flexi last year etc.

I think that non-seated memberships only appeal to a certain demographic, I for one love the hill, but when I am of the age to have kids I will be getting a stand membership, because frankly as much as I love the atmosphere on the hill it is not where I would want my kids.

Families are the mainstay of a stable club, and we will find it hard to attract them to the games while it is difficult if not impossible to find a comfortable place to sit.

20% may not sound much Fluffy but when the finale figures are tallied up I would be surprised if we were much more then 20% behind the top clubs.

With the range of memberships avail i would think these sort of counts are as accurate as the crowd figures during the ARL/ Super League war

lsz link said:
With the range of memberships avail i would think these sort of counts are as accurate as the crowd figures during the ARL/ Super League war

Have heard rumours that Souths have been counting single match in the ticketed(ticketed is over three from memory) bit (to get there's so high)

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186187.msg310494#msg310494 date=1293491836]

I think that non-seated memberships only appeal to a certain demographic, I for one love the hill, but when I am of the age to have kids I will be getting a stand membership, because frankly as much as I love the atmosphere on the hill it is not where I would want my kids.

[/quote]lol rusty  ;D the hills there for when its just you  ...

Some of my fondest memories as a child at Manly games are playing on the hill, it'd be a shame to deprive future generations the chance to ride a box down the back of the hill or crash tackle your mates down the other side.

Besides, kids don't generally have a huge attention span, I know I had trouble concentrating on 80min of football when I was 5 (Though I did have the same problem last season as well, hah  ???). Let them roam free on the hill.

Shane link said:
Rusty theres the family hill infront of the scoreboard

There is, thats true. And that would be an option, but I still think when I have kids, and thats a way off I will get a set of seats in the stands somewhere. For now as you say as its just me the hill is fine.

I know a lot of people who are too good for the hill however, given we are a Northern Beaches club thats a fair chunk of the population.

Rusty, wolfpack, yep as a kid the hill was a wonderful experience, especially when the crowd was small enough to move around a bit. However now as a parent to a 7, 6 and 1 year old, I couldn't imagine letting my kids wander around unattended. The family hill is ok, but it is steep and rock hard compared to the real hill. Last year we did a game in the stand, real hill and family hill. I reckon the real hill is better than the other two options from a comfort point of view, but the smoking, language and general buffoonery make it difficult for a mother and baby to feel safe. The older kids love the naughty words though.. Cries such as "snap the c...'s neck" sound terrible however, and it takes the shine off the day when your daughter asks why do they want to break his neck. Anyway.. This year we got the new membership on the wooden seats, so looking forward to that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2