1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titans snare Storm flyer

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Gold Coast Titans sign Melbourne Storm's Joseph Tomane for two years

By staff writers
        June 10, 2009

Gold Coast Titans have signed 19-year-old Melbourne Storm flyer Joseph Tomane to a two-year deal.
    Tomane, who has made nine NRL appearances, produced his best performance yet in the Storm's 48-4 thumping of Brisbane Broncos last weekend.

The winger crossed for three tries and kicked six goals in a 24-point performance which signaled his status as an NRL player of the future.

Tomane moved from Queensland to Melbourne at the age of 16 but said the lure to return home to be closer to his father who lives at Logan was too strong.

"I wanted to come home to Queensland and the Titans offered me that opportunity," Tomane said on Wednesday.

"The Titans are an exciting club, they’ve only been going for three years and they are leading the competition at the moment.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25616076-5018866,00.html

2. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    see how he goes without Inglis

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Will he do a Turner on them ?

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I think this is a good buy, and a good move for the kid as well, the Storm are full of players who have speed and ability to break the line themselves, up at the Titans the stars are more players like Prince who can create space for other players - my thinking is that he will have a beter run individually up there. Plus he is at least 3 times the player Turner is, and still developing.

That said I wouldnt swap him for either of our wingers.