Titans offer 450K more plus recruitment consultant role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tell you who I am going to sue.
I am going to sue Foz & DCE for my lack of productivity at work.
I wish they'd hurry up so I can start doing some work again.

My partner wants to sue them too.....! :)

Apparently over the past few days I have been uncharacteristically moody and seem to be spending far too much time on the computer.

$450k more per season or $450k more over the term of the contract???
I read it as $450k over 3 years.
$150k per season, whilst a lot of $$$, isn't that much relatively speaking, factoring in lifestyle, family, mates, security, etc.

Yes clint its 450K for the contract. That was my bad, Ive edited the post.

Cheers,

How would this "consultancy role in recruitment" work? What a crock. Would DCE have a get out clause if the coach disagreed with his recruitment ideas? Would DCE have the power to veto recruitment? It smacks of depseration :)

sounds like the tigers the last few years where a player ran the show...
recipe for disaster, team mates either kissing your arse, or hating on you, adds to the amount of pressure on shoulders. whatever happens, the amount of pressure all this manager rubbish has now added on the shoulders, if performances aren't 9 or 10/10 each week on field the hawks are going to feed on that, a player can say they ignore the papers and media talk, but as if constant scrutiny questioning your worth isn't going to play on your mind when you hit a bad patch. And fellow team mates who are probably sitting on much less because you've taken up cap space are also going to have lofty expectations. It's for this reason I've now shifted to the 'really don't care what the outcome is.. but swaying towards goodbye pal' thinking now. I'm sure we can find a replacement without the baggage and all the desire.

How would this "consultancy role in recruitment" work? What a crock. Would DCE have a get out clause if the coach disagreed with his recruitment ideas? Would DCE have the power to veto recruitment? It smacks of depseration :)
That is the gold coast though...and not just the footy side...just dodgy crap.

How many times does a team on the GC have to fail until they realise there just isn't the support required to successfully host a team there.

If there is to be a team in SE QLD then it has to be a second team in Brisbane. The Broncos obviously are a roadblock to this happening and that in itself is outrageous.

The Titans are a joke. Any team that replaces them there will end up a joke. Any seriously good player that goes there will only be banging their head against the wall if they expect the franchise to be successful. Surely the license will eventually be moved elsewhere.

I have continually stated that I think we'll re-sign both DCE and Foran. However, if DCE does go to the Titans then it will have been for the cash. I will never begrudge him that but if it were ever painted in any other light then he'll need to be bitch slapped.

I
How many times does a team on the GC have to fail until they realise there just isn't the support required to successfully host a team there.

If there is to be a team in SE QLD then it has to be a second team in Brisbane. The Broncos obviously are a roadblock to this happening and that in itself is outrageous.

The Titans are a joke. Any team that replaces them there will end up a joke. Any seriously good player that goes there will only be banging their head against the wall if they expect the franchise to be successful. Surely the license will eventually be moved elsewhere.

I have continually stated that I think we'll re-sign both DCE and Foran. However, if DCE does go to the Titans then it will have been for the cash. I will never begrudge him that but if it were ever painted in any other light then he'll need to be bitch slapped.
I'd put a nth Nsw team in before the Gold Coast. Yep left field and there is no group pushing it. But imagine, juniors from taree to tweed, inglis and cordner et al as foundation players. Get others like idris to come back home. Goldy juniors welcome to try out too.

$450k more per season or $450k more over the term of the contract???
I read it as $450k over 3 years.
$150k per season, whilst a lot of $$$, isn't that much relatively speaking, factoring in lifestyle, family, mates, security, etc.

I want cherry to stay as much as everyone but i don't think you guys quite get the whole ' life style' argument.

Northern Sydney it's a nice place don't get me wrong. But when you grow up in QLD and you end up in Sydney there's just this underlying sense of tension that flows through the place and it's very hard to handle for people used to living in what i consider a much more relaxing environment of qld.

I'm not saying it's a bad place but when you grow up in qld it's like an itch you can't scratch leaving for another place in Australia. Especially the sydney rat race. Hell im ready to come home after a few days holidaying in Sydney. But maybe that's just me.

Amen to that Flip.I had a long time in Sydney but came home and sacrificed a large chunk of income at the time in doing so.Most queenslanders think the same way.Not a criticism of Sydney but if you aint born In Sydney you just want to get home.

So the titans have apparently offered 450K more than manly plus a recuritment consultant role in order to get DCE. Apparently the fact the NRL owns the club now gives him certainty of his future.

1. If Cricket Aust was anything to go by, players in recuritment roles dont end well
2. I dont think its fair the NRL takes control of a club and then all of a sudden they are cashed up to throw mega dollars at DCE.
3. Will taking 150k a year more now bite him later if the titans fail as a club and his value plummets.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...club-recruitment/story-e6frf3xc-1227240486630

EDIT: It's 450K for the whole contract, not per season like I origianly wrote, Sorry.
Plus an expense account with Carmichael hunt and a packet of tissues and official exemption to ASADA testing.

Especially the sydney rat race. Hell im ready to come home after a few days holidaying in Sydney. But maybe that's just me.

If you can't handle the "rat race" of the Northern Beaches you might as well be dead.

I want cherry to stay as much as everyone but i don't think you guys quite get the whole ' life style' argument.

Northern Sydney it's a nice place don't get me wrong. But when you grow up in QLD and you end up in Sydney there's just this underlying sense of tension that flows through the place and it's very hard to handle for people used to living in what i consider a much more relaxing environment of qld.

I'm not saying it's a bad place but when you grow up in qld it's like an itch you can't scratch leaving for another place in Australia. Especially the sydney rat race. Hell im ready to come home after a few days holidaying in Sydney. But maybe that's just me.
He doesn't live in Sydney - he lives on the northern beaches. This isn't the rat race. It's paradise.

He doesn't live in Sydney - he lives on the northern beaches. This isn't the rat race. It's paradise.
It's true, I live in the bush on the northside. A world away from the hustle. I never go to bondi or south.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6