Titans Establish New Base

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
The Gold Coast Titans has today joined with the City of Gold Coast and the National Rugby League in unveiling plans for a new headquarters in a huge sporting precinct at Coomera confirming the Titans’ long term future on the Gold Coast.

The land has been provided by The City of Gold Coast on a community lease arrangement and is located in a precinct being developed for the 2018 Commonwealth Games in the fastest growing area of the region.

The new training and administration complex will be developed by Titans shareholder and director Darryl Kelly in a sign of confidence in the future of the Titans and the on-going development of rugby league on the Gold Coast.

http://www.nrl.com/titans-establish-new-base-at-coomera/tabid/10874/newsid/82127/default.aspx

bones said:
The Gold Coast Titans has today joined with the City of Gold Coast and the National Rugby League in unveiling plans for a new headquarters in a huge sporting precinct at Coomera confirming the Titans’ long term future on the Gold Coast.

The land has been provided by The City of Gold Coast on a community lease arrangement and is located in a precinct being developed for the 2018 Commonwealth Games in the fastest growing area of the region.

The new training and administration complex will be developed by Titans shareholder and director Darryl Kelly in a sign of confidence in the future of the Titans and the on-going development of rugby league on the Gold Coast.

http://www.nrl.com/titans-establish-new-base-at-coomera/tabid/10874/newsid/82127/default.aspx

Unreal isn't it-NRL can't get enough of the underperforming GC venture, yet it steadfastly ignores the heartland of Manly Warringah...

And what happens to the 20 Million Dollar Titans "Centre of Excellence" right beside Robina Stadium???

bob dylan said:
@RiverEagle might know Daryl Kelly, he is a Wagga Wagga boy too.

I'm familiar with the name; can't trace him exactly right now.

I do know a couple of Kelly's. They may or may not be related.

Pretty common name, lol.

*I guess the under-achievers (Titans) need ALL the help they can get.

Has Neil Henry been officially given the nod as coach?

Meanwhile, the crickets still sit sadly "whistlin' dixie" at Brookvale.

I'm pleased that the Titans future is secure. It is the only competition - albeit minor - that the Bonkos have. While we wait for another team to be established in Brisbane we'll have to settle for the GC occasionally being able to attract a Qld junior player away from the Bonkos.
Apparently most of the good GC juniors go to Canberra or the West Tigers. If the GC could change this arrangement they would have a very good team.

Pretty well the best junior league zone in Australia with high schools like Palm Beach,Keebra Park,Coomera etc....the reason for the failure is simple.

Michael f...ing Searle.

In the first 3 years you could barely get in to the place.Then word filtered around about how Searle was treating local business people.There is hardly a tradey or supplier on the coast who has not been touched by this grub or knows someone who has.The coast rises or falls on construction.And those are the blokes who go to the footy and spend money,and when money got tight after the GFC that was the last place people were going to spend it.

Even juniors were being dudded on sponsorship,footy gear etc. Now that he has been finally eradicated I think you will see the Titans go ok.

Surely the massive population and area in the north of Sydney demands equal if not more attention to from the NRL. They've neglected the area for decades.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7