Tired of Bozo hatred

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
no rat, just a Melbourne-based fan with no ties (other than emotional !!) to club. I watch long-suffering AFL fans (eg Richmond) go to game after game in the wet to the support their team, even when it is near the bottom.

We give up on a club legend after one bad season. Pretty poor.
We have higher expectations than Richmond fans.

Supporters bagging a club legend...obviously never gets boring for the pie eaters
This year and last, two favourite club legends (Toovey and Bozo) severely dissed for missing the semis. Quite different people but they do share the trait of being intensely competitive winners. Putting aside the disappointments, heavy injury tolls both years ensured they were no chance of competing with top teams.

In sport when a team is not winning games no one is exempt from criticism - players, officials, football department, owners & yep even club legends.
What ever floats your boat. Putting the boot into Bozo and blaming him mindlessly for everything, and I mean everything wrong with the club, is simply not needed and extremely disrespectful. We can all debate the issues, but the amount of low bastards making up unfounded criticism and being needlessly spiteful and derogatory, is simply mystifying. BTW I don't imply you do these things, before you start crying or cautioning me.:wait::wait::wait:

Last edited:
Yup, you are right WL.
The buck stops with Penn. He owns the so-called "club".
Unfortunately, Fulton was the instrument he employed to carry out his wishes. Penn (like me) does not know sh1t from clay about fielding an NRL team. He probably said to Fulton: "just do it"
So, does Fulton have some ownership?

I understand people are hurting from this season's result and like you I wish we kept Buhrer instead of Brown as our utility.

But this constant bagging of Bozo is disrespectful and misses the bigger picture. I recall Bozo helping this club when it was down over the years and achieving great results.

He came in last year when we lost our two halves and kept one.

He attracted stars (Tapau, Walker etc) when the club was on the slide. With the exception of Myles, the recruiting strategy was okay and will look much better next season.

He's building our junior base after years of neglect and the Blacktown association gives us a footprint in the heart of the best league nursery on the planet.

I'm glad he's making tough decisions. I like Buhrer, but he wouldn't make the starting pack in the top eight sides this year. His size/injuries are an issue as packs get bigger, more powerful.

Yes, there's been bad decisions. Myles, Seibold etc.. but Bozo deserves more than a year before we pass judgement given he inherited a salary-cap mess, club on the slide, horror injury toll, horror draw and group of ageing stars past their prime.

I'm backing Bozo. I think next year will be much, much better than people expect.

I'm also backing Barrett. He could be an exceptional coach if we ever get an injury-free season.

I've followed Manly for 40 years. I see signs of the old Manly - a club capable of 10 years of domination - returning. Might take another season, but be patient.

Put the knives away, respect our club legends and get behind your team. After all the success we've enjoyed, a season or two of pain is a small price to pay.
Look what he and his sons have done to the junior league through the beacon hill club, shall we have a look at some recent media

Each year in the 60s when it was clear we'd missed out, yet again, my dad would smile and say, "Oh well, there's always next year".

That undaunted optimism, even more than any results, is what success means to me. And what made following the team a joy, no matter what.
Good, positive, heartfelt words there Rexy Poo. My dear old Dad raised me the same way!

This year and last, two favourite club legends (Toovey and Bozo) severely dissed for missing the semis. Quite different people but they do share the trait of being intensely competitive winners. Putting aside the disappointments, heavy injury tolls both years ensured they were no chance of competing with top teams.
Don't compare a NSW selector to a real winner please

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6