Tired of always being unfairly officiated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Touchies were also inconsistent wit the forward passes

that would be because the touchies stayed in line with the defensive line. how can you see an attacking team throw a forward pass from there. I think the touchies need to go back to footie school along with the refs

Every year they start to bring up who are the most penalised sides in the comp, and I've noticed that it's often the teams that are doing well that year, which seems unusual. It's generally considered that being heavily penalised is a massive disadvantage, for obvious reasons. But I've done a bit of research and that's not necessarily the case.

2013 - Most penalised = Roosters...minor premiers
2012 - Most penalised = Bulldogs...minor premiers, grand finalists
2011 - Most penalised = Storm...minor premiers
2010 - Most penalised = Roosters...grand finalists
2009 - Most penalised = Titans...finished 3rd (regular season)
2008 - Most penalised = Storm...grand finalists

So over the last 5 years, the most penalised team has played in the GF 3 times.

Not sure why this is, just found it interesting that the most penalised often do well.

mosto said:
Every year they start to bring up who are the most penalised sides in the comp, and I've noticed that it's often the teams that are doing well that year, which seems unusual. It's generally considered that being heavily penalised is a massive disadvantage, for obvious reasons. But I've done a bit of research and that's not necessarily the case.

2011 - Most penalised = Storm...minor premiers, grand finalists

So over the last 5 years, the most penalised team has played in the GF 4 times.

Not sure why this is, just found it interesting that the most penalised often do well.

Storm weren't grand finalists in 2011.

bones said:
mosto said:

Got a bit excited there, well spotted Bones

mosto said:
bones said:
mosto said:

Got a bit excited there, well spotted Bones

So if it looks like every 2nd year the most penalised team is a grand finalist then the Roosters miss out this year.

At least we have nothing to whinge about against the refs tonight and no one seemed to mention this? if anything, the Roosters were penalised out of the game and should have never won. It would have been a nightmare on here with that 12-5 penalty count against us. I'd say the supposed vendetta from the NRL and referees association against us winning has been permanently closed down.

The stats are a concern, not being able to beat the top 2 teams and 37 possessions in the Rorters quarter. It's been a long time since we have been like this.

Refereeing the offside and two missed knock on from Easts that were let go :huh:

Minnie's kick to Horo's head should have earnt him 10 minutes in Sin Bin :mad:

Matai being knocked out in the first half should have been put on Report.:mad:

Mini's knock on, we should have got a scrum on their line, instead we got a line drop-out and Choc dropped it 50m down-field. I'm clutching at straws though, be nice to blame the refs for our loss but I can't.

Sure we won the penalties, but the 12-5 count is a bit misleading. 3 or 4 of those were deliberate penalties conceded to slow down play on our attack. I think there was one attacking phase where they gave away 2 penalties in the space of 4 tackles with cynical tactics. I thought the sin bin for professional foul was warranted on at least two ocassions.

Watched the game from in line with the Rooster's goal line in the first half. Everytime Manly got to within 15m of the line the Roosters, especially out wide, just shot out from the line well before the ball had even got into the hands of the Manly dummy half.

It cut down Manly's options and time out wide. It's why at times our attack looked ordinary.

What was infuriating was the referee NEVER looking across to see if the Roosters were going early. The touchies were standing 10m out, so they were of no use.

But even if the Roosters had been penalsied, they know the penalty will be out wide, no one will ever get sent to the sinbin for it.

It's a rort. Whoever they play in the final will have the same problem to overcome.

Chip and Chase said:
Sure we won the penalties, but the 12-5 count is a bit misleading. 3 or 4 of those were deliberate penalties conceded to slow down play on our attack. I think there was one attacking phase where they gave away 2 penalties in the space of 4 tackles with cynical tactics. I thought the sin bin for professional foul was warranted on at least two ocassions.

C'mon C&C the sin bin is only there to send guys like Matai off for 10 e.g. the Raiders game...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6