Tipping Round 4 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Last week was tight, this week seemed a round of blow outs except us and the Titans. Comprehensive victories are no good if the team you tipped are on the wrong end of the hiding like mine. I finally got a bonus game right though, so things are on the up.

Still no one has managed a full round 4 weeks in, but we did have two tippers who went close this week with 7 from 8. Both got the bonus game as well to lock away 16 valuable points, so well done. No surprise that one of those tippers was @Clint who is our LFS champion and a top 3 tipping finisher last year. He is fighting it out with the very mysterious tipping witchdoctor @Shaka1eye. Which one got closest to the Knights 30 point margin though ?

The Sea Eagles Stronger Together Tipping Comp weekly winner for Round 4 is...........

@Clint who picked the Knights by to win by 2 more points than @Shaka1eye. Clint PM me your details (again !!) to pass onto the club to organise your double pass. Can some of you please send Clint your tax returns, he obviously has too much time on his hands.

Good efforts recorded by @"the mauler", @shazza, @SeaEagleRock8 and @"Peter C" who scored 14 points.

Clint and Shaka's efforts have been consistent over the first 4 rounds and their good result this week sees them both jump to the top of the ladder.

Leaderboard can be viewed here

2014 Tipping Comp Leaderboard

Looking ahead to this week it doesn't look like it is going to get any easier from a tipping point of view. This weeks bonus game is the Charity Shield replay between Souffs and The Merge, which will be at the SCG. Good luck all.

In one lucky swoop I've zoomed from 70th to 33rd.
At this rate obviously I'll be 1st by next week.

I've had a taste of glory followed by 2 weeks of total disgrace. At least I'm back in familiar territory. And well done Clint and Shaka with 7 from 8.

This has to be the hardest tipping year for a long time

Dan said:

Agreed Dan, this has been a strange start to the season. One week, one team is the next premiers, the next week, a spooner.

Eagles2nv said:
Dan said:

Agreed Dan, this has been a strange start to the season. One week, one team is the next premiers, the next week, a spooner.

I thought I had my tipping under control after last week and put my tips in smugly declaring to all the dutchies at work, that this week, I would win myself a whopper.

They all glared at me in confusion, and today they all laughed at me, having checked out the facts of what I had provided them. Damn pragmatic people, they are!

I think I am going to go buy a dart board today for this weeks tips

Dan said:
I think I am going to go buy a dart board today for this weeks tips

I bought a new board last week. Hence the good(lucky) tips. I'll be 1/8 by seasons end when it's all worn out. ;)

I stuffed up with my tips in the Silvertails tipping comp this week. I'm in two other tipping comps and in those two, I had picked the Dogs to beat the Drizzle but for some unknown reason, I picked the Storm in the Silvertails comp. I didn't realise that I had made the mistake until I received the tipping comp result e-mail from Dan and it said that I only got 4 right instead of 5. I had to go back and check my tips that I had put in to see if there had been a mistake on the e-mail. :rolleyes:

lol, I fell so fast this week gravity asked me what my deal was!

I guess putting them in quick as one is heading away for 8 or so days doesn't work out!

Well done @Clint!!

edit: anyone who got over 50% this week is a genius, cheat, or computer hacker (or all three!)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2