Tipping Round 25 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well the penultimate round has been run and won. Not a lot in the way of upsets, although Sharks went very close to a massive boilover last night. Knights did roll the Eels, which may have surprised some, but for mine most sides backing up from a Manly game struggle the following week.

Now as there are no more home games this year then there are no double passes on offer for the final two rounds. You will just have to satisfy yourself with the glory of victory itself.

For the final week we had 6 tippers who managed to get 8 from 8 and then just about everyone else logged solid 16 and 14 point results. Well done to @dowdz @lsz @"the mauler" and @"Shaka1eye" for their clean cards this week, but we had two other tippers who got slightly closer to the 1 point last gasp win at Brookie. This pair couldn't be split on margin and therefore

The Sea Eagles #DecadeOfDominance Tipping Comp weekly winners for Round 25 are...........

@"eagle66" and @Roger . Well done to you pair, great way to finish off the tipping season.

The real excitement though is at the top of the table in the battle for the big prize. As most games went to plan this week there wasn't a lot of scope for big moves in the top 10. Both of our leaders scored 16 ponts this week so that keeps @tookey one game clear of @Clint.

Now anything is possible in the last round as teams desperately battle for top 8 spots, however I think the two leaders are just too far ahead of @"Stiffi" and @"The Army Of One" to be caught. There would need to be some brave tipping and some big upsets for them to run down a 10 point gap, but there is nothing to lose in trying, save bragging rights for top 10 spots. Our top 10 tippers going into the last round are

278 @tookey
276 @Clint
268 @"Stiffi"
268 @"The Army Of One"
266 @"anthonyb1965"
264 @Moondog
264 @"The Eagle Has Landed"
262 @Bradza
262 @jwaa
260 @"SeaEagleRock8"

Well done on a great tipping season by you guys, in what has been a tough year to pick winners. No surprise many are saying it is the closest comp in years.

Full leaderboard viewable here

2014 Tipping Comp Leaderboard

The all important bonus game for the final week of tipping is the playoff for second spot between Souths and Roosters. Should be a great game this one, and don't forget that it kicks off on Thursday night. Apart from this game there are 3 or 4 other games that will be very keenly contested as teams fight to hang onto top 8 chances.

Good luck to tookey and Clint as they battle it out for the title, may the best tipper win. Don't forget that you are playing for two tickets to the annual Sea Eagles Awards night, which is a great prize.

While I have the opportunity I would also like to thank Michael and the crew at @"MWSE Membership" for their support of the tipping comp this year. Big thanks to Blake for his help in organising the double passes for all the weekly winners, cheers mate. It's been a hectic year for them and hopefully their resource levels improve a little next year so that they can be a little more active here in the future. Anyway we appreciate the effort you guys make and as always we are happy to help out here as best we can. All those Silvertails users out there who are thinking about becoming members, don't hesitate any longer. It's a fantastic way to show your support and it makes a real differece to the future success of the club. Give Michael and his 'Bird Gang' a call and they will help you find the best membership package to suit your needs.

Anyway this time next week we will have a winner. Till then, Go Manly !!

I thought i was red hot chance this week!

Oh well there is always always next week...

Chip and Chase said:
Our top 10 tippers going into the last round are

278 @tookey
276 @Clint
268 @"Stiffi"
268 @"The Army Of One"
266 @"anthonyb1965"
264 @Moondog
264 @"The Eagle Has Landed"
262 @Bradza
262 @jwaa
260 @"SeaEagleRock8"
Hey how about this, everyone in the top 10 gets a prize?

(Gee a surprise to see no mention of globaleagle there, used to be a decent tipper I thought?)

;)

eusa_doh.gif
D'oh!

Stupid me only put in 7 tips for Round 25. The one that I completely forgot to enter was the Manly v Penrith game where I had tipped Manly in two other tipping comps that I'm in.

I only realised that I had missed a game when I received the results e-mail from Dan and wondered why I only got 12 points this week instead of 14.
icon_rolleyes.gif

SeaEagleRock8 said:
(Gee a surprise to see no mention of globaleagle there, used to be a decent tipper I thought?)

;)

Why you I oughta....!!!!!

sigh.....

I got nothing! (kinda like my tipping total)

I dunno what happened. Last time I subscribe to ricky stuart's form guide for guaranteed success.

Well done to the winners this week!

yadda yadda friggen yadda!

Well done to @tookey and @Clint you both deserve your status at the top of the pack. Big thanks again to @Chip and Chase for tallying up the numbers & your weekly reports, your time & effort is greatly appreciated!

Stiffi said:
Big thanks again to @Chip and Chase for tallying up the numbers & your weekly reports, your time & effort is greatly appreciated!

Absolutely

Bit late for me to be running into tipping form. Thanks chip and chase for the tipping comp always lots of fun and very well run.

@Dan did all the hard work writing the code and pretty much automating the whole process. I just do a quick wrap up each week and a bit of housekeeping.

I will say my tipping form has suffered drastically since I took on the gig. Might have to pass the baton next year and concentrate on taking out the title.

Chip and Chase said:
@Dan did all the hard work writing the code and pretty much automating the whole process. I just do a quick wrap up each week and a bit of housekeeping.

I will say my tipping form has suffered drastically since I took on the gig. Might have to pass the baton next year and concentrate on taking out the title.

No one would blame you for doing so. Its a pretty hefty task. As much as its mostly automated. It takes me about 3 or 4 hours at the start of the season to adjust code and get all the content in there. Then the checking off winners and doing all that sheesh no thanks.

But if you can't do it next year I completely understand

Thanks to Dan, C & C and the membership crew at MWSE for all their hard work during the season to make the tipping comp most enjoyable - especially the weekly reminders we used to receive until recent weeks.

You still get the reminders, it's just that they come on Fridays now.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4