Tipping Round 1 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In a thread a few weeks back I jokingly suggested this year my tipping tactic was going to be to work out who I thought would win and then tip the complete opposite. Had I taken my own advice I would now be sitting on top of the Silvertails tipping ladder and be a proud owner of a double pass to Brookie. I can see it's going to be a long tipping season. Can't say I watched a lot of games this weekend, so not sure what happened exactly, apart from those teams I thought might win not winning. Including Manly, but the less said about that the better.

For the newbies among us, each week there are 18 points up for grabs - 8 games worth two points and an extra two points for correctly tipping the bonus game. If we have one or more tippers tied on the same amount of points then the weekly winner is determined by who picks closest to the actual winning margin in the bonus game.

Well Round 1 surprisingly didn't throw up a perfect round, I suspect that Manly getting rolled put paid to that. We did have one tipper who picked 6 from 8 to lead us out in season 2014. Optimistically he tipped a Manly victory of 24-0, and after 30 minutes was probably wondering if that was enough

The Sea Eagles Stronger Together Tipping Comp weekly winner for Round 1 is @Boofhead with 12 points

Closely followed by 5 tippers on 10 points @Shaka1eye, @anthonyb1965, the smilie queen :p @HappilyManly :cool: and last years gun tippers @"Growler FNQ" and @Clint.

Well done Boofhead, PM me your details (name and preferred email) and I will pass onto the club, and they will then contact you regarding your double pass.

Leaderboard can be viewed here

2014 Tipping Comp Leaderboard

The good news is that Dan's unique ranking system means that no one is worse than 6th place at the moment.

It's not too late for you to sign up either if you still wish to participate in the tipping comps. With the Manly upset in the bonus game it means that latecomers haven't really missed out on any bonus points. Anyone who signs up this week will be given 2 points for Round 1, which was the lowest score registered.

If you believe you have registered and paid and your name isn't on the leaderbaord then you had better send me a PM because something has gone awry. Also a reminder to those who haven't paid yet, get your cash in so you can start accumulating bonus points.

Good luck this week people.

The refs cost me this tipping round

HappilyManly said:
How do you think I feel - I tipped Manly :cool: :p

PS. I tip Manly this week too :heart:
Me too. I always tip Manly and usually who I dislike the least for opposition matches. Constantly throwing money away is the reason I gave up tipping comps years ago. My Sea Eagle heart overrides my strategic brain.
I'm in this one though because Silvertails is awesome and $25 to help this site is worth it.
24 x Manly for me.
Note: before I read C&C's write up I felt really good about coming 4th.:p

I was 4th in the tipping last year & I'm still 4th now... Think I preferred last season's 4th lol

Isn't it nice how @Dan says well done, whether you get a perfect round or 1/8.
If you get a 4+ you think he is being genuine and a nice bloke.
If you get 3 or less you just think he's being a smart arse. ;)

Well I got 4/8 which keeps me up with the big guys.

I know i got the manly tip wrong, but i don't think i am brave enough to ever tip against the mighty eagles.

If you didn't fare too well this week don't fret, I see even former winner @ssar only got 2 points :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Me too. And I only got 3 correct!

Well you still did better than me. I only picked 2 correct and I felt a bit silly getting "Well Done" from Dan in the round 1 results automated PM. :rolleyes:

Clint said:

I find defaulting to the latter saves time!

I think admonishing you for poor tipping would be more harsh than just a blanket "well done" I mean I can code it to be different but I have coffee to drink

Dan said:
I think admonishing you for poor tipping would be more harsh than just a blanket "well done" I mean I can code it to be different but I have coffee to drink

Haha - that would be pretty funny mate.
Maybe something like this
8/8 - you are a gun - you should give up your job & become a professional punter
7/8 - pretty good effort - train harder during the week. A perfect round is not far away
6/8 - not bad - keep working hard you'll get there.
5/8 - just above average. Not great, but not terrible.
4/8 - you are average Joe.
3/8 - that is pretty bad. Are you going to admit to that???
2/8 - Come on have a real go.
1/8 - did your cat put your tips in this week? Maybe ask the Dog next week.
0/8 - bet you can't do that again. Hold on, if you are that bad, there's a fair chance you can. You don't go for Parra by any chance???

Clint said:

Maybe if you get 3 or less instead of a "Well Done", he could add:

smemotions61.gif

Look at the leaderboard folks!!!

(it's the only time my name will be up there all year)

Manly was the one we all missed, I was hoping for more from the gummies.

Well the leaderboard has now been changed to show the actual relative position you actually are in, according to more "normal" methods.

The leadeboard and your forum profile have been updated.

I must say, sitting in 24th is much worse than sitting in 6th as I was this morning haha

Boofhead said:
Look at the leaderboard folks!!!

(it's the only time my name will be up there all year)

Manly was the one we all missed, I was hoping for more from the gummies.
Well done Boof.
Also congrats on thumping the Poms and beating the Seth Efricans.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6