Tipping Competition Moved!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi guys,

After months of programming and testing and more programming and thousands of lines of code, the tipping competition is now live and running from the forums.

I need to make some small refinements and will make more as we go, but by and large it is here and working properly.

You will now see a "Tipping Competition" link on the top of the forums and the old link redirects.

The tipping comp is also more mobile friendly. This is a big step for us to be able to move away from our front-end and unify our logins.

You now longer need to login to the front end to enter your tips, that's huge, and awesome.

Any problems or questions let me know, all your points and data have been moved across so don't worry about that.

For the Blind....

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/tipping-competition.html

Dan

No worries, hopefully this makes it a little easier for people.

I will be tying in more and more things, like your ladder position on the leaderboard into your profile and other goodies

Dan

Dan said:
No worries, hopefully this makes it a little easier for people.

I will be tying in more and more things, like your ladder position on the leaderboard into your profile and other goodies

Dan

Sounds good...with the exception of my ladder position lol. Sounds like some good changes. Thanks again for the work you do.

Im thinking about a possible change where it merges all users on the same points into one position so people feel a little more upbeat about where they sit :)

Dan said:
Im thinking about a possible change where it merges all users on the same points into one position so people feel a little more upbeat about where they sit :)

I like it :p

Dan said:

I found in the old system once I clicked on my user name, saw all my crap results.....and refreshed or clicked back to the ladder....then my username was on top of all of those who had the same score.

I assume it was the same for the other users.

Anyway....when you're 38th, changing the names around won't make me all that "more upbeat" Cause I suck like a hoover on steroids.

:p

BTW - good job Mr Dan!

@Dan

Apologies if I missed it but.....

Is the new tipping format going to have the odds for each game?

Some people....obv not me *cough* use this to pick.

NP if the answer tis no.

haha yes....eventually but that's more of a secondary thing. Just writing the next game menu then will start trying to remember how I actually wrote that bloody code

Dan said:
haha yes....eventually but that's more of a secondary thing. Just writing the next game menu then will start trying to remember how I actually wrote that bloody code

Ah yes. Sometimes we mere mortals forget that writing code isn't waving the magic pen at the comp screen!

rooster v titans = double point game? Did you want to give us all a nice bonus or have I missed something about the titans actually making a go of the game....?

Us v Dan

JxnGFMB.gif

The code for that was written a while a go, it has to go off to the centrebet XML feed fish out the data and put it into the database I then need to generate the code and go from there.

That's all pretty easy, I just need to find a better way to do it.

Dan

@globaleagle

there you go the game menu is at least up. Needs more work like the count down timer. The who is attending was never really used so not sure I will bother rewriting that. Though I might tie it into the forums a little better.

Ill start doing the odds now

Dan said:
@globaleagle

there you go the game menu is at least up. Needs more work like the count down timer. The who is attending was never really used so not sure I will bother rewriting that. Though I might tie it into the forums a little better.

Ill start doing the odds now

I agree about 'who is attending', not sure anyone used it with regularity.

You seem to be able to do far to much work on this site during the week.

methinks you have taken the govt's parental leave!!!

As for me, I'm old and tired and going to bed. (there's an image!)

no just multitasking. A lot of my day is taken up by downloading and uploading massive files and troubleshooting in between. I finished all of my objectives for the half of the year so idol time

@globaleagle you now have the odds back and the system for gathering them is much cleaner without a tangle of tasks from my side :)

Dan

For everyone else, would you prefer to be emailed your results, and also emailed a reminder to enter your tips?

Dan said:
@globaleagle you now have the odds back and the system for gathering them is much cleaner without a tangle of tasks from my side :)

Dan

About time too!

:p

Dan said:
For everyone else, would you prefer to be emailed your results, and also emailed a reminder to enter your tips?

What, I don't get a say in this?

lol.

I don't need an email reminder. I don't mind the email telling me who i picked as it refer to it before watching the games.

I DEF do not want to be emailed my results for the weekend as sometimes it's Wednesday before I've seen all the games on tv over here in mooseland.

As always - thanks Dan!

@Dan

How about a private message?

I can link it up later to a setting, but you can safely ignore the PM until after the games are over

Dan said:
How about a private message?

I can link it up later to a setting, but you can safely ignore the PM until after the games are over

Buy me dinner first!

Oh...message!....

That'd be much better with increased chances of me getting a happy ending.

I'm used to just checking the results in the tipping comp forum so don't want to create extra work for you having to pm us our results.

That said....awesome of you to take my overseas-ness into consideration!

Three thumbs up!

I have most of the code already there, I just need to swap it over for a PM instead of an email, it is currently turned off

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6