Tipping competition and ideas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Guys,

It is seeming more and more like we may end up on a different system for next year, so that we have fully integrated logins etc.

If this happens then I will be writing a new tipping competition and as such would like to get your ideas about what features you like and dislike and want in a tipping comp.

Cheers
Dan

Dan link said:
Hi Guys,

It is seeming more and more like we may end up on a different system for next year, so that we have fully integrated logins etc.

If this happens then I will be writing a new tipping competition and as such would like to get your ideas about what features you like and dislike and want in a tipping comp.

Cheers
Dan
heres one ive seen that looks pretty cool

Round: 26  September 5 – 8
Panthers  -    Sea Eagles
Broncos    -    Knights
Eels    -    Warriors
Raiders    -    Bulldogs
Roosters    -    Dragons
Sharks    -    Cowboys
Storm    -    Rabbitohs
Titans    -    Tigers

so you tip the winners as normal but u rank them 8-1 (8 being the game ure most sure off) That ranking then becomes the points you win or lose for that match.

so lets say i tip
8 Manly
7 stormscum
6 raiders
5 Sharks
4 dragons
3 titans
2 knights
1 warriors

the results were
Round: 26  September 5 – 8
Panthers  16  -  34  Sea Eagles 
Broncos  24  -  2  Knights
Eels  6  -  28  Warriors
Raiders  52  -  34  Bulldogs
Roosters  10  -  0  Dragons
Sharks  28  -  22  Cowboys
Storm  42  -  4  Rabbitohs
Titans  12  -  28  Tigers
my score would be
+8 Manly
+7 stormscum
+6 raiders
+5 Sharks
-4 dragons
-3 titans
-2 knights
+1 warriors

total points 18

just something different

thats a pretty good idea. I will note that one down

I would like just a plain winners tipping comp with the addition of a knockout - that is that you also tip a team each week that won't lose - you can't tip a team any week in the same month. When all are knocked out, you start again.

I like the "knockout" concept as a last man standing type of comp.

Picking the winners against Footy Tab starts also makes it more interesting for games that are almost dead certs, it means you have to think about all 8 games of the round. The other feature I've seen in a couple of comps I've been in is the use of a "Joker", where you chose a round you wish to play it and you get double points for that round.

Also it would be nice to play for a prize, so why not float the idea of a modest entry fee, $5.00 or something. The proceeds could then go towards providing a prize, such as a jersey or something. Just a thought.

C&C, I really like that idea about a jersey for the winner.

Another line of thought is that the money raised can go to help fund the website? I mean, Dan's financially carrying it on his own at the moment, and it's the least we as members can do in my opinion.

I like C and C's idea of a wild card weekend. I was in a comp that gave you three in the season, to be used at any time and you got double points for that round. Was a really good concept.

the wild card idea is good, but programatically hard to police. i will have to think about it for a while and see.

I also think the idea of having a prize is great, so a $5 entry fee may well be on the cards and see what I can do with that money. Alternately I might see if there is something from my collection I can donate.

Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4