Tipping Comp Weekly Winner Round 25

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The penultimate round didn't disappoint with at least one official upset and probably a couple of other games that maybe didn't quite go the way of the form line. If you are not at the pointy end of the ladder, then like me you are just going through the tipping motions this time of year, no sweaty palms or yelling at the TV in games between two teams you wouldn't normally give a rats about. Bring on Mad Monday I say.

Once again no one was able to pick the full card, courtesy of the Titans mainly. In fact we didn't even have a 7 from 8 effort this week, so 6 out of 8 for 14 points was good enough to get you the chocolates this round. We have 7 tippers achieve that feat with varying degrees of margin in the bonus game

@eagle66 @"Lyon King" @Mals @WAMF @Clint and @ManlyBacker went close but

The Sea Eagles Fan Hubs Tipping Comp weekly winners for Round 25 is ...........

@anthonyb1965 who got within 2 of the 20 point Dogs margin. Well done Anthony, PM me your name and preferred email contact and you can get yourself a double pass to the Panthers game to farewell Kitey (and Georgie ?) from Brookie

You can check your overall position on our leaderboard here

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

However there was plenty of action at the top of the tree this week as we see some big moves. After what was a unbeaten run at the top which seemed to stretch for the bulk of the season, @Stiffi has stumbled slightly in the second last week to relinquish his lead with a poor 8 points. @mickqld and @"the mauler" locked away solid 12 point rounds to stay in the hunt. But the big mover this week was defending champ @Clint whose 14 points has taken him to the lead and put him in a good position to retain his title. Fresh from taking out the LFS comp he is looking to write his name in the history books with back to back titles. @mickqld our talismanic pessimist won't be giving up the fight easily though and has been locking away consistent scores week after week, and of course @"the mauler" just won't go away either having been one out, one back for a while now. @Stiffi has produced the goods all season and may be just going through a minor Roosters like slump leading into the final round. These 4 have dropped off the peleton in the final climb and will fight it out between them as they have a 6 point lead over the chasers.

The Final 4 are as follows and their current scores

@Clint 256 - 268 - 282
@mickqld 256 - 270 - 282
@Stiffi 260 - 272 - 280
@"the mauler" 260 - 268 - 280

@"Canteen Worker" @Moondog @"Kiwi Eagle" @Mals are next on 274 and have just come up short.

And in the head to head battle for a carton of whisky it is going down to the wire

@SeaEagleRock8 256 - 264 - 272
@globaleagle 246 - 262 - 272

So a long season of tipping draws to an end and there will be many a nervous pondering from our final 4 this week. How much hope do you place in the hands of those teams out of the running for the finals ? Maybe @Dan has taken pity on tippers by not choosing the Bunnies v Roosters game as the bonus game this week. A fairly simple game of Cowboys at home to the Tigers should take the bonus points out of play ....or will it ?? Do the Tigers rally to send Benji off with a win against the Cowboys missing Matt Scott, or do Cowboys deliver a performance to seal the top 8 spot that looked highly unlikely weeks ago. Do Melbourne and Manly rest players and cruise through the last weekend of the season ?? Plenty to consider .....plenty at stake. Don't forget there is a Thursday night game this week, you'd hate to fall at the final hurdle by failing to lodge a tip.

As always we thank our sponsor and encourage you to check out a Fan Hub near you. As the finals approach, what better way to enjoy a game then in the company of like minded souls if you can't make it to a game.

Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

Unfortunately I will be literally off on Mad Monday celebrations this time next week, so I won't have the pleasure of announcing the Silvertails tipper of the year, I will leave that honour to Dan. Good luck to everyone still in contention and thanks to everyone for participating. I will look forward to seeing who will be crowned Silvertails 2013 Tipper of the Year.

We have one last competition for tipping members that will be a lucky tipper prize. More details on that next week.

I've gone completely off the rails this week, had no internet so was pretty much tipping blind and it showed :)
Hey GE I'll settle for a box of crushed Moose antler, the freight might be cheaper.

Thanks for running the comp & your weekly posts C&C. I have really enjoyed your weekly updates....

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I've gone completely off the rails this week, had no internet so was pretty much tipping blind and it showed :)
Hey GE I'll settle for a box of crushed Moose antler, the freight might be cheaper.

lol, somewhere along the way this bet seems to have taken a life on it's own! I had a shocker of a week. Why oh why do I ever trust the dragons???

And wow, Clint's roar to the top to have a shot at the first b2b! No pressure.

I'm sure I'll say it again but a huuuuuge thank you to @"Chip and Chase" for doing all this work. Amazing effort seeing as , well you know, a lot of people have families, jobs, lives...and it's efforts from members like c and c who make this forum one of the best.

Ok, off to study 1500 form guides!

edit: btw, congrats to anthonyb1965! well done. A tough week I thought.

it's not too late to change it. Maybe I could make it a double bonus round?

Just so we are clear on the procedure for determining the final winner, this is the process we will go through

1) Most Points
2) Correctly Tipped the Bonus Game
3) Closest to margin for Bonus Game

If we still have 2 or more tippers who can't be separated by the above process then we will have a special tie break tip off for the first week of the finals.

If you have any queries regarding the above then please do not hesitate to post here or PM me.

Dan said:
it's not too late to change it. Maybe I could make it a double bonus round?

I'll leave that up to you if you want to change the choice of bonus game, but I think we just stick with one game only as usual.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Was looking promising with 5/5 last weekend which turned into 5/8

You still did than me. I only picked 4. :)

Congrats to the winners this week.
clap.gif

I also echo GE with his comment for a huuuuuge thank you to @"Chip and Chase" for doing all this work for the tipping comp and winners updates this year.
thankyou.jpg

There is however just one thing that I have noticed in this week's winner update is that the link to the 2013 tipping ladder is outdated and needs to be updated to:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/tipping-competition/Jan-Davis-Memorial-Tipping-Competition-2013/8/leaderboard.html

Thanks for pointing that out Jethro, I have a standard template I use for the weekly wraps and I didn't update the link when Dan upgraded the site a few weeks back.

This leads me to suspect that no one is even bothering to read my reports.....damn you.

Chip and Chase said:
Thanks for pointing that out Jethro, I have a standard template I use for the weekly wraps and I didn't update the link when Dan upgraded the site a few weeks back.

This leads me to suspect that no one is even bothering to read my reports.....damn you.
My guess is nearly everybody reads them, they are always worth it!. And I echo the thanks in earlier posts. You've done a great job C & C running this thing, it has been bigger than Ben Hur. Enjoy your mad Monday!

There won't be anything Mad about a family long weekend with 3 kids mate. I'll give you a tip, the only thing that will be mad will be me after a 7-8 hour car journey. I'll need a thousand beers to get over that.

Stiffi said:
I'm struggling in the run home!!

I'm sure you can rise to the occasion Stiffi. You've done all the hard work now it's time for the money shot.

mickqld said:
My fault I tipped the Storm. Thought Snake & Kitey weren't playing DAMN.

I thought you always tipped against Manly ?? LOL.

Chip and Chase said:

I read them but I don't normally click the link to check my position, but after dropping from about position 8 or 9 to position 10 after round 24 results, and then only managing 4 from 8 correct tips this week, I clicked on the link to see how much further I had slid down on the ladder after the round 25 games and found that the link didn't work. On a positive note for me though was that when I did go to the ladder via the correct link, I had found that even after only getting 4 from 8 right this week, I had moved back up to position 9 :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4