Tinkler fails to pay players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/mining-magnate-nathan-tinklerhas-missed-the-due-date-for-newcastle-knights-player-payments/story-fn2mcuj6-1226496809034

The worst part about it, is that players like Gidley could end up on the market, and we will have a nervous wait for him until he is bought by another club, just in case we decide to buy him. That would be a sad moment in our club history

Daniel said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/mining-magnate-nathan-tinklerhas-missed-the-due-date-for-newcastle-knights-player-payments/story-fn2mcuj6-1226496809034

The worst part about it, is that players like Gidley could end up on the market, and we will have a nervous wait for him until he is bought by another club, just in case we decide to buy him. That would be a sad moment in our club history

Not sure what you are trying to say Daniel. Why would we be interested in Gidley?

Puts our board into some context

Dysfunctional yes

Able to pay the bills......yes

Frank said:
Daniel said:

Not sure what you are trying to say Daniel. Why would we be interested in Gidley?

What I am saying is if they dont pay him Gidley will walk, and I wont feel safe and better until he is safely signed by another club

Damn their boardroom must be in a shambles and the player unrest !!!!......Bad luck Newcastle....U made the bed...u lay it.

Everyon's quick to slam Manly...But isnt it nice to see the Roosters, Bulldogs, Tigers, Newcastle having a sh!t time of it. Did I miss anyone???

Ahhh The Central Coast Knights, has a nice ring to it.

Makes me a very proud old Sea Eagle.

Anybody who spends $300m buying racehorses is a dumbass. Obviouly he doesn't know the difference between cash flow and asset wealth.

Maybe he could pay the players in steriods or some of his crispy creme doughnuts?

I'm not sure there is such a story here if you read the whole article.

I do think Tinkler's empire is built on a house of cards, I just think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Another slow day for ROTfield and the daily tele CRAP!!!! glad they are putting the boot into another club other than ours. Only wish I have is that it was the scum mutts again as that puts a smile on my face. When and where is the scum mutts away trip, bound to be a story coming from that :)

If story is true well maybe just maybe we still might see the central coast bears :)

What a surprise - a thread getting a dogs mention (when it is not related to the story)

Daniel said:

Won't happen.

Robbie Tew negotiated a $20mil windfall (bank guarantee so nothing that can be pulled by Tinkler) if the Group leave the Knights.

Should cover expenses at a pinch ('cause you know that Tinkler will say the Group is bankrupt) and give them breathing space to get the ongoing finances sorted in the background.

The ARLC will deal with any walkout by the Group in the same way the ownership of the Titans has been handled. New owners will have to honour all current contracts and it's business as usual.

MadMarcus said:
I'm not sure there is such a story here if you read the whole article.

I do think Tinkler's empire is built on a house of cards, I just think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

As Marcus says it's a non story really if you read the article to the end. Just a story to fill the paper during the week by DT, yet everyone has just seemed to read the headline and believe that. Lazy journalism again by DT.

tookey said:
Anybody who spends $300m buying racehorses is a dumbass. Obviouly he doesn't know the difference between cash flow and asset wealth.

Maybe he could pay the players in steriods?

Six or seven years ago he was worth bugger all, he got very lucky and backed some longshot winners, eg buying a coal mine, coal went through the roof, taken over by Macarthur Coal,who paid him in shares that went through the roof, set up Aston resources whose IPO went through the roof.
Sooner or later your good luck has to run out, and as they say easy come easy go

It is the typical pattern

Footy story posted
Discussed
Dogs brought into thread regardless

FFS did the off season take away peoples sense of humours?

What a bunch of whiny bastards. peoples pays are late all the time. Banks dont process runs all the time, someone misses a cut off time.The signatory has a day off. This seems to happen more when paid monthly on a designated date rather than a regular weekly thursday run. What kind of a pussy goes to the media because there pay is 1 day late. Like WTF is a journalist going to do to help you get paid.

I realise not all footy players are on big bucks but if they have been paid on time everytime except now,they are doing alright. When you get paid on a date a month sometimes they process a few days early if it falls on a sunday, No story in that though

Dead set Nancies

Daniel said:
FFS did the off season take away peoples sense of humours?

Hey, did I tell you about the time I had to give a pee sample at the doctors?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6