Times they are a'changin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Burgess, Walker, Farah, Hiku, Buhrer, Hopoate, Roberts - it's already late November and the player transfer market is still alive likes it's an NBA trade period. I've never seen it like this. Is it here to stay, or just a one-off?

I hope so. Where is Shane Richardson's strategy paper?? Hasn't he been working on things like a player trade window all of this year? :wondering:

Difficult for these players to get in a full offseason training when they don't even know which team they will be playing for next year.

The AFL is so much better organised with team trades than the NRL which is a basketcase in most things it does.

I'll suggest it is here to stay. Look at the length of contract some of those names have remaining.

And we still have The redicious situation that a club can sign a bloke for 2017 when it is late 2015. Yes we're on the good end of this stick with Kapow but that just isn't cricket either.

We should all remove 12 months from any contract ever signed from here on in the NRL and consider it an option clause. As they will be released.

NRL contracts are a complete mess. Draft and trade window thanks.

four of whome are directly related to our club. More than anything it screams roster management to me. We clung onto a club roster saturated with great players longer than the salary cap and age can permit.

This off season is all about manly because we needed change and the folks in charge have done it quicker than any of us thought it could be done.

Kudos

And we still have The redicious situation that a club can sign a bloke for 2017 when it is late 2015.

Remember all the hoop-la when Brisbane trotted out Anthony Mundine in early 1996 in one of their jumpers to announce his signing for 1997....while he was still under contract to St George? It was all about how disrespectful it was.

Then when Benji Marshall showed up on television wearing an Auckland Blues jumper. Same thing.

Now it seems to be happening all the time.

Burgess, Walker, Farah, Hiku, Buhrer, Hopoate, Roberts - it's already late November and the player transfer market is still alive likes it's an NBA trade period. I've never seen it like this. Is it here to stay, or just a one-off?
The answer my feathered friend is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

Remember all the hoop-la when Brisbane trotted out Anthony Mundine in early 1996 in one of their jumpers to announce his signing for 1997....while he was still under contract to St George? It was all about how disrespectful it was.

Then when Benji Marshall showed up on television wearing an Auckland Blues jumper. Same thing.

Now it seems to be happening all the time.
It's like Mundine, Marshall and the rest don't have any spiritual home.

I wonder how does it feel to be without a home, like a complete unknown

Like ... well ...

Like a rolling stone

http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4