time to move on with or without foz and dce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster

With all the talk about how much to offer DCE and FOZ. it's time to look for players that are willing to
be at the club long term. Look at players like tom T who knocked back Dessie and the bulldogs because he wants to stay an eagle. this kid is going to be a huge success. I know the media write alot of spin but also foz and dce are waiting for the best offer.Nothing wrong with that as they are looking after their family and we would do that same if in his position.

Boys either make a decision and stay at the club or sign with someone else so that the club can move on. We have lost alot of talent because of these 2 players and i beleive they are not worth the money that is being thrown around at the moment. to spend 2.5million on 2 players is crazy.

The most disappointing part of this is we lost gift over this and now we are going to skivy as well. Greed can only take you so far. This will not be the CEO or the coaches fault. These players will leave for more money. it's as simple as that. If it is on the mark at 1.3mil each i believe we walk away and find someone else to fill the void at around 500k. I would even take sandow then pay 1.3 mil to dce.

Johnathon thurston is not even getting that sort of money. The issue you have is you are paying around 2.5mil for 2 players and then need to find 2mil for your next 23 players. Some clubs that can depend on 3rd party sponsor can use around 6mil but unfortunately we are not one of the clubs that can do that.

Time to make a decision and move on either way

As long as RL has been played, players have deliberated over their futures...the old June 30 deadline used to drag these things out till very late in the season, and now here we are whinging that they are taking too long to decide. They have a whole season still to play at Manly before they are anyone else's property...for all we know, we may win the competition with them THIS YEAR!

It's just impatience and anxiety that is causing some sections of our fan base to lambaste two players that are well within their rights to receive offers from other clubs.

If you believe the Eels supporters, Foz is to make an announcement on his future this Wednesday. If this is indeed the case then I am sure DCE will follow soon afterwards.

I think someone should count how many times this has been said on here!!

I can't count that high Anthony.....I'm only a humble Maths teacher. You'll need to find someone with greater knowledge of number than me.

It was old about a month ago. I don't know how to describe it now.

Bigger question is....Can anyone recall the last time we had an off season where we could talk, and get excited about the season ahead? I support the club, just sign or go either way, just bring on the footy season.

Bigger question is....Can anyone recall the last time we had an off season where we could talk, and get excited about the season ahead?

I've been doing that every off-season for the last 10 years.

I don't buy into the media's Oo-aa-Manly-implode-again-disaster-shock-horror.

In fact I find it quite amusing. You could almost say I enjoy the process of being a Manly fan, lol.

Sad that some others find it painful.

Yeah need to deal with it all. That is all.
They stay or go, we will still be here.
Over whole process but is part of game.

10959705_790425064338789_4778249138365814563_n.jpg

Once again its come back to the administration of the NRL.

1. There needs to be a transfer window so all trades are made during a certain time (Probably off season and mabye a short window in june to cover injuries)
2. make it a rule that opposition clubs cannot approach a player until the transfer window.
3. If possible, start clamping on the media for posting rumours/speculation (perhaps prohibit managers speaking to media during non transfer window periods)

4. This is the big one - Increase the long service allowance, AND introduce a "bred not bought" allowance for young players that come through a clubs juniors system.

I respect the media will still try build speculation/rumours but it will hopefully curb it and lead to shorter contract negotiations.

I think someone should count how many times this has been said on here!!

Put it this way. If we had a dollar for every time, then we could afford to sign up Foz and Chez on Silvertails.net 3rd party deals for life.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4