1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to end the walker experiment!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Don't get me wrong he has been playing well this year but he has been playing as a centre if you know what I mean. His kicking and ball playing is poor, throwing lots of hospital passes. Api should stay at 6 IMO his kicking was perfect, he set up 3 tries (2 off kicks). His ball playing is there and his running is awesome and can defend well also. IMO the perfect game from api.

Api stats this week:

68 meters
    36 tackles
    3 try assists

Awesome stuff api!!! Long term 5/8 easy hope he got man of the match coz he deserved by the way who did get motm?

And there's the issue of when DCE comes back if api stays in the halves where does walker go? Nice headache for baz to have. Great win!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    He probably could have set up a try in that 1st half but chose to run it like a centre instead of giving our backline space to finish it off and it fell apart

I think Walker will remain at 6 but Api will get a spot on the bench once DCE returns, instead of getting dropped to NSW cup

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,113 / 287
    Matai was sensational, as was Lyon. Can't drop either of them. Walker was a little quieter, but he was a threat, and The Warriors knew it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Also anyone notice how well Api kept RTS out of the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,113 / 287
    Our kick chase was amazing. I don't know, we looked.....modern tonight...hope that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cliffymagic

Cliffymagic Active Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 2
    Goin be tough to drop Api. Nice to have cover and backup if a hooker. Centre or half are out for any amount of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    And even when Roger got some space we didn't sit back and wait for him to dance he just got tackled

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,765 / 100
    what I do agree with is that the notion of walker playing 5/8 regardless should be scraped. Prepared to give him time to make the position his, but the construct of the team should come first.

Interesting thought is if Api did get the 5/8 spot I would look at rotating Lyon, Matai and Walker in the centres. The lighter workload could be benefical to both aging warriors.

9. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    Another stupid thread without thinking.

So who do you drop - Matai or Lyons?

Fans were calling for some brisb 5/8th last year.

Luckily coaches don't listen to the popcorn brigade.

Api will battle with Parcelbwhen DCE comes back

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Settle down mate it's just a thought I never said drop anyone just my opinion that one of the inform halves of the comp should keep his spot

• Like Like x 1
  11. cava2323

cava2323 Active Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 1
    Lyon 60 minute ball playing lock? Just putting it out there...

Api to 6, walker to centre. Would be interesting to say the least.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    Have a look at your headline grabbing thread subject.
    It is not me that needs to settle down.

Btw, how does ending the Walker experiment not get someone dropped. Would love to see your backline

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Haha mate I'm pretty sure you need to settle down IMO we could have a backline like this

1.Snake
    2.Tafua
    3.Lyon
    4.Walker
    5.Turbo
    6.Koroisau
    7.Cherry-Evans

11.Matai

You could do it like this Api defends well so have him defending where Matai would be in the second row Lyon could come in one in defence to cover api and Matai could continue defending in the centres. Matai plays like a second rower anyways probably won't happen but api is playing to well to be dropped to the bench. And Lussick gets dropped simple as that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    High involvement, good defense, takes the line on and has a nice short kick. If he improves further walker wont be the starting 5/8. Will be interesting to see how he goes next week.

15. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Just a hint: when you're going to present yourself as the All Knowing All Seeing One, ya gotta know that his name is Lyon. Jamie LYON.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +439 / 4
    Baz has 3 good halves. Pick them on form. Leave everyone else where they are.

• Like Like x 1
  17. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    If it's on form the 10 million dollar man misses out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Fantastic problem to have. Api is our best atm so how can you drop him? Or even put him on the bench in this form? He is a real threat in attack and has done so well in defence too. Barrett has locked himself into Walker at five eighth. So what do you do? Wouldn't even rule out Barrett moving Chez into lock a la SOO to add an extra playmaker. He's already successfully thought outside the box by bringing Api into half-back.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    People should lay off @Turbo a bit. He's a kid expressing his opinions. Us older folk may feel we know a bit more but you can ease off having a dig at him. Just explain how you think he's wrong if you disagree.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    I actually like having a passionate kid around. Even if he does have some thoughts that are a little extreme. Good to see a kid who cares.

• Like Like x 1