1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Deliver

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I noticed the following excerpt in today's tele.

We know that none of these 13 clubs are Manly or Souths so in the end we are one of the two least successful clubs in the past decade since the glory days of the mid-nineties.

Obviously there are reasons for this - NE merger, SuperLeague fallout and cash crises etc

However it is now time to get back on the horse and make it 14 teams in the top 4. I can't see us winning or making the Grand Final this year but those stats above show how far we have fallen!!

Time to start righting the wrongs!!!

PS Full Article is on Captains righting wrongs - with Nathan Cayless holding the NRL trophy (only way he will get to do it!!) and is on our front page.

http://www.silvertails.net/news.php

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    mate a decade ago was the nineties, not seventies

i can see us making or winning if we start playing as a team and everyone puts in - as often reminded by ryan they felt last last that it was a team full of individuals - if this changes we have a chance, tigpies did it last year and panfers a few years ago.

3. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I meant nineties!! Oooppps. :cop:

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Must have something to do with a certain birthday and reminiscing. Maybe CW lost his virginity in the 70's ? :lol2:

5. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Manly did. 72!!! Was a great day in my household.