Time to bring back Des

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The broncos loose a few more games like they did last night and Bennett will be looking for a new gig too

Seeing Des back at Manly would really sour my enjoyment of the club going forward. Would rather a struggling but loyal Tooves than a successful mercenary.

Not blaming Tooves but I believe Des could have kept the core group of players at the club.
I'm not Zorba either, just want to see The Manly Sea Eagle continue being the best team in the competition.

Toovs has had the champion side from 2012 for prelim, gfs and equal minor then out back door.
However internal politics and issues out of his control have put him in this path. But this said he is a good coach but not great and that is the point. We have snake, matai, killer, hiku for a few years lets surround them with a good pack for ****s sake. Foz is gone imo time to move on as well, our club should learn lessons as to why not have such a unbalanced team.
Parra where good very good recruiting in off season but no one om massive dollars.

Tooves is a great Manly legend but unfortunately part of being a great coach is being able to keep plays at the club. Under Tooves we have lost Kite, Glen Stewart, Watmough, Cherry Evans, Lussik, Gower, King, Whare, Tony Williams possibly Foran. This is the heart and sole of the team and I have never known a Manly team to loose so manly players.
Time to get Des back.
What so we can stay at the top, build a team then have an assload of back ended contacts tear the team apart after a few years of success? **** that plus he's only after dollars

Des won't leave the Bulldogs unless he wins a premiership with them. They've been building under him for three years and got close twice. He has unfinished business, and I doubt he could be coaxed away from Belmore.

I don't think Toovey's coaching is the problem, if it was, then explain 2013's GF appearance?
This is more aftershocks from the split board. Tensions have been simmering amongst the playing group for a while and came to a head when Gifty was let go (which was a board decision, not Toovey).

Choc left because he was used to Des sticking up for the players and giving it to the board (Des being a premiership winning coach, had leverage with the board). The problem is Toovey has never had that same leverage and pull with board, so when the board cut Gifty loose, Choc blamed Toovey's lack of "leadership" on the players behalf.

As for DCE leaving ,well mark my words, he is not a well liked member of the team.

Toovey is a champion but he isn't above criticism as a coach. He inherited a champion team and his big challenge will be can he re build a team.

People are simply remembering the glory days of Hasler's premierships and forgetting the unforgivable act of walking out two days after a GF victory.

Certainly don't forget him leaving but I also don't just wipe what he did for the club as coach and a player yes what he did was wrong but 2 just wipe all the good he has done for the club is also wrong.

Give Technical Coach a chance at the job I reckon. Unless he has secretly signed elsewhere.
Signed elsewhere sorry mate.

Knowing the technical elements better than any coach on this planet does not mean you are head coach worthy----but to be honest the above is just a scripted line learning the "secrets" from DCE to boost my next contract.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2