Time for legal action against the bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
slickster71 said:
Start legal action against Dessi for breach of contract and other matters regarding while under contract with Manly. Also the dogs for talking to dessie while under contract.

If Des breached his contract and Manly was pursuing legal action he would have been stopped from coaching the scum this year. Unfortunately, because this has not happened, I don't think we have a leg to stand on in regards to suing him. As for chasing Canterbury for talking to him, you can't stop them from offering a contract to Des after his contract is over. If you remember Des signed on with Canterbury for 2013, whether or not they hoped he would be stepped down for 2012 is speculation, and I doubt that they have any evidence that Canterbury enticed him to break his contract.

Sadly, I don't think we have a case to put forward in regards to Des, otherwise he would not be currently coaching, an injunction would have been imposed immediately against Des and Canterbury.

slickster71 said:
Keiren should be not registered and stopped from playing with the dogs to 2014. If this means sitting him on the sidelines for 12months then do so. Do not take a back step and do what other clubs have done and let them go.

Another problem is Kieran's contract has a clause which allows him to leave if Des is not coach, you cannot force a player to sit out 12 months if his LEGALLY bound contract allows him to leave earlier, otherwise we'd be looking at a serious case to answer.

Sad to say, but there's nothing illegal about what is happening, it is unethical, but ethics do not dictate our laws, and they are doing everything legally.

Rubbish

It has taken so long because they needed to get it right. To charge in half cocked would of made it a weak case. I have heard there were thousands of emails to go through. Also legal opinion was needed.

You are assuming that because it has taken some time that they have no grounds,well you would be wrong. just wait and see.

From day one they would have put an injunction on him when they SACKED him, but they didn't. Why wouldn't they do such a thing if they had grounds to sack him?

This whole issue has been a farce from day one.

Once again Rubbish

They are doing it the way the lawyer wants them to. You say because they didn't do it the way you are saying then there is no case.
They have better legal minds than you or me working on it.

Highly doubt it, an injunction would have been served at the time of sacking had they found anything, if they had evidence to sack him they sure as hell have enough evidence to impose an injunction against Des. An injunction is really easy to put forward, and then the defendant has to prove themselves innocent.

I still call bull**** that we have anything against Des.

cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
If Des breached his contract and Manly was pursuing legal action he would have been stopped from coaching the scum this year. Unfortunately, because this has not happened, I don't think we have a leg to stand on in regards to suing him. As for chasing Canterbury for talking to him, you can't stop them from offering a contract to Des after his contract is over. If you remember Des signed on with Canterbury for 2013, whether or not they hoped he would be stepped down for 2012 is speculation, and I doubt that they have any evidence that Canterbury enticed him to break his contract.

Sadly, I don't think we have a case to put forward in regards to Des, otherwise he would not be currently coaching, an injunction would have been imposed immediately against Des and Canterbury.

Another problem is Kieran's contract has a clause which allows him to leave if Des is not coach, you cannot force a player to sit out 12 months if his LEGALLY bound contract allows him to leave earlier, otherwise we'd be looking at a serious case to answer.

Sad to say, but there's nothing illegal about what is happening, it is unethical, but ethics do not dictate our laws, and they are doing everything legally.

Rubbish

It has taken so long because they needed to get it right. To charge in half cocked would of made it a weak case. I have heard there were thousands of emails to go through. Also legal opinion was needed.

You are assuming that because it has taken some time that they have no grounds,well you would be wrong. just wait and see.

From day one they would have put an injunction on him when they SACKED him, but they didn't. Why wouldn't they do such a thing if they had grounds to sack him?

Once again Rubbish

They are doing it the way the lawyer wants them to. You say because they didn't do it the way you are saying then there is no case.

Highly doubt it, an injunction would have been served at the time of sacking had they found anything, if they had evidence to sack him they sure as hell have enough evidence to impose an injunction against Des. An injunction is really easy to put forward, and then the defendant has to prove themselves innocent.

You are missing the point that they didn't have all the evidence until recent times. Now they do and are sure, then they can move on it.
They had a case to sack him and now the emails have made it alot stronger.

lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
Rubbish

Once again Rubbish

You are missing the point that they didn't have all the evidence until recent times. Now they do and are sure, then they can move on it.
They had a case to sack him and now the emails have made it alot stronger.

:popcorn:
tennis-14.gif

I jump on here after work, see the no. of posters and think, whoa, something's gone down. Kieran's must have announced his doggie defection. But still none the wiser.
It sucks that fans are powerless and in the dark about all this. Wish there was something proactive we could do. Don't know what though, apart from continueing to support those with Sea Eagles on their chests.

F@*k legal action. What's done is done. Any one who wants to leave then piss off.

Can we just play footy and let Toovey concentrate on the team. Foran goes big deal, get Riccardi up or use his brother.

Don't punish the guy. if he doesn't want to play for us then bye bye

dowdz said:
F@*k legal action. What's done is done. Any one who wants to leave then piss off.

Can we just play footy and let Toovey concentrate on the team. Foran goes big deal, get Riccardi up or use his brother.

Agree 100%

dowdz said:

Only way to go.

Keiran, if its true, is only activating a clause put in their by Des himself....If thats the case and Keiran does go we should go after Des and Greebturd all guns blazing.

If found guilty strip him of his life membership....if not so be it and life goes on

I would hope that Larissa (as the brand manager) of the club is involved in any action against Des - this would serve to have some form of independent view on the potential brand impact V any positive return

For mind there has to be a very compelling case (and i am not talking about a legal case but from a monetary / pr / brand view) to see any benefit in going down this path

Can't understand all those muppets saying if he wants out, let him out.

**** that.

Foran has a contract until 2013.

If the out clause is deemed null and void then he has a contract. Plain and simple.

The club should force him to honour it.

Jatz Crackers said:
^^ Nice tennis rackets. Goes well with popcorn too !

Can I have a coke with the popcorn, umm wait no make that a pepsi..... Hold on no no wait make it Jim Beam and Coke... Bugger

5 Cougars thanks. :p

you should take legal action against the Manly administration for gross incompetence in allowing your club to turn to s£it and put all your supporters and players in this situation:argue::argue:

DSM5 said:
Absolutely agree 1947. Coach his brother to play 5/8th and wait for Ricardi to come through. Sign T-Rex.

Yes 100% agree, sick of it all, if it means a few lean years so be it
You can't win every GF, let them go, accumulate some funds
Start buying again we do need 2 good forwards and a couple of backs
To refresh the imanent departures.

rainman said:
you should take legal action against the Manly administration for gross incompetence in allowing your club to turn to s£it and put all your supporters and players in this situation:argue::argue:

This from a supporter of a club that has caused more controversy than Peter Slipper!

Slippery Pete is a Bulldogs patron. He has been setting a high moral tone for the C-B club since at least Coffs Harbour.

The Who said:
rainman said:

This from a supporter of a club that has caused more controversy than Peter Slipper!

maybe so, but my point is that Manly admin and board F**cked big time, no use blaming DES and TG :angel:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4