1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time For Fresh Faces

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by TagMonster, Apr 20, 2015.

Which Player Should Get A Start?

1. A. Demetriou

34 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. J. Hodges

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  3. W. Pearsall

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. M. Rudolph

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  5. L. Knight

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  6. K. Aldridge

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. S. Vave

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  8. R. Travers

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  9. J. Maxwell

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    With all the injuries I think we should be blooding some youth. Why we keep trotting out players like C. Blair, B. Wiliame and J. Hasson when we know what they bring (very little) and are unlikely to be in the clubs plans for the future (I hope) has me perplexed.

So with that said, who you bring into the FG side to see what they've got? I think the below in order:
    1. A. Demetriou
    2. J. Hodges
    3. M. Rudolph

• Like Like x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    There is an NRL limit to how many different players a Club can field.

A few year's ago, Penriff and Raiders ran out of troops and the NRL wouldn't allow their NYC guys to come up to firsts

• Like Like x 1
  3. TagMonster

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    Sadly we would have to be close to that. I don't see why this would be enforced in the current player welfare environment. So does that mean Killer should be run out there on a busted ankle? I'm sure exceptions would be made for Souths or Easts!

• Like Like x 1
  4. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    You've doubled L.Knight's chances by putting him in the list twice @:)

5. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    I'm liking what I hear about Addison Demetriou...but haven;t seen him play. Anyone have insights they'd care to share? I've heard he's a nuggety, hard-running player a bit like Gallen.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't think it is a limit on actual numbers of players it's more to do with a second tier salary cap limit for players outside the top 25. Anyway we have used 27 players so far this season, so depending on what those second tier guys are earning might determine who we can or cannot use.

EDIT - just hit google and found this

Payments for players outside Top 25

$440,000 - Cap for all players outside of the top 25 who compete in the Telstra Premiership.

So basically you can only use $440K worth of players outside of your top 25 highest paid players. I don't know what our top 25 is. I think you can also ask for an exemption from the NRL in the case of injury crisis, from memory Penrith and Canberra had the same scenario over the last 2 seasons.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  7. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    You would think if this injury toll keeps mounting then the club will consider a mid season transfer.

That said we have this week then its Aus vs Nz. By round 9 we should have a couple more guys back on deck (assuming we dont lose more players this weekend).

8. TagMonster

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    My mistake, and yet he still has zero votes! Never a good sign.

9. TagMonster

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    Hard hitting, hard running second rower who can step into prop when required (hence comparison to Gallen).

Plus he can goal kick!

http://silvertails.net/threads/addison-demetriou.40173/

10. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Rudolph is a myth. Rudolph = Jye M

• Like Like x 1
  11. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
  12. act_eagle

act_eagle act_eagle

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1
    Give em all a run
    If we get beaten it's not like anything has changed

• Like Like x 3
  13. TagMonster

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    I think you might be right. He is named each week in the NSW Cup side and from what I've seen plays reasonably well. Yet never named or even suggested into the FG side. Maybe he doesn't exist and it's just a figment of my imagination...

14. Bird Up

Bird Up Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 2
    Oh he exists alright and yes plays reasonably well week in and week out, even scores try's but as to why he hasn't had a crack at FG yet is beyond me!! :wondering:

15. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Thanks TagMaster - makes some good reading for a change! Wonder if he's mature enough for first grade yet...

16. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I hope at some stage this year that Addison Demetriou gets a chance in first grade, I have seen enough of him play to suggest that he is a little pocket rocket and his go forward will add a lot to the team. I think as it looks like by round 13 if we are out of contention, lets get in the kids and give them experience with our more experienced guys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,523 / 134
    I would like to see Chee Kam given a crack at FG, just on the off chance the opportunity kicks him into gear. Sometimes it can be hard to show good form in the lower grades, because you inadvertently drop yourself to the standards of those you compete against. You just never know how a player might respond in the big league.

18. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Is a myth as been in considered a first grader unless we want to take the position of regular cellar dwellers.

19. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    I like the last guy.
    We really need a ref on our side at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 37
    None of the above at this stage

Demetriou, Travers etc look good coming through but throwing them in the deep end and expecting them to be our saviours could annihilate there confidence. ............and potential ruin there career

Nuture these youngsters, if they are smashing down the door then play them but don't throw them in there as a desperate gamble