Time For Fresh Faces

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which Player Should Get A Start?

• A. Demetriou

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • J. Hodges

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • W. Pearsall

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • M. Rudolph

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • L. Knight

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • K. Aldridge

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • S. Vave

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • R. Travers

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • J. Maxwell

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
With all the injuries I think we should be blooding some youth. Why we keep trotting out players like C. Blair, B. Wiliame and J. Hasson when we know what they bring (very little) and are unlikely to be in the clubs plans for the future (I hope) has me perplexed.

So with that said, who you bring into the FG side to see what they've got? I think the below in order:
1. A. Demetriou
2. J. Hodges
3. M. Rudolph

There is an NRL limit to how many different players a Club can field.

A few year's ago, Penriff and Raiders ran out of troops and the NRL wouldn't allow their NYC guys to come up to firsts

There is an NRL limit to how many different players a Club can field.

A few year's ago, Penriff and Raiders ran out of troops and the NRL wouldn't allow their NYC guys to come up to firsts

Sadly we would have to be close to that. I don't see why this would be enforced in the current player welfare environment. So does that mean Killer should be run out there on a busted ankle? I'm sure exceptions would be made for Souths or Easts!

I'm liking what I hear about Addison Demetriou...but haven;t seen him play. Anyone have insights they'd care to share? I've heard he's a nuggety, hard-running player a bit like Gallen.

I don't think it is a limit on actual numbers of players it's more to do with a second tier salary cap limit for players outside the top 25. Anyway we have used 27 players so far this season, so depending on what those second tier guys are earning might determine who we can or cannot use.

EDIT - just hit google and found this

Payments for players outside Top 25

$440,000 - Cap for all players outside of the top 25 who compete in the Telstra Premiership.

So basically you can only use $440K worth of players outside of your top 25 highest paid players. I don't know what our top 25 is. I think you can also ask for an exemption from the NRL in the case of injury crisis, from memory Penrith and Canberra had the same scenario over the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:
You would think if this injury toll keeps mounting then the club will consider a mid season transfer.

That said we have this week then its Aus vs Nz. By round 9 we should have a couple more guys back on deck (assuming we dont lose more players this weekend).

Rudolph is a myth. Rudolph = Jye M

I think you might be right. He is named each week in the NSW Cup side and from what I've seen plays reasonably well. Yet never named or even suggested into the FG side. Maybe he doesn't exist and it's just a figment of my imagination...

I think you might be right. He is named each week in the NSW Cup side and from what I've seen plays reasonably well. Yet never named or even suggested into the FG side. Maybe he doesn't exist and it's just a figment of my imagination...

Oh he exists alright and yes plays reasonably well week in and week out, even scores try's but as to why he hasn't had a crack at FG yet is beyond me!! :wondering:

I'm liking what I hear about Addison Demetriou...but haven;t seen him play. Anyone have insights they'd care to share? I've heard he's a nuggety, hard-running player a bit like Gallen.
I hope at some stage this year that Addison Demetriou gets a chance in first grade, I have seen enough of him play to suggest that he is a little pocket rocket and his go forward will add a lot to the team. I think as it looks like by round 13 if we are out of contention, lets get in the kids and give them experience with our more experienced guys.

I would like to see Chee Kam given a crack at FG, just on the off chance the opportunity kicks him into gear. Sometimes it can be hard to show good form in the lower grades, because you inadvertently drop yourself to the standards of those you compete against. You just never know how a player might respond in the big league.

Is a myth as been in considered a first grader unless we want to take the position of regular cellar dwellers.

None of the above at this stage

Demetriou, Travers etc look good coming through but throwing them in the deep end and expecting them to be our saviours could annihilate there confidence. ............and potential ruin there career

Nuture these youngsters, if they are smashing down the door then play them but don't throw them in there as a desperate gamble

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8