Time for Change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jooe

As a long time supporter and also avid reader of this forum I have decided to bite the bullet and give my opinions on our club. First thing yesterday I have to say I was hoping the dogs beat us and that Souths knocked us out of the 8, the reasons are twofold we don't deserve to play finals this year and this side will embarrass a great club. The time has now come to put a broom thru the place starting with Lowe and hasler. For Des thanks for all you have done for this club but the side has been stale since they one the comp they are no longer responding to you and all we have heard from you this year is blaming refs,I believe you should look at yourself and the fitness guy singe how many times have we run out of fitness in the second half and you have no answers. Now we come to Lowe surely we are more professional then having to recruit an Auckland taxi cab driver to lead our club send him home now. Recruitment what a farce this year we go into the season with untried halfback and the same plan for next year,if we are on our cap then we are paying WAY to much to certain players who should be shown the door. We seem to sign the at best old junk from other clubs,I read next year we are linked to hickey and yillen gordon that will do me if we sign these two clowns. Des has to were the decision to sign bailey at top dollar when no one not even newcastle rated the guy and also to waste money on a liability like matai who is at the moment nothing more that a cheap thug on the field. I believe you judge greatness by how you handle success and our club since winning the comp has gone backwards, we have not handled success we should have bigger crowds, bigger sponsorship,and bigger membership yet we have poor crowds, poor membership and no longer have a major sponsor. So in summing up I hope the fact we limped into the 8 ( like last year) does not mask the fact that big changes are needed.

Cheers Joe

Welcome Joe, and some of what you say is probably right, who knows what will happen in the off season when the hoopla has died down.

Very strong first 'hit-up' Joe. But can you last when the Forum 'hate Joe' posts come? I hope so. I agree with many of the things you said.

Certainly a comprehensive first post!

I agree with your comments on Lowe and Bailey, but I think you are a bit harsh on Des and Matai.  Matai has been one of our best in most games this year.

We have been absolutely and comprehensively decimated with injury this year, and now suspension as well.  This has led to frustration which has just put us further in the hole.

It is a bit much to expect us to play like we did in 08 when half our best starting side is on the bench for one reason or another.  All things considered I think we did well to make the 8 to be honest.

How can we call our selves passionate never say die sea eagle supporters when we wished and hoped the dogs would beat us at brookvale and say we did not deserve to make the top eight. Our team had bad luck with loosisng our most destructive and possibly the games most devestating back stewart.WE  also lost another speedster in the wolfman.We started the season with a no name halfback the most inexpirienced in the nrl, and foran is still far from playing to his potential.Injuries, suspensions, and disgraceful referee decisions against us did not help. So the dogs beat us at brookvale , did they make the eight NO did the eels NO, did the one state team brisbane make it NO, did the big spending rabbits make it NO, did the cowboys the team with speed and the best halfback in the world make it (what a disgrace they came last) NO, and not to mention the corrupt and humiliating storm, Our coach and CEO would never stoop down to that level and embarrass our club because they are both proud man and so is our team ,and we do deserve to make the top eight ,IF YOU PEOPLE WANT TO PUT DOWN AND RUBBISH  ANY ONE , HAVE A GO AT ALL THE TEAMS , COACHES , AND CEOs THAT FAILED TO MAKE THIS YEARS FINALS

No Manly fan would ever wish we'd lose.
If someone said this then they must be related to Mr Seagle.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6