Time for a mutiny ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
unfortunately the meetings will mean little because of how tightly worded the constitution is

Nothing will change until/unless the NRL takes control back from broadcasters and starts making decisions in the best interests of clubs and paying spectators. The sport is now a TV spectacle, and the NRL leadership is a bunch of over-paid politically correct wimps.
Ever since the spine-tingling 'Battle of Brookie' against the Storm the game has lost its spark. Almost every game is now boring and repetitive. We know that there will be no 'fireworks'. Any hint of it and it becomes a Prada Handbags swap meet.

Nothing will change until/unless the NRL takes control back from broadcasters and starts making decisions in the best interests of clubs and paying spectators. The sport is now a TV spectacle, and the NRL leadership is a bunch of over-paid politically correct wimps.

This is the crux of the problem. I can't think of any other major sport that lets broadcasters call all the shots.

Tv broadcasters are the problem , no two ways about that but i dont blame the current management for the predicament. YET. Gallop had so undersold the rights, the game and the clubs needed to ensure the last deal was all about the dollars for the good of the game. The game needs vision and without cash its nothing.

The clubs even voted for this approach

However now with the bar being set a lot higher, the clubs receiving a larger grant and the game at least in a position where it can underpin clubs struggling financially the next deal has to be about the game

If at the next deal the NRL doesnt take back its product and re package it as a fan friendly sport than footy is doomed. The nrl is a much better product in the day time simple as that. the only way footy can be attractive at night is to switch to a summer competition

While greenberg is incompetent gallop was criminal

This is the crux of the problem. I can't think of any other major sport that lets broadcasters call all the shots.
NFL ,NBA &NHL to name a few..
U go to a ice hockey game over here & wonder why they are always stopping,it's for commercial breaks...

I wouldn't mind if the game has to stop for ads, but I strongly disagree with the TV networks taking control of the scheduling

Todd Greenburg as Captain Bligh. Hugh Jackman (MWSE supporter) as Fletcher Christian
Russell Crowe would be ok, has "Master and Commander" experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4