1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Moltzen to replace Foran?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagle9413, Sep 2, 2015.

Who will be Manly's 5/8th in 2016?

1. Jamie Lyon

49.1%
  2. Tim Moltzen

12.3%
  3. Other

35.1%
  4. Foran can't be replaced...

3.5%
  1. SeaEagle9413

SeaEagle9413 Forward Pass

Ratings:
    +348 / 60
    Will Tim Moltzen replace Foran at five-eighth for 2016? Tim has played at 5/8th before and Jamie Lyon will be better playing in the centres (in my opinion).

Thoughts?

• Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  2. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 80
    none of the above.... cant we go for the other option...

3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I think the off season, with a whole new Coaching roster, will arrive at a brand new combination.

We need a backup kicker ASAP as Killer keeps hurting his ankle :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,241 / 131
    If Moltzen can play 3 good games in 12 months then he will be better than the cry baby sook that he replaced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KeithSheldon

KeithSheldon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +694 / 38
    We have Gutherson as a back-up kicker, who was probably going to be our main kicker this year given his ridiculous accuracy with the boot. But you know, he broke down 20 minutes into our first game.

6. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    For the trial games it should be
    1 Snake
    2 Tafua
    3 Skivvy
    4 Piku
    5 Gutho
    6 Killer
    7 Flipper
    imo . Would be happy to see Tom T tried on left side with Taufua tried out as a backrower

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kingoftherodeo

kingoftherodeo Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 7
    Snake
    Gutho
    Matai
    Hiku
    Trbojevic
    Lyon
    Dce

• Like Like x 2
  8. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Turbo Tom (or Gutho) simply has to be in the starting side. Both are too good to be wasting away in the lower grades. The easiest solution for next year is to move Killer to pivot and Hiku to the centres.

Moltzen is simply a swap for Littlejohn IMO. One NSW Cup level half for another.

That's my opinion anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I have this tom wright kid will really take off, if he had the wallabies chasing him then he must have a lot more skill then we know about. That video wasn't a great indicator but having the wallabies chase you and waratahs is.
    Lyon
    Pearsell
    Wright
    Mateo
    My 4 options or even gutho to 6.

10. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,307 / 51
    We need a 5/8 that can fill a gap in 2016 and introduce Will Pearsell into the team as be has a lethal combination developing with Tommy Turbo . I hope he gets a chance at some stage.

11. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Don't write off Will Pearsall to get a start at some stage especially if the u20s go deep into Sept.

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Api has played a few games at 5/8 this year so he would be in contention for sure

13. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    They weren't good games though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Gutho to 5/8. Tom Turbo to wing. Matai, Hiku and Lyon to be our centres (depending on their form and their injuries. At any one time one will be unavailable).
    Tom Turbo to move to fullback and centre whenever there is a backline injury.
    He is a must to help revitalise our once premier backline, who are now slow and predictable.
    Hopefully Gutho will develop, cement a permanent spot and become our No. 1 goal kicker.
    I feel it's now time to offer Matai a chance to move on, to NZ or England. He has been wonderful for us but I can't see him being able to complete another full season in the NRL.
    I'm looking for a change in playing style next season, and I think with Gutho and Tom Turbo we could have the most potent backline in the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    I like the idea of going with the young guys (Gutho & Tom T), especially around the old heads. We saw what Tommy is capable of this year. As for goal kicker, both Gutho and Api are quite good.

16. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    The issue for the no 6 I see is a number of options with few stand outs - which means there could be a heap of chopping and changing next year without some younger players being allowed to settle into their role

17. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    The Reason Barrett has been missing and on leave is that he is in secret training and will be our captain coach next year filling the void at 5/8 @:smirk:

• Ironstine Ironstine x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  18. Bird Up

Bird Up Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 2
    I can remember who said it, but I do remember thinking to myself at the time that of all people that guy would know, but in the match lead up commentary to last weekends raiders vs panthers game, the guy spoke about Api playing 5/8 and how being stuck behind Segyaro for hooker, he decided to sign with Manly as he had the opportunity to have a regular gig in first grade, replacing Foran......

If this is the case then Barrett has some serious wk to do with Api over the pre season cos IMO defensively he wasn't great and he didn't really offer anything in attack as a playmaker either!

Out of the two options who have played first grade I think Moltzen would be a better option to start 2016 at 5/8. If he can stay injury free and get some game consistency, I think he'll be a quality 5/8. He's a great support player and is a more natural 5/8 than Api!

In saying that though, also looking at both of them, if I was a back up half in NSW Cup I would be rubbing my hands together, eagerly awaiting pre season and the main season, and thinking to myself that if I can pump it out and put my best foot forward by having a strong pre season as well as playing consistently well in NSW Cup, that I would give myself a great opportunity to be rewarded with a run in first grade, through injury or or even just quality performances, and giving myself the golden opportunity to snatch the 5/8 spot! THAT would be my motivation and driving force for sure!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I doubt api will be 5/8 but I really hope Pearsell and Moltzen fight over a first grade spot in 2016 and beyond with these 2 probably being the reserve halves.

20. Bird Up

Bird Up Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 2
    I was actually surprised to hear what the commentator said as I didn't think Api would be our first choice 5/8 but I though it was interesting to add what I heard to our discussion! :)