Tim Moltzen to replace Foran?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will be Manly's 5/8th in 2016?

• Total voters

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Will Tim Moltzen replace Foran at five-eighth for 2016? Tim has played at 5/8th before and Jamie Lyon will be better playing in the centres (in my opinion).

Thoughts?

I think the off season, with a whole new Coaching roster, will arrive at a brand new combination.

We need a backup kicker ASAP as Killer keeps hurting his ankle :confused:

I think the off season, with a whole new Coaching roster, will arrive at a brand new combination.

We need a backup kicker ASAP as Killer keeps hurting his ankle :confused:

We have Gutherson as a back-up kicker, who was probably going to be our main kicker this year given his ridiculous accuracy with the boot. But you know, he broke down 20 minutes into our first game.

For the trial games it should be
1 Snake
2 Tafua
3 Skivvy
4 Piku
5 Gutho
6 Killer
7 Flipper
imo . Would be happy to see Tom T tried on left side with Taufua tried out as a backrower

Turbo Tom (or Gutho) simply has to be in the starting side. Both are too good to be wasting away in the lower grades. The easiest solution for next year is to move Killer to pivot and Hiku to the centres.

Moltzen is simply a swap for Littlejohn IMO. One NSW Cup level half for another.

That's my opinion anyway.

I have this tom wright kid will really take off, if he had the wallabies chasing him then he must have a lot more skill then we know about. That video wasn't a great indicator but having the wallabies chase you and waratahs is.
Lyon
Pearsell
Wright
Mateo
My 4 options or even gutho to 6.

We need a 5/8 that can fill a gap in 2016 and introduce Will Pearsell into the team as be has a lethal combination developing with Tommy Turbo . I hope he gets a chance at some stage.

Don't write off Will Pearsall to get a start at some stage especially if the u20s go deep into Sept.

Gutho to 5/8. Tom Turbo to wing. Matai, Hiku and Lyon to be our centres (depending on their form and their injuries. At any one time one will be unavailable).
Tom Turbo to move to fullback and centre whenever there is a backline injury.
He is a must to help revitalise our once premier backline, who are now slow and predictable.
Hopefully Gutho will develop, cement a permanent spot and become our No. 1 goal kicker.
I feel it's now time to offer Matai a chance to move on, to NZ or England. He has been wonderful for us but I can't see him being able to complete another full season in the NRL.
I'm looking for a change in playing style next season, and I think with Gutho and Tom Turbo we could have the most potent backline in the league.

I like the idea of going with the young guys (Gutho & Tom T), especially around the old heads. We saw what Tommy is capable of this year. As for goal kicker, both Gutho and Api are quite good.

The issue for the no 6 I see is a number of options with few stand outs - which means there could be a heap of chopping and changing next year without some younger players being allowed to settle into their role

The Reason Barrett has been missing and on leave is that he is in secret training and will be our captain coach next year filling the void at 5/8 @:smirk:

Last edited:
I can remember who said it, but I do remember thinking to myself at the time that of all people that guy would know, but in the match lead up commentary to last weekends raiders vs panthers game, the guy spoke about Api playing 5/8 and how being stuck behind Segyaro for hooker, he decided to sign with Manly as he had the opportunity to have a regular gig in first grade, replacing Foran......

If this is the case then Barrett has some serious wk to do with Api over the pre season cos IMO defensively he wasn't great and he didn't really offer anything in attack as a playmaker either!

Out of the two options who have played first grade I think Moltzen would be a better option to start 2016 at 5/8. If he can stay injury free and get some game consistency, I think he'll be a quality 5/8. He's a great support player and is a more natural 5/8 than Api!

In saying that though, also looking at both of them, if I was a back up half in NSW Cup I would be rubbing my hands together, eagerly awaiting pre season and the main season, and thinking to myself that if I can pump it out and put my best foot forward by having a strong pre season as well as playing consistently well in NSW Cup, that I would give myself a great opportunity to be rewarded with a run in first grade, through injury or or even just quality performances, and giving myself the golden opportunity to snatch the 5/8 spot! THAT would be my motivation and driving force for sure!!

I can remember who said it, but I do remember thinking to myself at the time that of all people that guy would know, but in the match lead up commentary to last weekends raiders vs panthers game, the guy spoke about Api playing 5/8 and how being stuck behind Segyaro for hooker, he decided to sign with Manly as he had the opportunity to have a regular gig in first grade, replacing Foran......

If this is the case then Barrett has some serious wk to do with Api over the pre season cos IMO defensively he wasn't great and he didn't really offer anything in attack as a playmaker either!

Out of the two options who have played first grade I think Moltzen would be a better option to start 2016 at 5/8. If he can stay injury free and get some game consistency, I think he'll be a quality 5/8. He's a great support player and is a more natural 5/8 than Api!

In saying that though, also looking at both of them, if I was a back up half in NSW Cup I would be rubbing my hands together, eagerly awaiting pre season and the main season, and thinking to myself that if I can pump it out and put my best foot forward by having a strong pre season as well as playing consistently well in NSW Cup, that I would give myself a great opportunity to be rewarded with a run in first grade, through injury or or even just quality performances, and giving myself the golden opportunity to snatch the 5/8 spot! THAT would be my motivation and driving force for sure!!

I doubt api will be 5/8 but I really hope Pearsell and Moltzen fight over a first grade spot in 2016 and beyond with these 2 probably being the reserve halves.

I doubt api will be 5/8 but I really hope Pearsell and Moltzen fight over a first grade spot in 2016 and beyond with these 2 probably being the reserve halves.

I was actually surprised to hear what the commentator said as I didn't think Api would be our first choice 5/8 but I though it was interesting to add what I heard to our discussion! :)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7