Tim Lafai requests release

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
CANTERBURY are poised to officially release centre Tim Lafai from the final two years of his NRL contract as the club prepares for the arrival of Will Hopoate.

Despite being under contract until the end of 2017, the Bulldogs and Lafai’s management have been deep in discussions all week, trying to broker a release as Des Hasler attempts to make way for Hopoate.

Foxsports.com.au understands the Bulldogs are working through the final details of the release with paperwork expected to be finalised by Friday afternoon.

There has been no shortage of interest in the 24-year-old who is currently weighing up his options.

Gold Coast, Newcastle, Cronulla, St George Illawarra, Parramatta and Melbourne all have a vacant place in their top-tier backline for the taking.

The Sharks have been keeping a close eye on quality centres, while Penrith is the latest club to have entered the race for Lafai’s prized signature.

We can reveal the Titans have already reached out to Lafai through coach Neil Henry who is eager to add more punch to his backline.

Whether Lafai and his partner, who are expecting a child in May, would want to leave Sydney is yet to be determined but the Panthers could offer Lafai a more than suitable home should he want to stay in New South Wales.

The Panthers are still on the lookout for a player to replace Jamal Idris after he was released from his deal earlier in the year.

Foxsports.com.au contacted Lafai’s management on Friday morning but they declined to comment.

Meanwhile there are rumblings around Belmore that Hopoate could join the club as soon as this week with Hasler eager to get Hopoate integrated into training.

While Hopoate remains locked in a legal battle with his former club Parramatta over an unregistered contract his management believe should be paid, the NSW Origin winger won’t be at the Eels next season.

Hopoate is believed to have agreed to a deal with the Bulldogs in principle with only minor details to be finalised.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...hopoates-arrival/story-e6frf3pu-1227633569783

I predict this is going to bite the dirty dogs as Lafai is a gun and has been a real thorn in our side everytime we play them. Shame we have no cap as I would love to see him in maroon and white and wearing blue and gold is a fate worse than death.

I hope he signs a one year deal wherever he goes would be a good replacement for Matai in 2017

That's what i'm thinking.

There's been a few centres come off contract this year but it's one year too early for us.

We need replacements for Lyon and Matai at the end of 2016 and 2017.

Walker is good as he can go to centre if we sign a 5/8 in the next year or 2 but if we let Hiku go (and already Gutherson) then we'll have to look for another centre when Matai retires (or is moved on).

Folau would look great in our colours in 2017!

Wishful thinking I know! :rofl:

That's what i'm thinking.

There's been a few centres come off contract this year but it's one year too early for us.

We need replacements for Lyon and Matai at the end of 2016 and 2017.

Walker is good as he can go to centre if we sign a 5/8 in the next year or 2 but if we let Hiku go (and already Gutherson) then we'll have to look for another centre when Matai retires (or is moved on).

Folau would look great in our colours in 2017!

Wishful thinking I know! :rofl:
Walker will move to centres in 2017, wright will become our long term 5/8

Wtf is Desmond seeing in Hoppa that I for the life of me can't find....should've never went off door knocking

You sound like you've seen a lot of Tom Wright. Big statement. Like a lot of your other comments.
We will see...........Some people have seen more than utube and a sevens game.

Big call for someone just based on a good Youtube video.
You don't have half the nrl and wallabies chasing you because of one youtube video. Kid is a gun has all the traits to be a superstar. I believe he will be challenging the first grade squad near the end of 2016 for that 5/8 spot

You don't have half the nrl and wallabies chasing you because of one youtube video. Kid is a gun has all the traits to be a superstar. I believe he will be challenging the first grade squad near the end of 2016 for that 5/8 spot
Agreed. He can be a superstar. Think 2017 will see him debut and cement his spot. I wonder if the Warriors fans were so critical of Shaun Johnson just because he had a phenomenal touch highlights video. Thankfully as you said many paid for their judgement in the NRL including the people making decisions at this club, most importantly Barrett rate him highly. Look forward to his development this year.

I will wait till I actually see him play some 'league' before I make any sort of call on him.
I certainly hope he makes it but I think only 1 year in league and then he will be ready to step up to the elite level is a really premature call.

So Tom Wright has proven to be a star playing Seven's rugby. That doesn't mean he will succeed at rugby league against 13 opposition players who can actually tackle.

Though being honest, I hope for Manly that he proves to be just as good in a real game.

Wtf is Desmond seeing in Hoppa that I for the life of me can't find....should've never went off door knocking

Remember 2010 / 2011 mate. Plenty of Tom Trbojevic in him. Des has a knack of turning players into solid to fantastic 1st graders (guys like Rose, Bryant, Hall, Robertson etc etc etc come to mind).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4