Tim Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mail around the old ever reliable (*) pioneer tavern out here in the wild west has George Rose joining Brent Kite at Panthers next year (the george whisper has been around a while), and Grant on his way to us. He is supposedly on stupid money next season that Gus doesn't want to pay (like the others he's cleared out), and he isn't happy there. They say our offer isn't huge $ wise but he struck up a friendship with our lads in origin camp and wants to prove himself in a quality squad and get back into rep footy where the $$ are.
Also on the whisper wagon tonight was that Smokin' Joe has a 1 year deal on offer with us for next year too, but he won't sign it until he's further through rehab and knows where he is at as he doesn't want to take up space if he won't be up to it.

(*) questionable at times since everyone is apparantly best mates with MG...

would be a pretty big signing if it happens, i'd be happy.

Grant would be a very good signing, and even if we don't get him I like the thinking of going after a younger, high quality forward. The last player in that category we signed was Kite, and we know how that worked out.

While we've done very well with bargain basement journeyman recruits this year, of our marquee-type forwards we'll probably only have Choc and Glenn still going next year. They will need some fresh quality around them in order to remain effective as they go into the tail end of their careers. Also it's important for the boom youngsters like Sao, Trobjevic and Chee Kam. They are more likely to blossom coming into a strong pack, rather than a struggling pack.

Rose and Kite for Grant sounds like a fantastic deal to me.

Grant is on a contract which includes a percentage of the salary cap increase each year and he was one of the players Gus wanted to get rid of.

This is fairdinkum....he wont be coming here because there is a write up this week in the local penrith paper the star...he loves penrith he is a st marys junior and aint going nowhere...

Jennings and Lewis both love Penrith.

Not that I think this will happen but just saying

Grant, King in his last year, Joe, Richie, Lawrence, Sao, Jake and Chee Kam, Gutherson and Tom T (Jake's brother) that is great future planning. There are also 2-3 excellent Totota cup players doing very well so there is some depth for sure.

http://www.nrl.com/panther-says-rumours-he-wants-out-false/tabid/10874/newsid/72331/default.aspx

He is the kind of player we will be looking for so papers will do the rest whether there is any truth or not

mr seagles said:
This is fairdinkum....he wont be coming here because there is a write up this week in the local penrith paper the star...he loves penrith he is a st marys junior and aint going nowhere...

Thanks Matty. Ps Jamie Lyon seen lunching with penn and tooves at jonah's, fact, pens and contract on the table.

mr seagles said:
a few years back,Trent dodgison did an interview with the Mnaly Daily,saying he loved it at Manly,and he loved the guys like brothers and wasnt going anywhere,a few weeks later,he signed with the dogs,it maybe true,but I have little time and faith in these media interviews

master blaster said:
mr seagles said:
a few years back,Trent dodgison did an interview with the Mnaly Daily,saying he loved it at Manly,and he loved the guys like brothers and wasnt going anywhere,a few weeks later,he signed with the dogs,it maybe true,but I have little time and faith in these media interviews

T-Rex did it last year too.

This rumour simply cant have any legs. Grant is being paid a lot more than Kite and is under contract next year so they would have to pay the difference between what we pay Grant and what he is on now. Given we got rid of Kitey for salary cap reasons it hardly seems we would chuck the cheque book at Grant so the differential would be huge.They are already topping up Jennings with the roosters for the next couple of years.

Grant is young and his form has improved markedly in the last few weeks.For a side in a rebuilding stage it would be lunacy to let him go.

mozgrame said:
master blaster said:
mr seagles said:

And lets not forget you william hopawate.

mozgrame said:
master blaster said:
mr seagles said:

And lets not forget young william hopawate.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6