Tim Grant and Sam Mckendry shopping for contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Tim Grant and Sam Mckendry have been supposedly told by the riff to shop around.

I think Grant would go really well under 2V and we are looking for an experienced prop.

I wouldn't pay overs for him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-panthers-tim-grant-sam-mckendry-on-sale-for-the-right-offer/story-fni3fh9n-1226854156045

We definitely must go after Grant. 196cm, 110kg and has played Origin. And being 26, still has at least 5-6 good years ahead of him!

Grant would be a great pick up but unfortunately out of our budget somehow I think. We have Choc, Gifty,King, Buhrer,Taufua, Symonds off contract at the end of this year plus Matai, Ballin, Lawrence, Foran and DCE end of next year so a prop with his price tag aren't coming our way.

And still no idea about Lyon's contract status either? Zero tackle has a ? beside his name

If we wanted a prop of that calibre, why didn't we just keep Kite.

Grant is not mobile enough, hence being dropped from SOO and McKendry broke his neck.

I know Ben Ross made a successful comeback but having suffered a spinal injury myself I'd hate to see anyone come back and suffer further spinal injury.

Townsville Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
So penrith sign our old prop Kite and now they have to let 2 youngsters go hmmm

Good thought BE.... Wonder what's happening there at Penrith.

Regardless what ppl think of Gould he has a good vision for the game....
kite though older is more agile than those 2 & he is going for a team where speed ,agility in that ruck area will win games as in Segeyaro & Peachey who will be key players.
For Manly, imo Grant would be perfect with our style of footy.

ManlyArmy said:
We definitely must go after Grant. 196cm, 110kg and has played Origin. And being 26, still has at least 5-6 good years ahead of him!
hang on,you better ask dogsler if he wants him first,or the rooters,they seem to have the unlimited cap

If the Riff are daft enough to let Tim Grant go, we should try hard to get him.

A young front rower who could really develop playing around class players is something we really need.

We could sign T-rex again and have the dogs pay most of his salary

The lurker

Dogs set to offload big boys
The Bulldogs are prepared to offload big boppers Tony Williams and Sam Kasiano next year to fit new signings Andrew Fifita and Michael Lichaa under the salary cap. The club spent plenty attracting the two stars - and have some culling to do as a result. Williams still has two years to go of a massive contract but has been a major disappointment and the Bulldogs are attempting to cut their losses. They have even told rival clubs they will pay a substantial percent of Williams' contract to move him on. Kasiano is off contract next year and while, on his day, he is one of the most damaging forwards in the game, his career has been plagued by injury. Hooker and captain Michael Ennis is also off contract and currently negotiating his future.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6