Tigers v Manly [Round 5 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was underdone last week but came in at very late notice because Hasson got sick. As he gets match fit he will press for a bench spot again no doubt.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
HappilyManly said:
People are voting with their feet already :cool:
Last night, the GC 9,482 crowd was an indictment on the state of the game.
Its basically a Reality TV Show with the crazy scheduling turning away the grassroots Supporters :s
Yes, it's all about the TV. Soon it will be free admission into the GA areas - Ch Nein still need some 'atmosphere' cause their CGI isn't good enough yet to replicate FANS. give them 2 or 3 years, and they'll be able to dispense with us altogether.
Today on the radio, AFL commentators were saying crowd numbers were down, the games are boring, AFL is going to the dogs, they need to change rules to keep it interesting, they went on to say NRL have changed rules, & on they went.

My point is, we're always saying NRL is a mess & things are better in other codes, it seems in a country with a small population, we all struggle.

I'm aware more people go to AFL, but more people follow AFL. It's all relative.

Important game. No excuse for a poor attitude. After copping a belting from the warriors the tigers will be out hunting. With a couple of runs now hopefully the Eags are just coming into some maroon hot form.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Stevo said:
1. Peta Hiku

2. Cheyse Blair

3. Jamie Lyon (c)

4. Steve Matai

5. David Williams

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Starling

9. Matt Ballin

10. Brenton Lawrence

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Justin Horo

13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14. James Hasson

15. Dunamis Lui

16. Jamie Buhrer

17. Jason King

18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

Guess that settles the Hasson, Lui, JSL arguement

I reckon this will change game day

Tigers named

What do you reckon? Would only be Gifty for JSL wouldn't it? Or are you tipping the return of the one they call Snake?

Problem is the heavy track. They are predicting another storm for Saturday, and the inner west has already been deluged.

The soft ground would really test Snake's hamstring :s

BOM Weather Sydney Area forecast @ 02Apr14:

---

Friday 4 April
Summary:
Min 20 Max 23
Rain at times.
Cloudy. Areas of rain. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending south to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the day.

Saturday 5 April
Summary:
Min 20 Max 24
Shower or two.
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and the chance of thunderstorms. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending west to northwesterly and becoming light during the afternoon.

Sunday 6 April
Summary:
Min 19 Max 25
Shower or two.
Cloudy. Isolated showers. The chance of thunderstorms later in the day. Winds west to southwesterly and light tending southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

---

Let's hope the rain holds off as much possible in that area this weekend - can handle cloud etc. but fingers crossed for stuff all rain!

Really looking forward to going to this game, 1st time @ Leichardt for me since very young with family.

Will check out a couple of pubs en route via pub. transp., will thoroughly enjoy flying the MWSE flag, wearing Maroon and White and cheering on the Manly Boys alongside plenty of other Manly supporters around/behind Bay17 area.

Yea, could be a danger game for us - Tigers @ leichardt have often been tough season after season.
However, if we're on our game and execute well, especially in defence, we should towel them up well.

Go Manly!

I was there !

Do you remember that try that Eadie initiated, finished off by Larry Corowa for Aus Vs England, Brisbane i think it was, 1st Test, round about 1979. ???

Like that one only even more hands. One end of the field to the other.
Literally broke the heart and back of the Poms. For the whole series.
Eadie, Price, Cronin, Rogers, ? If anyone can find that on youtube pls post

wedgetail eagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
HappilyManly said:
People are voting with their feet already :cool:
Last night, the GC 9,482 crowd was an indictment on the state of the game.
Its basically a Reality TV Show with the crazy scheduling turning away the grassroots Supporters :s
Yes, it's all about the TV. Soon it will be free admission into the GA areas - Ch Nein still need some 'atmosphere' cause their CGI isn't good enough yet to replicate FANS. give them 2 or 3 years, and they'll be able to dispense with us altogether.
Today on the radio, AFL commentators were saying crowd numbers were down, the games are boring, AFL is going to the dogs, they need to change rules to keep it interesting, they went on to say NRL have changed rules, & on they went.

My point is, we're always saying NRL is a mess & things are better in other codes, it seems in a country with a small population, we all struggle.

I'm aware more people go to AFL, but more people follow AFL. It's all relative.

Afl have only just started to charge kids to go to the mcg.

I almost forgot. There's a Manly football game on Sunday. This game should not be taken lightly but hope we smash the tiges.
My brain would better off if I stuck to the footy threads. The player rumour/movement ones do my head in.:s

Tweet from HoreHay

@yo_jorgetaufua 1h
That was a long 6 weeks. Hopefully no more. Grateful to still be able to do this. Have a good weekend ? #peace N #godbless

The Heritage Jersey

Not sure that jersey really works for this game as both tigers and magpies were perennial losers in the mid 90s and I can't think of any classic games or particular rivalry during that period.

Looks like nice weather for Sydney. Dry track what's the chances of Snake and Jorge back tomorrow. Any late mail??

Jorge hinted at next week on his twitter account.

Snake is anybody's guess :(

Its going to be a soft ground as the heavy Sydney rains were focused on the southside.

mickqld said:
Looks like nice weather for Sydney. Dry track what's the chances of Snake and Jorge back tomorrow. Any late mail??
Last week Tooves said Snake back maybe against the Tigers, but more likely the following week.

Go Manly.

Game Day for Tigers v Sea Eagles @ Leichardt, Sunday arvo footy – hoping for more sunshine, heading down there to cheer on the Maroon and Whites soon!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6