Tigers v Manly [Round 5 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Good news @manlyseaeagles fans: Brett Stewart running freely at training and practising drop kicks, hammy looks fine, could be named today.

Foran, Hasson, Symonds also running around but no G Stewart or Taufua at training this morning. #NRLWstMan #NRL

Correction: Taufua was out there doing field work, I missed him in that bucket hat. Matai sat that one out in rehab.

I hope we don't risk Snake this week unless he's cherry-ripe.

Hope Kingdog kills it in his 200th.

Guess they'll either rest Gifty, or he'll run out in green......

All this don't risk snake stuff doesn't make sense to me. He gets 600k per year, if he is fit according to the medical staff play him for gods sake and Im sure that's how we are approaching it.If you didn't play snake because you were worried about him getting injured then he would never play a game.

He had the best off season ever and did his hammy so time didn't help then.This is a professional sport-if you can play THEN PLAY.

As for gift if he doesn't play because of concussion would he be the first ever NRL player to ever have a week off for a headknock!The NRL concussion policy is a joke and Graham proved that totally last week.Every player who is determined by an independent doctor to be not capable of returning to the field should miss at least a week depending on the severity of the concussion.Easy.

As usual it will take a major brain injury before Mr Potato Head and Greenturd do anything remotely professional in this area.In a week of tragedy you would think player welfare would be front and centre but these clowns are hopeless.It is time we get rid of these long term doctors at clubs who sing the team song after the game determining concussion and the NRL to provide independent physicians at each game.Imagine the local club doctor telling Dogsler his best player cant play next week in a GF. The poor sod would be refused service at the leagues club bar,his car would be coined,his children kidknapped....the whole process is a joke.We have a billion dollar sport here-can't be that hard.The evidence from the US is now clear and we need to act.

Agreed. Is it possible for the fans to put forward a vote of no confidence in the current NRL administration? The commission, the dick-head of football, the refs?

People are voting with their feet already :cool:

Last night, the GC 9,482 crowd was an indictment on the state of the game.

Its basically a Reality TV Show with the crazy scheduling turning away the grassroots Supporters :s

1:59pm: Some injury news out of the Wests Tigers this afternoon. Sauaso Sue’s ankle has a syndesmosis tear and will six to eight weeks. James Tedesco and Cory Paterson would undergo the NRL concussion procedures this week, after suffering head knocks against New Zealand. Liam Fulton and Tim Simona, who both missed the clash against the Warriors with concussion but are expected to take the field this weekend, provided they pass the appropriate concussion protocols.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/talkin-teams-and-ultimate-league-20140401-35uvr.html#ixzz2xbJCpJBd

susan said:
All this don't risk snake stuff doesn't make sense to me. He gets 600k per year, if he is fit according to the medical staff play him for gods sake.

*Ummm, that was my point @susan..
Unless he's fully fit, don't risk it this week.
Being able to run, and being able to sprint, stop on a dime, turn etc etc are quite different propositions. BECAUSE he's on 600k a year is why I wouldn't risk him this week, unless he passed fitness tests with flying colours.
We're coping and WINNING without him; if one more week got him fully-fit so be it, was all I was saying.

As for gift if he doesn't play because of concussion would he be the first ever NRL player to ever have a week off for a headknock!The NRL concussion policy is a joke and Graham proved that totally last week.Every player who is determined by an independent doctor to be not capable of returning to the field should miss at least a week depending on the severity of the concussion.Easy.

*Same with Gifty......I said perhaps we'd rest him after cognitive testing etc. because of his concussion. So I was agreeing with you.

The wearing of green for Gift was facetious.

Exactly @Mitch.
I think there has been some responsibility shown in regard to not allowing guys back into a game if concussed, and even missing a week
as you have exampled.

Gift's concussion must've been significant for Snake to take him home, so I do hope our medical crew are cautious.
Things are changing but will take time, of course. And James Graham looked like he was
insisting he stay out there...it's a bit of a grey area.
Not surprised it was the Dogs tho that couldn't get it right.

#NRLwstman MATCH OFFICIALS – Referees: Ashley Klein and Adam Gee; Video Referees: Luke Phillips and Luke Patten #NRL

1. Peta Hiku

2. Cheyse Blair

3. Jamie Lyon (c)

4. Steve Matai

5. David Williams

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Starling

9. Matt Ballin

10. Brenton Lawrence

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Justin Horo

13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14. James Hasson

15. Dunamis Lui

16. Jamie Buhrer

17. Jason King

18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

Guess that settles the Hasson, Lui, JSL arguement

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/01/vb_nsw_cup_team_lists_round_five.html

Wests Tigers Vs Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Leichhardt Oval, Sunday, April 6
Kick-off: 10.50am
Referee: Chris Treneman
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of 2GLF FM 89.3 (Link available via 893fm.com.au)

TIGERS – 1. KURTIS ROWE 2. MARIKA KOROIBETE 3. SETEFANO TAUKAFA 4. ASIPELI FINE 5. TAQELE NAIYARAVORO 6. BLAKE AUSTIN 7. NATHAN WATERS 8. NATHAN BROWN 9. JOEL LUANI 10. MICHAEL BULLOCK 11. BEN MURDOCH-MASILA 12. JARROD FARLOW (C) 13. KYLE LOVETT 14. SAM HOLLIS 15. JACK BUCHANAN 16. INNO INOSESIO 17. ANDY FIAGUTUSA 20. JY HITCHCOX COACH: PAUL FLETCHER

SEA EAGLES – 1. CLINTON GUTHERSON 2. MATT IKUVALU 3. DOMENIC REARDON 4. TONY SATINI 5. MARK O’DARE 6. JACK LITTLEJOHN (C) 7. MANAIA RUDOLPH 8. JAKE TRBOJEVIC 9. JAYDEN HODGES 10. TYSON ANDREWS 11. LIGI SAO 12. TOM SYMONDS 13. DANIEL HARRISON 14. CRAIG MCMURRICH 15. MASADA IOSEFA 16. SANTANA PALMER 17. EPALAHAME LAUAKI COACH: LUKE WILLIAMSON

Strongest NSW Cup side I've seen from us in ages! 9 players with NRL experience and they've got their halves back. No excuses if they don't win this week.

Agreed. If we can't win with these players - and JSL may also play if not required in the top grade - then the coach must surely resign.

HappilyManly said:
People are voting with their feet already :cool:
Last night, the GC 9,482 crowd was an indictment on the state of the game.
Its basically a Reality TV Show with the crazy scheduling turning away the grassroots Supporters :s
Yes, it's all about the TV. Soon it will be free admission into the GA areas - Ch Nein still need some 'atmosphere' cause their CGI isn't good enough yet to replicate FANS. give them 2 or 3 years, and they'll be able to dispense with us altogether.

Stevo said:
1. Peta Hiku

2. Cheyse Blair

3. Jamie Lyon (c)

4. Steve Matai

5. David Williams

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Starling

9. Matt Ballin

10. Brenton Lawrence

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Justin Horo

13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14. James Hasson

15. Dunamis Lui

16. Jamie Buhrer

17. Jason King

18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

Guess that settles the Hasson, Lui, JSL arguement

I reckon this will change game day

Tigers named

Im confident with any team lineup Toovey decides on. This is a danger game as we are big favorites but i think we should win. If we limit Tedesco and Brooks it will go a long way to winning the game.

This will be a tough game i think. Tigers were horrible last week and will be looking to bounce back. Our team looks really good at the moment and we should get the win over the Tigers.

They have some good backs ( not as good as ours) but if we win the forward battle and cut down Anastas time he will have another shocker and we will win.

It is another of those tricky games like the Parra match.....we're expected to win and that obviously plays with the guys mind-set.

It won't be easy at all, esp at Leichhardt and after they were touched up in NZ, but I'll back us all the way and be happy with a win by any margin.
Our NSW Cup side does look strong, and I'm another one very interested to see how Epi L goes.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6