Tigers set to shut doors to general public for future Leichhardt fixtures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
Manly To Win! said:
Duff said:
The enemy is the enemy. If an opposition kid is made to cry, good. If an opposition fan is beat up by security, good. If an opposition fans plans to have a day at the footy are ruined, well good.

that is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. How would you feel if this happened to you and how is that kind of thinking going to help Manly and the NRL progress?

Did you read the rest of my post?

Going to an opposition ground is at least naughty, at most an act of hostility.

To say it again, i am a regular traveller. I went to probably more than 20 games last year given we went all the way.

The opposition fans are our enemies. Think about what you don't want to happen to you, that is what you want to happen to them.

The players do battle on one side of the fence, we have the other. Read a public forum if you want to get fired up. Other supporters hate you and me equally. If you want them to get away with it, that's your choice. I don't, so they can eat a bag of dicks. If you dare to support a different team to me, you get what i give you. If you wont join in, it's your choice.

If they hate us for being who we are, then brother, you better believe i hate them.

f**k the enemy. Let'em get what's coming.

I am all for tribalism, or for the us v them mentality. But the NRL is a professional sport, and it would die if every game became an exclusive one supporter type only event. There is no life in a supporter group that doesn't have an opposition. Games would become timid affairs with a tennis like personality if only one side was represented, and people would be turned off if they could only see their team at home.

You might like the idea of locking opposition fans out of Brookvale, I don't. Better to let them in and rub their faces in the humiliation that comes with driving an hour to see your team lose to the mighty sea eagles. As I say I have been to many, many away games, and I expect to be given **** if we go down, even if we don't. Its not for the weak at heart, and that's fine, but if you cut that experience out than core supporter groups don't thrive and the code will become 'gentrified' and dull.

If its a one off then the NRL might ignore the problem, but mark my words if it happens time and time again, they will have to step in and create a system that allows at least some away fans access. Its the only way to ensure that the contest (Between the fans) remains filled with life.

Its in no-ones interest for stadiums to be full of one sided crowds, we want them full, but if clubs can't fit in at least some opposition fans than they should be forced to expand their grounds or move somewhere bigger. Its as simple as that.

BTW The Tigers have allowed Sharks members to buy some of the remaining tickets, which is fair. What they have done by playing this game, s Syd v Syd affair in the smallest of the three venues available to them is highlight the problem to the NRL.

I predict that it will begin a push for the NRL to assume powers to force games away from suburban venues when they will be over capacity. When that happens to us, we only have the Tigers to thank.

Rusty said:
I predict that it will begin a push for the NRL to assume powers to force games away from suburban venues when they will be over capacity. When that happens to us, we only have the Tigers to thank.

Totally agree with your sentiments Rusty from your whole post.

However, in relation to your last paragraph, we have a long way to go before we get regular (or any) sell-outs at Brookie, which is sad state of affairs.

I think we came close on the 07/08 semi finals, also the Parra game 07 and Melb last year are the only other times in the last 5 - 10 years off the top of my head.

Cronulla supporters can purchase tickets however it will cost $60 a ticket.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I couldn'believe it when my boss told me his teenage son will now be watching the game on fox.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I couldn't give a **** really i wouldn't go again to that ground after an ordeal a few years ago.It was a 2.30pm game tigers v manly at leichhardt i think in 07 i remember driving around for half an hour & not finding parking so i eventually just left & went home.

To Rusty, it's getting to big to keep quoting.

I'm not looking at it from an NRL, good of the game perspective. I'm not looking at it happening every week. All I'm talking about is getting one up in the crowd war.
You say it's good to have them there to rub their noses in it and I agree but my whole point is to find what the enemy least want and make it happen. I like going to away games so i assume they do. If we can take that away from them, it would make me happy. Imagine if their team won and none of them could see it, the hollowness of their players scoring trys and not one person clapping or cheering them, just a stream of abuse going their way.

It wouldn't lose atmosphere at all, you never really hear or see the away fans much anyway, unless you purposely go near them.

Come on people. I go to every away game I can drive to and usually to the Brisbane game. I have no problem if a brookie game is moved to the sfs if we get a 30k crowd. All fans from both sides deserve the opportunity to watch their teams play at home or away. Fair go guys - not everyone can afford to take the family to games if the tickets are $60.
Move the game and everyone's a winner.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8