Tigers in danger of breaching the salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
WESTS Tigers have asked players to defer the payment of wages until next year so the club can avoid breaching the salary cap by up to $250,000 at the end of the season.

Chief executive Steve Noyce said last night "several" players had agreed to the deferments and the joint venture would not be in trouble with NRL auditors. He said no player would be out of pocket in the medium term.

"Like a lot of clubs, we have rearranged some contracts because of changing circumstances," Noyce said at ANZ Stadium, where he was a spectator at the Sydney Roosters-South Sydney season-opener. "The matter has been finalised. The players have put the club first. They are not paycuts, they are deferments. These things arise when you have incentives and bonuses built into contracts."

But Noyce said he would "prefer not to" say how many players were involved or how much Wests Tigers would have breached the cap by if the deals had not been done. Asked if he had used the mechanism before at Wests Tigers, Noyce said: "No, I haven't".

Rugby League Professionals Association chief executive Matt Rodwell said he had heard of no unrest among Wests Tigers players. "They are pretty good as a group with their communication and I've heard nothing yet," he said.

NRL spokesman John Brady said: "You can't be over the cap if you haven't spent the money. It is not unusual for clubs to restructure contracts if they think they might run into salary cap trouble down the track."

how could thery be in danger of going over the cap that don't have any good players that stay on the field longer than 2 games a season

Zep link said:
how could thery be in danger of going over the cap that don't have any good players that stay on the field longer than 2 games a season

geez what a prediction... this zep guy rocks!

Zep link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=177084.msg179400#msg179400 date=1205539786]

geez what a prediction... this zep guy rocks!
[/quote]

Zep...a poster by the name of Fro will be here any minute to let you know that your post was a question rather than a prediction. He will draw you attention to this symbol (?) which appears to be missing from your sentence.

Also, Fro is an old fella so he will most likely not challenge the "zep rocks" assertion.

Thank you Jatz, i have been a bit busy over the weekend with Cricket Grandfinal and drinking thereafter. i appreciate you bringing Zeps errors to his attention.

And 39 is not old :)

Fro link said:
Thank you Jatz, i have been a bit busy over the weekend with Cricket Grandfinal and drinking thereafter. i appreciate you bringing Zeps errors to his attention.

And 39 is not old :)

Yes it is mate. You are just about on top of the rise. The descent is only a year or 2 away.

it was rhetorical...

but i wish benji marshall was fully fit all the time so we don't have to here the channel nine crew describe bowen as the best entertainer in the NRL every 30 secs of a cowboys game and ever 3 mins in a non cowboys games

Sometimes it's way too easy. :)

"It" should have a capital I.

Rhetorical questions still should have question marks.

"But" should be a capital B.

Benji, Marshall and Bowen are all names and deserve capitals.

"We don't have to hear" is what I think you meant to say.

Lastly its "every 3 minutes" not "ever 3 minutes".

Hope that helps :)

Fro link said:

\"It\" should have a capital I.

Rhetorical questions still should have question marks.

\"But\" should be a capital B.

Benji, Marshall and Bowen are all names and deserve capitals.

\"We don't have to hear\" is what I think you meant to say.

Lastly its \"every 3 minutes\" not \"ever 3 minutes\".

Full stop should be placed before the Smiley Fro.

i cry at your lack of internet lingo. Of course the rules are that anything that gets pick up by m$ word is allowed to remain in a forum post. such as missing capitals and full stops

Fro link said:

Lastly its \"every 3 minutes\" not \"ever 3 minutes\".

LOL!  :p Your above sentence should read:

Lastly, it's "every 3 minutes" not "ever 3 minutes".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6