tigers after g rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pacman said:
How can people say he is past his best? He hasnt played a first grade game so how can he be judged.You blokes slug your guts out over a pre season,Play as well as any forward on the field in the indigenous rep game,i will repeat rep game against the best.Then as the season starts we have a few injuries in the forwards yet we have a few guys untested picked in front of George.He would be entitled to look a little disinterested in a game or two playing in front of 200 people in the reggies.Tooves obviously knows what he is doing but one thing i am sure of Rose is definately up to first grade and would be a handfull for any defence in the NRL his go forward is as good as any when fully fit as in indigenous game.i understand he may not be in top 17 at the moment but with Kitey going big joe maybe,and the inevitable injury toll you get with choc kingy and gift,Rose would be great for a few more years.My opinion big george is very good go forward prop and would be hard to watch him at another club. If he gets a chance with us soon im sure he will do well.
The fact is if George was past his best and not up to NRL standard he would not have been picked in the Indigenous team . It is a long season and George will get his chance . At the moment the team is going well and changes don't need to be made

The Indian said:
My worry with dropping interchanges back further is it makes the game too unpredictable with injuries - say in any given game you may lose an interchange to a concussion( doctor to assess ) , a blood rule (get stitches ) and 1 ankle or knee - thats 3 down and you are now at a huge disadvantage to still win the game given its almost mandatory to rotate each front rower at least once so you now have virtually no changes left if its 6 or 8.

12 to 10 interchanges has killed off the George Rose's of the NRL - 10 to 8 may just kill off your traditional front rower in favor of a pile of mobile back rowers. 6 interchanges and its a whole new sport.

Interchange will become as important as referees

Wasn't there some sort of massive uproar about player welfare this year in the AFL where they reduced interchange from 300 to 280 per game?

Stevo said:
People need to get over the word loyalty. There is no loyalty in business. We're here to put the best team on the field we can. We're not here to harbor under performing players. He's not going so well in the NSW cup side so he is 1 of 3 things.

1. Unfit
2. In really bad form
3. Not interested in proving himself. Maybe he feels reserve grade is below him? Bad attitude to have.

George Rose is absolutely 3 of 3 things;

1. A great ambassador for MWSE,
2. A key part of our roster for a few years now that has delivered great success and.....
3. Does not deserve "bad attitude" comments

Yes he is probably not part of our coaches future plans and while sad as it is to see him go (rumour only), I wish him the very best and say THANKS GEORGIE!!!!

If we get a couple of injuries I wonder if people will be so quick to say that George isn't required. I wouldn't be letting the big fella go, has still got alot to offer IMO. Thought he played well in All Stars game and was set for a big year. Was man if the match in corresponding game last year and showed what he can do when he's on.

Pacman said:
How can people say he is past his best? He hasnt played a first grade game so how can he be judged.You blokes slug your guts out over a pre season,Play as well as any forward on the field in the indigenous rep game,i will repeat rep game against the best.Then as the season starts we have a few injuries in the forwards yet we have a few guys untested picked in front of George.He would be entitled to look a little disinterested in a game or two playing in front of 200 people in the reggies.Tooves obviously knows what he is doing but one thing i am sure of Rose is definately up to first grade and would be a handfull for any defence in the NRL his go forward is as good as any when fully fit as in indigenous game.i understand he may not be in top 17 at the moment but with Kitey going big joe maybe,and the inevitable injury toll you get with choc kingy and gift,Rose would be great for a few more years.My opinion big george is very good go forward prop and would be hard to watch him at another club. If he gets a chance with us soon im sure he will do well.

I completely disagree with that sentence. If he's not interested in plying his best to force his way back into the team then that is poor.

anthonyb1965 said:
Stevo said:
People need to get over the word loyalty. There is no loyalty in business. We're here to put the best team on the field we can. We're not here to harbor under performing players. He's not going so well in the NSW cup side so he is 1 of 3 things.

1. Unfit
2. In really bad form
3. Not interested in proving himself. Maybe he feels reserve grade is below him? Bad attitude to have.

George Rose is absolutely 3 of 3 things;

1. A great ambassador for MWSE,
2. A key part of our roster for a few years now that has delivered great success and.....
3. Does not deserve "bad attitude" comments

Yes he is probably not part of our coaches future plans and while sad as it is to see him go (rumour only), I wish him the very best and say THANKS GEORGIE!!!!

Read it without your George lovefest glasses on. I said disinterest may be the problem and if it is, then that is a bad attitude to have. I did not say that is the problem or even that i though it was.

Apart from that i agree with 2 of your 3 points.

firechild said:
The Indian said:
My worry with dropping interchanges back further is it makes the game too unpredictable with injuries - say in any given game you may lose an interchange to a concussion( doctor to assess ) , a blood rule (get stitches ) and 1 ankle or knee - thats 3 down and you are now at a huge disadvantage to still win the game given its almost mandatory to rotate each front rower at least once so you now have virtually no changes left if its 6 or 8.

12 to 10 interchanges has killed off the George Rose's of the NRL - 10 to 8 may just kill off your traditional front rower in favor of a pile of mobile back rowers. 6 interchanges and its a whole new sport.

Interchange will become as important as referees

Wasn't there some sort of massive uproar about player welfare this year in the AFL where they reduced interchange from 300 to 280 per game?

Classic. And they have about 50 blokes out there at once, knocking on all the time.

Nothing lasts forever. He's run his race at Manly and now he can start fresh at a new club. Nothing wrong with that. Happens all the time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2