tigers after g rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love watching George play and respect him for everything he's done for the club. Like Kiwi, I'm sure he'd do the job if he was picked but he's not getting picked and probably won't be any time soon, so I can see how it makes sense for him to look elsewhere and for the club to let him go.
I've always thought his size didn't matter and figured he was pretty much a confidence player. When he's on the field, he's always capable of making an impact. I'll miss him and will hate watching him turn out for another side but completely understand it if it happens.

Chip and Chase said:
Clearing the decks for a go at the market ?? I'd say we've already been to market with the signings for this year and he is trying to balance the books. Same situation with Kitey I would guess.
Tooves is the right man for the job he is a qualified accountant isn't he?

MadMarcus said:
It will be sad to see him go but he clearly isn't in Toovey's plans.

Spot on the money MM.

Love big Georgie (as a personality he's second to none)...but clearly the above applies in 2013

Kiwi Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
'up to standard' means This Year, not past years. George is on the outer for some reason, and he should move on. I see he's not setting the NSW Cup side on fire either. Kiwi EAgle, defender of the fallen.

Just pointing out that this time last year, the same stuff was being said and he came back well, people on here also said he played well in the All Stars game and looked set for a big year just 6 weeks ago

Havent seen any of the NSW Cup really so can't judge that, Fairy said he went pretty well in our win last week though.

If he gets a crack I have no reason to believe he wouldn't come back well either, same as last year where the likes of Skinner got a run before him. For mine keeping your depth in the front row is important.

I think he should have started in Gower's place but when we're at full strength I think joe g, king and fa'oso have the bench covered.

Will be sad to see him go. He's been a big part of the club over the last 5 yrs

George should be playing firsts and he clearly wont be doing that at Manly this year or next. He needs to move on and hopefully play firsts at another club. Good luck to him and all the best for the future he's been a great servant to the Sea Eagles.

Interesting. You can't have too many front rowers, particularly ones with plenty of experience and ability who don't cost very much. Also noteworthy that two of the most favoured teams this year Souths and Dogs have some gigantic monsters in their forwards.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Interesting. You can't have too many front rowers, particularly ones with plenty of experience and ability who don't cost very much. Also noteworthy that two of the most favoured teams this year Souths and Dogs have some gigantic monsters in their forwards.

Also interesting to note that the dogs monster forwards have been caught out this year with quick mobile players catching them out when the opposition gets a quick play of the ball.

I like George as a personality, however, I don't think he could cut the mustard as mobile Prop compared to the likes of Lawrence, which is what the Coach is after.

Our Props need to be big, fast, agile, and plays in marathons.

...and we have been more than loyal to Georgie, especially when he was on the mend a few years ago.

MWSE said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Also interesting to note that the dogs monster forwards have been caught out this year with quick mobile players catching them out when the opposition gets a quick play of the ball.
The Dogs monster forwards haven't really featured so far... apart from one! Kasiano hasn't made it onto the park and Pritchard only came back last weekend I think, had some time off the bench. When we play teams like those the outcome will be fascinating to say the least.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
MWSE said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

The Dogs monster forwards haven't really featured so far... apart from one! Kasiano hasn't made it onto the park and Pritchard only came back last weekend I think, had some time off the bench. When we play teams like those the outcome will be fascinating to say the least.

Whilst their first string pack hasn't been on the park it has still featured monsters like Tapau, Klemmer and Browne. I believe Klemmer is bigger than Kasiano and Pritchard anyway.

MWSE said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
MWSE said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Whilst their first string pack hasn't been on the park it has still featured monsters like Tapau, Klemmer and Browne. I believe Klemmer is bigger than Kasiano and Pritchard anyway.
The bigger they are the harder they fall . Those monters have not scared any body as they are on the bottom of the NRL ladder and the Mighty Sea eagles will keep them down there :D

We'll miss you George, achieved a lot at the club and had some great impact when he was "on". The drop in interchange from 12 to 10 was a nail in the coffin & the faster play the balls havent helped either.

I reckon this is the first step to upgrading some of our one year/off contract contract boys who's price will increase if their form continues & we stay at top of table & we dont sign them soon. Smart move like most back room moves have been past few years.

The Indian said:
We'll miss you George, achieved a lot at the club and had some great impact when he was "on". The drop in interchange from 12 to 10 was a nail in the coffin & the faster play the balls havent helped either.

I reckon this is the first step to upgrading some of our one year/off contract contract boys who's price will increase if their form continues & we stay at top of table & we dont sign them soon. Smart move like most back room moves have been past few years.

Agreed. George just isn't suited to the modern game. I was his biggest fan a few years ago but he seemed a lot more enthusiastic then. Apart from a couple of all stars games he hasn't produced enough in my opinion. I much prefer the type of players we have signed in recent times.

Speaking of the interchange. I'd like to see it drop back to at least 8. I long for the days where quality halves can run riot with tiring defences.

My worry with dropping interchanges back further is it makes the game too unpredictable with injuries - say in any given game you may lose an interchange to a concussion( doctor to assess ) , a blood rule (get stitches ) and 1 ankle or knee - thats 3 down and you are now at a huge disadvantage to still win the game given its almost mandatory to rotate each front rower at least once so you now have virtually no changes left if its 6 or 8.

12 to 10 interchanges has killed off the George Rose's of the NRL - 10 to 8 may just kill off your traditional front rower in favor of a pile of mobile back rowers. 6 interchanges and its a whole new sport.

Interchange will become as important as referees

How can people say he is past his best? He hasnt played a first grade game so how can he be judged.You blokes slug your guts out over a pre season,Play as well as any forward on the field in the indigenous rep game,i will repeat rep game against the best.Then as the season starts we have a few injuries in the forwards yet we have a few guys untested picked in front of George.He would be entitled to look a little disinterested in a game or two playing in front of 200 people in the reggies.Tooves obviously knows what he is doing but one thing i am sure of Rose is definately up to first grade and would be a handfull for any defence in the NRL his go forward is as good as any when fully fit as in indigenous game.i understand he may not be in top 17 at the moment but with Kitey going big joe maybe,and the inevitable injury toll you get with choc kingy and gift,Rose would be great for a few more years.My opinion big george is very good go forward prop and would be hard to watch him at another club. If he gets a chance with us soon im sure he will do well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6