Thurston/Smith/Refs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

midsteyne

loyal forever
I don't think its me but does Thurston get away with as much as Smith from the refs,last night Thurston was all over our guys during tackles and seemed to me like he was getting some soft decisions from the men with the whistles,not bitchin about the outcome of the game in fact very proud of the boys for their effort.
:)better things to come this year

It is not just you at all @midsteyne, it is obvious that Thurston gets treated differently. I actually posted something about this in the game day thread.

".......P.S. Thurston has moved into my top 25 of players I really, really dislike. He is such a whinger, with double standards and most certainly gets special treatment by the officials. He can shove his conspiracies because clearly he gets the 50/50 calls 98% of the time. He has shown some very un sportsman like behaviour quite a few times this year and while he is not completely the same as that Purple Scum Captain Cheat Smith, he is heading that way. He held onto the ball when it was meant to go to Manly and walked away with it, he carried it on for a bit and I would have loved for the ref to penalise the ****, but of course not.

And just imagine if Killer spoke to the refs just like Thurston and Scam Smith did, **** it would be front page news and Sterlo would be frothing at the mouth for him to be suspended.

NRL - the place where double standards are obvious and numerous......."

There are a number of protected species currently playing in the NRL, and yes Thurston is one of them.

He's one of the future immortals ( if Nein have anything to do with it) so it's understandable really but totally unfair.

Everyone's scared of him.

He's a great, tenatious player, but most players run backwards when he has the ball.

I like it when Greg Bird and Beau Scott hit him hard in previous origins.

The esteem Thurston is held in the game is beyond a joke....great player, same as Smith, no question there. But beyond reproach? Yes he is and it's pathetic.

He has called the NRL corrupt for making sure they have Sydney teams in the gf, and for no other reason but qld have dominated origin so Sydney needs something? Does he get fined for this? Slapped on the wrists? He was basically endorsed by the NRL for this comment because they said the cows did get dudded.

Every game he blows up at the refs and linesmen, last night he held onto the ball for about 30 seconds at one pt refusing to let us have it while he had a tantrum.

But yup he has a funny laugh and hands the tees to the kids and gives away his headgear so he is a brilliant human being 100 percent of the time.

Completely agree with this. Thurston got away with blue murder last night. Time and time again in the second half he stayed down too long on the tackled player. He continually had a go at the refs for decisions that he was not happy with. And the worst of the lot was when he walked off with the ball (allowing the Cowboys to take a breather to set their line) and would not give it back. Poor sportsmanship and things that he should have been penalised for. If that was anyone else (bar Smith) then they would have been penalised.

Smith and Thurston's protected nature were made obvious when both made physical contact with refs this year and neither even received a charge whereas players in the same rounds from other teams were pinged and suspended for the same thing. They're the supposed good guys they can't be suspended or they'll be outta the Dally M race.

I mentioned this at work today. At one point we were attacking their line, JT was all over the play the ball and the ref could be heard saying "MOVE...MOVE...that's enough now Jonathon...time to get up Jonathon". I couldn't believe it! He was instructed to get off the player FOUR times...and no penalty???

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2