Thurston... best player in the World?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For mine Thurston is a class act.

Blew up for his teams cause. Good on him.

Annoyed a press conference at being beaten. Totally understandable.

simon64 said:
This crap doesn't belong here.

Thurston did nothing but try to get his side over the line. He blew up deluxe a couple of times but if those calls had gone against us, we would be doing the same.

From all reports, Thurston is a good bloke.

Bagging the guy is unwarranted.

Great post Simon! Not only unwarranted, it belittles the site and our fans. Gracious in victory denotes so much more class.

Last night I liked how he high fives all the little kids on the on to the field. From that point I saw an aggressive and rude individual who showed no respect for his opposition, the refs or his own team mates. He even bagged his team's performance in the post match on field interview.

mozgrame said:
simon64 said:

Thurston did nothing but try to get his side over the line. He blew up deluxe a couple of times but if those calls had gone against us, we would be doing the same.

Great post Simon! Not only unwarranted, it belittles the site and our fans. Gracious in victory denotes so much more class.
Was the good bloke Gracious in defeat ???

BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
simon64 said:

Is it that hard to understand why he wasn't??? Why does that upset you enough to come on here the next day and bag him? We won, they lost and Thurston is a good bloke who lets his passion rule.

I'll stick to my opinion, if you don't like it don't read it.

Toovey seems to be a good bloke aswell but was he allowed the level of criticism of rulings on the field as Thurston?

mozgrame said:
BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
simon64 said:

Is it that hard to understand why he wasn't??? Why does that upset you enough to come on here the next day and bag him? We won, they lost and Thurston is a good bloke who lets his passion rule.
If the good bloke was Gracious in defeat i would not bag him . GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

Others opinions don't bother me that much. You are all my Manly brothers and sisters :D. I just wanted to point out my own opinion, and don't respond to it if you don't agree, that I think he's a good bloke who loves to win and hates to lose. I admire the relationship he has with fans, no matter who they support. As Bob said, he's a class act.

mozgrame said:
Others opinions don't bother me that much. You are all my Manly brothers and sisters :D. I just wanted to point out my own opinion, and don't respond to it if you don't agree, that I think he's a good bloke who loves to win and hates to lose. I admire the relationship he has with fans, no matter who they support. As Bob said, he's a class act.
Off the ground we are like every normal family and we all disagree but at the ground on game day we are all Passionate Manly brothers and sisters . Well said !!!

So Thurston is a good bloke because he has a stupid laugh and picks his kicking tee up ?

A lot of people over the years would tell you differently about the bloke ...

BOZO said:
mozgrame said:
simon64 said:

He shook hands with our players and had a smile after the game. (Even if it is a big annoying one).

But he's got every right to be crushed like we were 7 days ago.

I stand by what I said and accept the opinions of everyone whether you agree or not.

Think Thurston's over hyped. He's like the rl version of Tim Tebow good player and all but aspects of his game are missing

Thurston & the cowboys coach can do whatever they want, who cares? They lost. You know the old saying: winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

He's such a good bloke (sarcasm,of course).What do you actually have to say onfield to be penalised/sin-binned?? His comments to the refs are disgusting.He was borderline on calling them cheats (and we know what gordie got in an SoO for that).He has young juniors watching these games,and picking up on what is said in the refs microphones.Do we really need our up and coming players having the same disrespect for the refs as this grub of an individual?? He needs to be pulled into line!!!

simon64 said:

This may be childish but he started it so nah nah to him. He made accusations against Manly prior to the match. After the match he did not concede at all that Manly were the better team on the night and mentioned nothing about his team getting some luck with the strip try early in the second half.
I understand this guy was frustrated. JT is a fantastic player, his passion in undeniable and good on him for the way he relates to the kiddies. But just imagine if anyone from Manly carried on like JT on the field last night and after the match. The articles would be negative not positive.
Go the nigglers!

Who amongst you would want to see Thurston conduct himself the way he did yesterday in a Manly jumper as representative of the Sea Eagles brand ?

globaleagle said:

and
smemotions18.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4