1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thurston and Moltzen Out for the Season

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    It might be too early to call but initial reports have Thurston injuring his shoulder and out of the season. Bye Bye Cowboys and it might make the Origin closer if this is the case. Aaron Payne also left the field with a serious injury.

Tim Moltzen, whilst not the star that Thurston is did an ACL and is also gone, if reports are accurate.

2. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Bugger I actually rate Moltzen. If this is the case the Tigers might as well kiss there final chances good bye

3. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Tigers will still make the finals, but can't win the comp without Moltzen at halfback.

He's not a superstar yet, but his play at halfback has been fantastic this year. They'll miss him a huge amount. They won't win a comp with Lui at halfback.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    :eek: Huge news.

Cowboys are buggered. Their gameplan of 'throw it to Thurston' wont work without the ratman himself.

Don't care about the Tigpies but I do feel for Moltzen. He's a good young talent & it's a shame to see him sitting on the sidelines. An excellent player to watch. Tigers aren't the team they should be with Lui at 7.

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Especially the way he did it, you could see it go and it looked horrible.

As for thurston he will be back just a sublux, means he will be prone to it though. Screws my fantasy footy up because now I need to trade him out or more likely keep him on tge reserves until he is back

6. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I've got both those pricks in my fantasy team :(

7. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    I think everyone has Thurston

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Was Thurston's injury caused by him rotating in defense.  He just can't tackle.

9. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't. your a mug if you do, takes up too much of your salary cap, when there are heaps of other players that will get you great points each week but who are underrated.

10. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    Good one DT, He's only been the highest scorer in the first 4 rounds by far. Or should we call you Harry Hindsight?
    Off to the markets this week............

11. clontaago

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    You're a mug if you dont. The blokes average prior to this week was in the 90's, more than any forward.

I took out my comp last year and would not have done so without Thurston.

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I had him as Captain this week :(

Only subbed him in last week when Prince got injured. Seems I'm the mock for halfbacks at the moment. Might bring Cronk in for Thurston this week to help us out ;)

13. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I don't have thurston either... I still get around 1100 points a week... usually enough to win

14. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    We're not saying you have to have him in your team to do well, just refuting the ridiculuous comment that you're a mug if you had him. He was worth the money but not any more although it might be worth waiting until later in the week given the bizarre injury window of "1 week" to "the season".

C&C - just don't go signing up Hodko then ok?

15. clontaago

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Nutz 1100 isnt enough to take out the final. (although it might be now Thurston is out). You needed 1250 plus last year.

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I do the FoxSports comp, group of us got together and come up with some rules, $30 entry fee and we have 5 rounds during the year where the highest score takes out $50, 1 of those is this weekend, and I had Lyon as captain so am right in the running

I am 30-40 points behind, he has Hindmarsh, I have Fensom, Grothe and Dugan, will be a close run thing !!

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  18. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Injury not as bad as first suspected. Mind you, many huge forwards will be running at that shoulder and my guess is that the Cowboys will needle him up and hope that he will last the season.

19. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It's not his shoulder - it's a muscle down his back.

20. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Agreed, he has no spine.  He just won't tackle.  He assists, but doesn't go in first.