Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I have said from the very start, IF you have the rock solid proof then go to the players, show them the proof and tell them they have two options,

1) Out yourseleves and cop a 6 month ban
2) Hide and we name you and ban you for two years.

OTHERWISE

If no rock solid proof exists, then lets stop this fiasco and move on, in otherwords " name them, shame them or **** off"

Mark from Brisbane said:
As I have said from the very start, IF you have the rock solid proof then go to the players, show them the proof and tell them they have two options,

1) Out yourseleves and cop a 6 month ban
2) Hide and we name you and ban you for two years.

OTHERWISE

If no rock solid proof exists, then lets stop this fiasco and move on, in otherwords " name them, shame them or f**k off"

It really is that simple isn't it?
bunch of clowns who have royally screwed it up. Now it is costing people jobs and livelyhoods they'll really wanna have some solid evidence in their briefcases.

Mark, and Supernintendo: when they have the conclusive evidence there will be no deal offered. It will be 2 years.

If they currently have evidence that gives them strong suspicions, but due to manpower they just haven't got around to checking the bank statements etc etc etc - then there is a point in offering a lower penalty for assistance.

If you know you are guilty then you can take a gamble and say, 'prove it'. But bear in mind you would probably be stood down anyway while you embark on a lengthy and costly court challenge.

The problem, of course, would be if they falsely accuse someone who is clean as the driven snow. I don't know of any such cases, but others might.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If you know you are guilty then you can take a gamble and say, 'prove it'. But bear in mind you would probably be stood down anyway while you embark on a lengthy and costly court challenge.

On what basis would you be stood down if they have no proof? You can't be stood down for being under suspicion.

I call BS on all of this..

If they have so called substantial evidence then why is it not used to rub out the so called "drug cheats" of the game, instead ASADA are offering a plea bargain?? If you had clear evidence of a player cheating why would you then offer them a lower sentence if you are certain they are guilty.

Someone might know but is it possible for the clubs caught up in this mess , if cleared of any wrong doing to sue ASADA for defamation of name(if that is the correct term).
There is talk the sharks are losing sponsors, who knows how it could affect our name and financial situation ??

And if they have caused a mess to our club and players for no reason then they should be punished for it!

I would be interested to know how you define proof

WADA have said that out of their 8 indicators only 1 is a positive drug test - which means there is far more in play than drug test results

MadMarcus said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

On what basis would you be stood down if they have no proof? You can't be stood down for being under suspicion.
They would get the proof and then ban you.

Based on the reports so far, I am assuming that they have a certain amount of evidence. If a suspect won't fall on their sword they will follow the evidence trail and if it checks out to their satisfaction they will impose a ban.

I guess we'll find out by watching what happens at the Sharks over the next few weeks.

To get reduced to 6 months you have to also spill the beans on everything you know, which creates momentum and might flush out a lot more than ASADA is already aware of. (Not meaning Manly, I mean across the board including clubs not yet implicated.) I'd love for Teó to be interviewed for instance .....

WAMF said:
Townsville Eagle said:
If nothing comes of this can the clubs sue ASADA or are they able to say and do whatever they like with no reprises.

Suing ASADA is like suing ourselves. Who's money would they use for any payout to individuals or clubs?

If Gillard gets another term the country will be broke anyway.

Can someone please answer me how a government organisation and ASADA that plays their hand out in the media before charging anyone.

It like a police going the media without any evidence and saying we know who did this crime but if you come forward now we will give you a lighter sentence. Other words we dont have a clue but if you come forward we can say if you point fingers heads will roll. NFI

Rambo1987 said:
It like a police going the media without any evidence and saying we know who did this crime but if you come forward now we will give you a lighter sentence. Other words we dont have a clue but if you come forward we can say if you point fingers heads will roll. NFI

Haha Matty Johns made a similar analogy this morning with regards to the raids on the Bikies yesterday.

It surprises me how many people still believe there is no evidence. I wish that was so, but my views on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy have been canvased here before... :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It surprises me how many people still believe there is no evidence. I wish that was so, but my views on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy have been canvased here before... :D

I'm sure there is some evidence to an extent, but why go public before you have your case built solidly? Build that up, select your targets from which you have the evidence, call them in with their club bosses, managers, lawyers, lay it out on the table and say this is what we have, you have 48 hours to come back to us with your call.

then do your media parading, self patting on the back. As every day goes by now their hole is being dug deeper and deeper and more damage is being done. If investigations were running for 12 months.. then whats another month of silence to build your case before coming out going to harm?

SeaEagleRock8 said:

I haven't read anyone here say there is NO evidence. I like many others believe they have scant evidence and that they are behaving in a very unprofessional way.

This is classic McCarthyism and it is an utter disgrace.:dodgy:

The major source for the majority of the "rock solid information" regarding this is coming from News Ltd. People are believing them now? What is the world coming to.

lsz said:
I would be interested to know how you define proof
WADA have said that out of their 8 indicators only 1 is a positive drug test - which means there is far more in play than drug test results
Exactly right. They dont have to have a positive test for someone to go down. If they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that PEDs were used then the player is done, 2 years.

All it would take is credit card transactions from buying GHRP2 & CJC 1295 from online suppliers (which is the standard way of getting them these days) and a text message from the player commenting to a friend who also takes PEDs about the effects of the PEDs he's taken. Thats all they would need. Players wouldnt give sending a text message a second thought, especially a few years ago when none of this was known about.

I dont like speculating about my own teams players but i have a strong STRONG feeling about 1 player. I would put money down on him being 1 player ASADA know of. Of course i hope its all not true

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8