1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Back from a dirty weekend away :) which of coarse I interrupted to watch our Eagles go around ! Hahahaha..in fact, I pulled the pin on something I shouldn't have at the time - but priorities and all ;)

[​IMG]

JSL: That guy has some spunk. He has aggression. He has great tackling technique. Is probably one of our current top two props, plus he's 23/24. Lock him in Eddie, and by Eddie I mean Perry

Starling: I've been a pretty harsh critic of his over the past few months, and to be honest, he wasn't great again last night, BUT, I saw in one set of six in defense, and one set in attack where he got pissed off, he lifted. I think if he can harness that aggression somehow, and maintain it, he'd actually be very handy.

DCE: I want it to not be so, but it is what it is. He's probably the most important piece in our team at the moment.

Hiku: Lifted - man did he lift....especially in defense. Excellent buy.

Overall, excellent game against a pretty well full strength Bulldogs outfit. There's still a bitter taste in my mouth about the leaving Manly comments, but the team played like a team tonight, and looked like they were having fun.

When we do that, we are at our best (I remember a time when B Stewart and Le'Strange did rock scissors paper in years past).

I still hope we can somehow attain a 3rd party agreement for G Stewart, so he can turn his back on his souths contract. If I win the lotto, I promise I'll do it guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  3. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,794 / 58
    * "course"

That's for you @Alan

Ryan, your positivity sometimes makes me think you are tipsy.

Kidding. I agree with your assessments and shall hold you to your lotto promise!

Well done on your dirty w/e away, but isn't it only Saturday in Aust? As it's a long weekend...you've got a couple of more days to go!

Get onto it!

4. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    I think with DCE, FOZ, Hiku, Buhrer & JSL to build a team around, we have a very bright future.
    [hr]
    BTW Ryan. That's a pretty short dirty weekend away mate. It is only Saturday you know... Pfft young blokes these days. No stamina.. :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Mate, I totally agree with your opinions of Hiku and JSL.
    Brett Stewart is still the most important piece in our team IMO.
    Which comments about leaving Manly do you refer? Actual quotes please, not stories in the Telegraph.
    Glenn can't do a backflip now. It's too late as Round 13 has started. Start of round 13 is the cut-off.
    Does Toovey get any credit for the team's performance last night?

• Like Like x 1
  6. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    JSL was organising the scrums late in the 2nd half which shows he has some kind of football brain to go with his frame. I could see him being a back rower/ bench prop rotation player for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  7. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Guy I was happiest with was Snake.

His games against the Knights and the Broncos were terrible.

Great game from him last night.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    A pin is something very small you know Ryan!! And maybe we don't need to know about everything you do!!

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    @Ryan, are you still limping?

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Yep, big time. I thought he had every player to a tee on the right wave length last night. Well played Toovey - happy to say it so as well.
    [hr]
    Hahahaha, yeah mate - we were at Bells Killcare, and at 650 bucks a night, I aint going back to back :) All good, I made the best of my time ;)

Danners - got a limp :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    How did you rate Bells Ryan? It's only 10 mins from my place. Manfredi's is a super restuarant. We go there on Tuesdays a fair bit for locals night

12. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    Hiku is guilty of the same defensive errors as Wolfie...

• Like Like x 3
  13. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    A thought. Had one of them some weeks back

14. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I saw your facebook post about having sore..... haha

Shouldnt you be putting your cash aside for a visit over here?

15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    I reckon mate :) I'd love that. First O/S trip...but you know how I am around blondies :(

16. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    You and going overseas, just man up, it's actually relatively inexpensive and of course you would stay here, kids all in one room, Leanne and I will take the living room/couch and you take our bed....just try not to soil it too badly

• Like Like x 1