thoughts....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glenn Stewart threw Sutton over the sidelines when he looked threatening late in the second half.  That'll do me.  He played well.  On the Farrah dropped ball.  Apart from Sandow getting in his face, he looks to be leaning into the catch rather than positioning himself under the ball.  He never looked comfortable in his approach.  Anyway it should have been a penalty to us.  I also noticed that one of our players got lifted above the horizontal early, no penalty, but when one of their boys got lifted 'penalty'.  I thought Cross was a waste of money when I heard he was bought, but he's going great.  He gave a penalty away near our line, but his try was a real boost and got us back to ten in front when we were looking a little frazzled. .  Anyway , we won and it was a great day.  The Rabbits are a bogey team for us and it was good to get the points.      

Manly still has a lot of work to do.

Their attack in the first 25 minutes or so was brilliant.  Quick, slick passing across the field and quick play the balls.  It's a pity they didn't score more tries at this time.  This passing deserted them in the second half as they visibly tired.

Even though I'm not an Orford fan, I think some of his options late in matches (especially when we were in front) were better than what we came up with yesterday.  We need someone to step up and lead us from the front and take charge of the team.  I don't see too much talking out there.  I know that Hodko and Foran are young but if they can't do it then one of the older guys should be called upon to take charge.  Orford was always barking orders.  Do we not have anyone who is a big talker in the team?

Many options with Hodko's and Foran's kicks weren't great.  Things like finding touch when we should have been putting the ball into space, the corner or in-goal for them to try and run back would have been much better.  They really need to work hard at this area of their game.  I don't know what Hodko was thinking when he kicked that ball way, way long and it went dead.  A few more grubbers to put the ball into the in-goal for repeat sets would be better (this is one thing Orford did well).

And sure there were a few 50/50 penalties against us but overall I thought Archer had a good game and often allowed play to continue around the ruck when play was not perfect.  I think Manly are their worst enemies and often give up silly penalties.  This was evident in the 2nd half when they were tired and allowed Souths to get back into the game.

And I definitely agree with you Bradza about Farrar.  He needs to be more positive and attack the ball when it's there for him to catch.  But in saying that, Farrars try was amazing.  It was a bit like Burts try for the eels on Friday.

Hopefully those kicks will come with experience Rodo

There was 1 really, really poor option yesterday in the 65th minute. Last tackle, on the goal line, the right option was rolling a grubber into the in goal to continue turning the screws, instead Foran tried a miracle chip over the top to Robbo that was a very low percentage play

Agree Kiwi.

I've always been a fan of the grubber in goal then claim another full set. There would be more (five supposed to one) chances of scoring plus it would wear the Op team out.

Bear in mind you have to tackle the player in goal

A few more grubbers to put the ball into the in-goal for repeat sets would be better (this is one thing Orford did well).

In Orfords rein, I thought this was 1 of the areas that we really needed more work on, repeat sets.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4