Thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

willstyles

Bencher
I figured I'd get in early and see how people are thinking so far.

15 minutes in, Manly's up 6-0. Nice try to Brett, easily the most organised our attack has been all year. Beaver with a try assist.

Killer's looked good on the left as well, except that pass to Robbo was a shocker - but at least he broke the line.

Attack still looks a little bit confused. Lots of effort which is exciting, but occasionally a bit rushed.

It's looking better than the first two games though, that's for sure.

much better structure in attack... but warriors have been poor.. they will improve second half.

Warriors were poor, no doubt but still it is great to see us scoring some points.

Huge win!

Onya lads. Should be a more enjoyable week at the very least and plenty of pressure taken off the attack for a couple of weeks you'd say.

We looked SOOOO much better with Menzies at 5/8th and Lyon at left centre. Continue with that for the rest of the year and have Matai come off the bench after a few games in the reserves to get match fit.

Just got back from the club and good games from alkl the eagles, made look better from the Warroirs poor performance, need to purt the rabbits to the skewer next week to prove its not just flash in the pan

Lyon stay in Centre
LeStrange, Ballin and willow share Hooker
With LeStrange playing mostly in 5/8th

The ball skill that LeStrange showed today makes me think that he can play as a 5/8 and then you can let himself and Menzies play there

Then Ballin and Willow look after Hooker

Thoughts on that?

Dan link said:
Lyon stay in Centre

The ball skill that LeStrange showed today makes me think that he can play as a 5/8 and then you can let himself and Menzies play there

Thoughts on that?

was quite impressed by LeStrange in the last 20 minutes
23 Offloads from the Eagles was a huge stat, if watmough can cut out the penalties he will play Origin

My thoughts were that the Warriors were absolutely woeful. I'd like to know what their completion rate was, I reckon it was about 30%.

Hard to get a line of form against an opposition who were so terrible. There was very little defensive pressure exerted by the Warriors which gave Orford plenty of time, which he needs. They did pick off his behind the back of decoy second man plays quite a few times, but they were telegraphed. Orfords kicking had much better weight in general tonight. Lyon looked great at centre, except I couldn't figure out why we hardly went to him in the second half.

We made our fair share of turnovers and stupid penalties as well, but luckily the Kiwis couldn't hang onto the ball long enough to do anything with it. Watmough especially must have given away 3 or 4 penalties. Cuthbo needs to be more selective with the offloads, but I guess a game like tonight when you are well ahead is the time to try a few speccys.

Good win but I'm not getting excited because it was all one way traffic and we had a mountain of ball. It'll do the confidence good but let's see how we back it up over the next few weeks.

FARRKKK did anyone just hear Des on FoxSports?
A few comments
"Just cause we won doesn't mean Lyon isn't a 5/8th"
and " It's a possibility" - when asked if Lyon would return to 5/8th.

Hopefully he is just bluffing

Dan link said:
Lyon stay in Centre

Thoughts on that?

LeStrange at 5/8 based on about 20 minutes of football against a side which by that stage was well beaten is a big call. It was good to see him on the bench to give us some more options but let's see what he comes up with in the next few weeks before we start pinning our 5/8 hopes on him.

I knew Jamie Lyon was a good center, but DAMN, is that weapon a good center !! Jee-zuuuuz !!

I loved how the commentators started saying that he bets Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier could play like Lyon !!

Everyone says New Zealand played poorly. If you ask me, Manly didn't allow them to play well with our defense.

It's a big PHIEEEEEEEEW !! from me here lads. It's my b'day this week too. I knew the boys would lift for it.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177205.msg180820#msg180820 date=1206957705]
Lyon stay in Centre

Thoughts on that?

LeStrange at 5/8 based on about 20 minutes of football against a side which by that stage was well beaten is a big call. It was good to see him on the bench to give us some more options but let's see what he comes up with in the next few weeks before we start pinning our 5/8 hopes on him.
[/quote]

After 1.1 years of seeing Lyon play 5/8 I am happy to say anyone there but him and to Me LeStrange showed more promise for the position than anyone thus far

If Hasler puts Lyon back at 5/8 he's a mug.  Heath went well tonight, crisp and direct passing and defensively went well.  Their try was a soft one and OK, they failed to hold any ball, but it was pressure from us and good to see our backline playing structured attacking football.  Pity Orford had to get in the way though. His distribution is still poor.  Witt was our best player by far. 

Gee, it's amazing how much better we play with a decent referee & Lyon playing centre. Let's just hope that Des keeps him there.

King 127 metres 9 hitups 1 offload
Kite 105 metres 11 hitups 1 offload
Watmough 136 metres 10 hitups 5 offloads
Perry 139 metres 8 hitups 1 offload
G Stewart 84 metres 8 hitups 2 offloads
Williamson 55 metres 3 hitups 0 offloads

Cuthbertson 110 metres 9 hitups 3 offloads
Bryant 76 metres 8 hitups  0 offloads

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4