Thoughts on our new players that played tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jax24

Reserve Grader
Just want to know what everyone thought about our new players and how they thought their performances were?

Lawrence = awesome
Horo, worked hard, reliable
JSL, hard to tell didnt get a lot of time
Gower, not the best hands, but again not much time
Fa'oso, energised us when he came on

Your assessment of the debutants

Just wanting to see how everyone felt the new guys went.

Thought Fa'oso and lawernece had a great game. Fa'oso played with alot of energy and really took on the line.

Horo also had a good start, i think he will get even better.

Gower was probably most disappointing, a couple of knock ons, but that could be nerves. Im sure he will grow. Its only rd 1, he deserves time to grow in the role.

Sene-lefao seemed solid. reasonably quiet game, limited game time, but what i saw was good.

Will be interesting to see if tooves rotates rose, Chee-kam and Symonds into the team. I know both chee-kam and symonds probably need a few games in juniors first, but one would assume they will be playing soon.

agree, though thought Horo would give a little more impact, but not wanting to be harsh on him this early...

Agree with above as well. Well done to Mark Horo as well, after being at the Eels his entire life he's finally made it into the top 8! ;)

RE: Your assessment of the debutants

horo did nothing i am sorry to say, went missing at times.
lawrence very good, richie love his agro have to sat buhrer had a very good game solid good workrate.

I thought Lawerence did well and really looked comfortable. Did his job and just hit the ball up and tackled well. Great mobile prop with a good motor on him and when Kingy gets back gives us good front row depth.

Horo played pretty well also. I really liked what I saw of him at Parra so I was stoked we picked him up. While he doesn't offer the physical dimensions T Rex did, he has a far better workrate and endurance and is an aggressive runner and tackler.

Richie Fa'aoso played good in his bench role. I love this guys attitude as he only knows one way, straight and hard. Same goes for his tackling. I was also happy when I heard we had signed Richie as I love his old school mentality. Real energy and impact guy off the bench which every team needs.

Now I haven't seen too much of David Gower but I wasn't overly impressed. He seems a decent defender but his running game seems a tad pedestrian. He was taking the ball up but it didn't seem to be with purpose. Also his 2 handling errors in quick succession didn't help. While it was only 1 game so I won't judge him solely on that, I think if he can't show anything more in our upcoming games than we need to look at other options.

Finally Jesse Sene-Lafao only got minimal minutes so I couldn't say much on him. From what I saw he seems to be a big strong young player with a bit of speed. Need to see more to make a better judgement of him.

The New Guys

Whats the 2013 scoreline for our new guys. Are we impessed enough ?

My view:

1) Lawrence: Oh yeah baby. He will do nicely. In whichever capacity, ie run on or bench, he has that ability & desire to work within an existing teams dynamics. He did enough in attack & defense tonight to ensure he keeps all our props on their toes. Ideal new guy & brilliant recruitment. Considering its his first game......outstanding ! Score, 8.75/10

2) Horo: Okey dokey. He made inroads in attack and sound in defence, but without being brilliant. Wasn’t always in position but that’s to be expected for a 2rower new to the team. I can tell though that he will knit into the team as nicely as a CWA oven mitt. Score, 7.0/10

3) Fa'aoso: As understated & blunt as a new sledgey in your tool kit. Obvious 1st grade experience meant he worked his way into our forwards game plan as seamlessly as a channel 9 commentary expert (cough). Done good, played strong, made Jack Gibson sit up in his coffin. Score 8.5/10

4) David Gower: Not enough minutes and not enough game involvement. A little slow in a dominant 2nd half. Cant be too hard on the bloke considering the benchy hand he was dealt but in my book wasn’t able to show the glimpse of the right goods in the short time available. Score 5.0/10

5) JSL: Did you see him? I didn’t see him? Are we sure we saw him? Ok, he was there but im sure it was while Choc was having a rub down & Matai was still congratulating himself from that choice to not go outside with the pass. Score stuffed if I know but will just go with the crowd on this one and get pissed for the win. Score xx/10

Good call on the merge lol

I like to wait for a few rounds before passing judgement,but easy to see the new guys fitting right in ,faoso is a wrecking ball,looking forward to chee kam.

The new guys will continue to improve the more game time they get. I reckon on the whole it was a good performance by the new blokes. We're going to be a force again this year. Up yours "experts".

and there is still the new blokes listed below

James Hassan
Kayne Lawton
Ligi Sao
Michael Chee Kam
Tom Symonds
Esi Tonga
Jacob Gagan
Jason Seage
Dane Chisholm

No, great efforts by Brenton, Richie and Horo. All three did so well and made excellent impacts. Great options for Tooves when the squad is at full strength.

David Gower just needs to get his foot closer to the ball. On turning pitches like Suncorp you need soft hands, and good technique. I'm sure he'll work this out in net sessions this coming week.

Lawrence was awesome, as was Ritchie. Horo ran some great decoy runs which lead to a couple of tries for us down the left side. I like what I see of these 3.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4