1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Jamie Lyon

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Being a massive fan (obviously) I watch Killer intently and at the start of this year have been getting that dreaded feeling...is it about to all end? I'd hate to see Jamie play on too long and be lapped by young centres. Against the Roosters I saw him coming back, and tonight I saw another improvement. I haven't really seen Jamie running that much in recent games and he just looked dangerous, he looked sharp and slick and hungry. Plus his goal kicking has been a real asset. I don't know the reasons, perhaps we are just playing better as a team and he is getting some decent ball.

Jamie personifies the old saying 'form is temporary class is permanent'

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Well he's playing alright obviously not at his best but he smashed the roosters just needs that quality ball DCE gives to him and his gk is great

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    It was a solid game but I still have my doubts about him going around again. We can't have all this speed around the halves and spine then plodding centres. I dunno. I'm sure Bozo will have a view that is what will be...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Haliaeetus

Haliaeetus Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    he started last year really poorly as well, but for mine was the driving force behind our mid season surge. he was really playing angry.

he admitted as much about this year's start in an interview recently, that he's be drifiting in and out of games a bit. tonight he was the difference at a couple of crucial points i think - cleaning up the ball in our own twenty, and savvy decisions to kick for goal to keep the score line ticking over. he's a class act for sure, and there's life in the old dog yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mbe

mbe Active Member

Northern Beaches
    Ratings:
    +218 / 10
    Two weeks ago when they were interviewing Jamie he had a very husky voice like he had the flu or some sort infection. Today he sounded normal. He may have been playing sick and today he had more energy because he had the 9 day turn around and he was over the flu.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Best part about this game, is I recorded it, so get to see Jamie all over again :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Would still walk into NSW Origin side.

Has one quite game when he was sick and got no ball.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Thought he did OK tonight, he and Skivvy really lifted on the better go forward , hate to say it but think @Technical Coach is right!!

9. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Why would you "hate" to say it, i thought i was blending in well and very close to becoming a face painting clap clap clap fan.

Ok back to taking the hits...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    They are playing no different to the past, haven't lost as much speed as made out and look fit.

They are only performing less than expected due to a lack of go forward and ball playing options not because of their age.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Killer03

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    What was your take on it @Technical Coach ?

12. Killer03

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Whoops you just answered it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 97
    Much better tonight. The old fella takes longer to warm into the season these days. Started slow last year and finished strong

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    The order of releasing our backs should be Brett at the end of this year, Jamie at the end of next year and then Matai(due to Matai the only one of the three that has a power element to his game)---obviously his chronic injury may not allow Matai to play on.

15. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    The team started slow last season

16. highlandeagle

highlandeagle Still hating Gallop

Ratings:
    +159 / 8
    Great effort tonight. Good urgent defense, read the play really well.pounced on the loose ball and led from the front. Hand the man a contract extension for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 57
    I think if DCE can come back and not do as much tackling or hitups and can concentrate on controlling our attack and picking better options to attack we have the makings of a finals competitive team. Our forwards are much better at quality meters than last year. Just not sure how Api and Walker fit into it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    I only watched bits of the game mid next week i will watch it in full.

19. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    At the start of the season i mentioned all that Manly should be focusing on early in the season with a new halves combination is play high tempo fast play the balls with simple show and goes---just to keep it simple and straight, then allow the fatigue factor to kick in before playing lateral in the red zone.(as the lateral moves are not going to be crisp, creative and elaborate right now to defeat set composed defensive lines)

This is why even though Api has nowhere near the skillset of DCE he looks sharp and dangerous at times, yes predictable---but sharp enough on his feet especially against a tired forward pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    For what its worth i watched tonights game with a bloke who, well was more then very confident that Killer has just recently signed a new one year extension with the club.

I agree he is slowing down.

But quality is quality, big games and teaching the kids. He still has plenty to offer yet.

• Agree Agree x 1