Thoughts on Chris Bailey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
I think he will be good when he gets to the level of combination that the rest of the team is at now.

My criticism of him is that i very rarely saw him outside of orford and tended to be on the other side of the park. This could be how des wants him to play, however with his ball running nature jury is still out.

I thought for his first big game he did ok....remember Lyobn took about 3-4 months for a good combination to form with Orford, long way to go in 2009!!

He has good hands, seems good in defence.

In attack I had flashbacks of Travis Burns (1st option, step off the right and straighten, 2nd option....wait, there's a second option?).

But yeah, it's his first proper hit-out in the position. He showed enough to suggest he'll be able to develop in the position.

He played ok.

Shane Rodney on the other hand had a blinder. Zorba suggested he would filll a Luke Williamson role in the team - BullS**t - the man has impact in attack AND defense.

I was soundly impressed. What a pick up ! One game I know. Anyone notice how involved he got !

Rodney was definately awesome when he came on. Made a break, and was solid in defence.

I just cannot believe what Des does to these players on the outer at other clubs ! Seriously, how the %$#@ does he do it?

Bailey did show a nice touch with a held up offload one of the times that he went himself. I think he looked alright - at least like he belongs in that company (ie: Premiers/WC champs!).
He also put on a couple of solid hits.

Rodney looks like great value - his involvement straight after getting on the field is a great sign and both he and Choc made their long breaks with classy footwork.

Orford should also get some wraps - he looked fitter than ever. Hopefully we'll see a few more line breaks from him this season.

Rodney was very good, at least he might a line break unlike Willo.

Bailey, did do much to have me thinking he is the next Cliff Lyons but didn't do much wrong either - can only get better.

I thought Bailey went OK.  Rodney surprised me, very strong and made some excellent tackles.  Actually all the forwards  took the ball up strongly and were solid in defense.  Glenn in the first half but not so dominant in the second.  Choco had a blinder. 

Ryan link said:
I just cannot believe what Des does to these players on the outer at other clubs ! Seriously, how the %$#@ does he do it?

As it is, even though Dessie was in the fray for the Australian coach very few, so called knowledgeable, people out there rate him as a coach, which oustounds me. Bellyache had a an awesome team underneath him yet he is rated 100% better than Des - complete joke.

i would also like to give a wrap to Perry and King.

Kylie made about 2 hit ups before going off and Peacock wasnt much better. They dominated the early tussle.

As is always the case the forwards set the platform and let the backs perform.

Kingie and Josh were great, Josh was VERY aggressive and itimidating.

The back three who started were sensational as well.

Big George did his bit, Rodney was outstanding although did give away a penalty (or maybe two)...as someone else has mentioned a bit like Watmough.

By the way my sone in law (who is a Panthers fan) is psewing that they let him go, he's a bit like Beaver can play a variety of roles and is a good goal kicker (jeez how many of them do we have now???)

Bailey can only get better, this was a good (not great but good) start to his career at the Sea Eagles...with Des in charge he'll be an Australian player by years end.

Big Georgie seemed to handle it.  Our forwards are an awesome unit.  They all go forward and really hit hard.  As I've said we seem to be a very well balanced and skillful team.  It was great to see it all put together in 09.  Bring on the season.  B2B.

Really nothing to complain about at.All the non starters from the GF and new buys all impressed, particular mention though of Cuthbo, I thought he looked particularly impressive with his offloads.He was involved in 2 tries and given his minimal playing his performance exceeded almost anything I saw from him in 2008.

I agree Pete he has stepped up a gear...certainly a bit less chubby as well so that can't be a bad thing (says me who could do to lose 20Kg!!!)

BUT I wish he had taken his head gear off before he put the cap on at the end it looked pretty stupid really!!

I thought Bailey was solid enough, his defence was good and it looks like he might be able to get a ball away here and there. Not afraid to take the line on, maybe a little too much if anything. Don't recall him showing any kicking wares. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being and see how he goes in that spot over the first few weeks.

Cuthbo looks fitter but needs to be more circumspect with his attempted miracle balls. I suppose that's the double edged sword with someone like him, but he pushes the pass too often in traffic.

Rose didn't do anything wrong, but wasn't a stand out for mine either.

Rodney looks like he might offer something, definitely likes to get involved, but that could just be eagerness to please in his first game. Might be the buy of the year, he certainly has some big boots to fill.

Pretty good performance from the fringe/new guys, but hard to take a form line on that game. Woeful refereeing and a substandard opposition didn't really test our guys, always thought we had the game in hand and looked pretty comfortable. Looking good with room for improvement....happy days.

I hope we smash the Bulldogs in Round 1

Rodny looked like a solid workhorse to me, nothing extra flash but nothing bad either just a hard working forward who hasnt found his slot in the team yet, once he becomes one of the boys he will be good.

Bailey looked like a lock playing in 5/8 for mine and sad to say reminded me a bot of Chad Randall with his darts at the line

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6