1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on 2011 squad

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Jan 4, 2011.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    From Fox Sports - not sure we will challenge for the spoon as suggested  ::) but none the less can we improve on 2011?

Manly

IN:

Daniel Harrison, 22, back row (Canterbury-Bankstown):
    Harrison captained the Bulldogs' Toyota Cup side in 2008 and was named in the Team of the Year. After missing most of 2009 with a knee injury he arrives at Manly looking for nothing less than an NRL opportunity.

Liam Foran, 22, five-eighth (Newtown Jets - NSW Cup):
    Foran, a left-footed playmaker, played three NRL games for Melbourne Storm in 2008. The older brother of Kieran Foran will challenge Dale Cherry Evans for a berth in the Manly halves.

Tim Robinson, 22, back row (Parramatta):
    The former Australia Schoolboys backrower couldn't crack the top 17 at Parramatta. He is, nevertheless, a value purchase for a Sea Eagles team who don't have much room to move under the cap.

OUT: Chris Bailey (Harlequins - Super League), Josh Perry (St Helens - Super League), Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury-Bankstown), Ben Farrar (Catalans Dragons - Super League).

Have your say on Manly's recruits for 2011.

Latest user comments:

GC says: Pathetic purchasing for 2011 and Manly will go very close to their first wooden spoon. I reckon the Eagles will struggle big time - surely they could have purchased 2 decent forwards and a decent outside back. An experience half back will also be sorely missed with our NEW and INEXPERIENCED #7 Daly Cherry Evans could struggle however he is a lot faster than our last halfback who defected to the Bulldogs and his kicking game is also a lot better, it is a worry why we never purchase a quality #7 and have him working with Cherry Evans  for 1 to 2 years is a very strange decision. Our biggest loss could come in the form of Brett Stewart if his knee doesn't stand up to the test and to let Ben Farrar go who was one of our best last season was a big ERROR and David Williams shoulder is also a huge worry for Dessie. To some it up and I hate to say but a very long season for the boy's if any major injuries during the season and they will struggle big-time. I do think you will see a Glenn Stewart at his BEST now he has his Brother back in the team. Looks like it's time to go back to another 5 year plan Dessie - It's a Long Long season at Brookie boy's in 2011

Stephen Long says: Looking thin. Injuries will stall their season.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/rate-the-2011-nrl-player-transfers/story-fn2mcuj6-1225975165315 

Only some Neville adding a comment

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol @ gc ..  we had an in experienced half back last yr ..  the traitor should have been dropped  ,
    & we should have been giving DCE game time so this season he wouldnt be so green ..

5. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    GC is a nobody that dosent have a clue , thats who he is.

6. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Top 8 should be a formality...I'm not too fussed with our halves, both Cherry Evans and L Foran have a chance to prove they are NRL quality. Biggest concern is lack of a quality prop to partner King. Kite has had 2 very quiet seasons, Georgey has looked a little unfit and Cross is only a bench player.

7. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hee hee, a "little" unfit. Like Slater is a "little" bit of a wanker.

8. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    A huge question mark will be how George will go in the All Stars - when he played last year he killed it and carried that form into the Tigers game in round 1  

9. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    We mightn't have the best team on paper but I'm feeling a positive vibe for the Eagles in 2011. If Stewart's return is successful and Watmough fires up again anything is possible. Hopefully while under the radar the Eagles will exceed expectations once again.

10. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    gay ****

11. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    geez that person isn't all that positive!!
    i've never been more excited about a season as i am this year. give brett a few rounds and he'll get back into it, big time.

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Cliffy GC perhaps?  ;D

13. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    I'm with you.I reckon we'll have a lot better year than 2010 when everything seemed to go against us. GC seems like a real glass half empty kind of bloke!

14. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    some talented individuals for sure, brett, jamie, keiran, DCE, Wolfie and Choc. Don't forget Oldfield and Hoppa. The pack raises major concerns. Only Kingy and Rodney stood up last year. Rose was unfit all season as 1st rotating prop, Cross was summed up as "seems to be running in quicksand" hopefully he can play better. Kite didn't have the grunt we use to see. Maybe Palau (re-signed for 2 more years) and Cunningham (young and Des doesn't like that) will come into rotation. Tim Robinson could never crack 1sts at Parra, nor Harrison, unsure about them but hoping 1 of them could kick on. Choc was injured and running across field alot, same with Glenn, if these 2 get back into form then top 4 is a big chance.

Shame we lost Tasi as he was next to step up. 2012 will be a big year as we will need to buy 2 props as Kitey will probably go and Rose/Cross will probably be replaced. C'mon Crusher, let's get the top kids of OTHER TEAMS!! Not let others take our cream of the crop. 

15. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    I always wondered what the GC stood for.

Now we now.  Cliffy gay ****  ;D

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    "to some it up"

To some it down?

17. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    no wamf

18. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I always wondered what the GC stood for.

Now we now.  Cliffy gay c$%*  ;D
    [/quote]
    Knob jockey

19. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He likes the young ones if they are good enough. Remember Hopoate, Whare, Oldfield and Foran have all made their debuts from the 20's. Or do you want younger?  Unfortunely they are all backs as forwards take longer to develop.

20. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Under the radar.