This wouldn't have happened under Bozo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I read one more frickin 'this wouldn't have happened under Des post I will seriously vomit on my computer'.

Manly looked tired tonight - anyone done shift work before? That's the equivalent to our first seven rounds compared to the nine to fivers - Brisbane et al. - and we got nothing from the refs even when the Titans were a mile offside - or threw the ball forward a mile offside.

Des Hasler left Manly Warringah for more money.

Some people on this forum need to realise this - the club didn't say 'Hey Des we think Tooves is better than you why don't you see if you can find another club to coach?' - Des found himself a cash cow..and left Manly.

Show some support to a team that will be there come finals time - last week(oh hang on it wasn't last week it was earlier this week)'s performance was exceptional, how many other teams have four current internationals to take out let alone see how they front up without them.

Stop hitting the panic buttons and look at the form of all the other sides except those protected by News Ltd.

And support our coach - he is a legend of the club and we will turn this around.

How many of our players will be playing SOO compared to previous premiers?

How good have our fill in players looked in short spells?

We will be there late into September and hopefully leave Bellamy crying in the dressing sheds on the first weekend in October.

Totally agree with you Top End but a long term view on this forum is as common and popular as a pork chop at a Jewish funeral.

Well it all better start in 2 weeks time against the Dogs. We cannot afford to drop more games before origin or it will we will be too far behind. The top 2 spot is now out of reach. Amazingly we are still only 1 win off 4th spot but our F/A is seriously not up to premiership standard. Defensively we look weak and timid. I expected the Titans to score anytime they were near our line we looked so fragile, there will need to be some dramatic improvement to turn this around.

Matabele said:
Totally agree with you Top End but a long term view on this forum is as common and popular as a pork chop at a Jewish funeral.

You can't say that Ser8 is gonna call you racist matas

Cambo said:
Matabele said:

No, it's not racist to talk about Cambo at a Jewish funeral.

Agree with the the whole thing TEE except for the bit about fill in players.The backline newbies like Tafua and Whare have been good.Liam Foran is a reserve grader and has proved that over 6 years at 3 clubs. The real problem I see is basically zero forward talent available in our backup players.

Mauro,Robinson,Skinner,Harrison,Rose,Lussick etc generally try hard but are not near the standard required of a top 4 side and never will be IMO.That is where the danger lies for us with every forward except REX and Buhrer the best part of 30 or over.

That is why these contract negotiations must be thought through.Paying overs for players at the backend of their careers inherently means the flipside is having a pack consisting of player like those above.Getting the right balance is not easy but we seem to do it a lot better than others over the years.And dont think that those negotiating now dont notice who they may play with over the next few years,particularly after watching the game last night .The contracts need to be decided quickly and with foresight.

susan said:
Agree with the the whole thing TEE except for the bit about fill in players.The backline newbies like Tafua and Whare have been good.Liam Foran is a reserve grader and has proved that over 6 years at 3 clubs. The real problem I see is basically zero forward talent available in our backup players.

Yeah but let's not forget we will have either Whare or Tafua back in Nsw Cup, Ben Farrer gone for the season - who would have been first to come in after Oldfield's couple of shockers (and who knows maybe he has worked really hard defensively and on his involvement - there were promising signs last year - and is up for another dig).

As far as the forwards go - Gift was our best player all year last year, T Rex gives us huge go ahead and when we still have Skinner Robinson and Harrison back in State Cup our depth looks okay.

Would love to have a Lama Tasi style fast front rower though- all our blokes lack that explosive leg drive that I thought Lussick was going to provide for us this year (Hang on there might be a guy like that in reserve grade...sort of portly fella).

Take away the older blokes out there and we had - Mauro, Lussick, Buhrer, Skinner, Whare, Tafua, Harrison who have 3-30 games experience. When we are fielding only one or two of these players you will see that cohesion in defence that is missing.

Plus Scott Prince was absolutely outstanding last night. Bailey turned back the clock and on that form would be a walk up for origin over the Galloway's and Mannah's getting mentioned at the moment.

Agree with that TEE,this year will be fine with all our players on deck.I was talking of next year and beyond.with our senior forwards iether gone or a year older,Harrison and co are not the answer.We need to iether unearth some new talent or lose some older senior players to allow some recruitment.Resigning the 2 stewarts,foran and Rex on huge money,then simply having our current second stringers replacing king,kite,joe,choc etc would not work IMO.

Do you realise our current second stringers will improve? Most of them can be expected to improve, and some may improve dramatically over time.

As for the performance yesterday, the absence of K Foran, in hindsight, was telling. Many times he is the guy who lifts the others intensity when it is down. His drive and will to win are reason enough to do what it takes to keep him.

Just because blokes get some games doesnt mean they improve to NRL standard.These blokes have played in a NSW CUP side who ran last.May be harsh but I see nothing in any of these guys potentially.Skinner,Harrison and Robinson are just not up to the level required and Mauro is not a starter.

The think people forget here is we are not trying to find adequate bench players!With the majority of our pack getting near the end we need starters from next year,not try hard fill ins.If our pack in 2 years is Robinson, Ballin,Mauro,Rex,Gift and Harrison with lussick and Skinner on the bench then God help us.

If signing all our older superstars to huge contracts means that forward pack then we are heading in the wrong direction and I have a feeling the club knows that and is offering less than one might expect,hence the slow negotiations.We need to put a deadline on them and start planning.

Our lack of enthusiasm and poor attitude in defense shows more than just a loss of form and a few injuries. Rose is a very popular player amonst the team and the continued refusal to pick him considering the injuries and form of other players gives me the impression that all is not happy in the camp. Add in the continual contract speculation and people leaking information to the press and once again internal troubles are manifesting themselves on the field. This **** needs to be sorted and now. Why has Rose been dumped with no explanation. Why has all contract talk ceased all of a sudden. Why do we have players who seemingly have minor injuries being out for several weeks with no idea when they will return. What the **** is going on Tooves.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo said:
Matabele said:

No, it's not racist to talk about Cambo at a Jewish funeral.

Lol that's pretty clever I pay that

Susan I think the young forwards you mentioned do have potential and should be persevered with. I well remember Gift running around in reserve grade and look at him now. Mauro et al. are not the problem. It's Kite, Princess and the over-rated Lussick who are just not making metres. Old Joe looked stuffed last night, and that was off the bench. I think it was Hasler who signed Kite and Princess to large back ended contracts.

Agree the older blokes are just about done DS and that makes these guys all the more important.Apart from seeing them play what worries me about these backup guys is they were basically THE pack who got smashed each week in reggies last year to get the spoon,and Lussick was the star!I just dont believe that if they collectively had all this potential we would run last in a 3rd rate comp

And although not old they have played a fair bit of footy without standing out.Sorry I dont share you enthusiasm and if you compare them to some of the great young forwards around at the moment it is chalk and cheese.Remember they will not have all our stars around them in two years.

mickqld said:
Our lack of enthusiasm and poor attitude in defense shows more than just a loss of form and a few injuries. Rose is a very popular player amonst the team and the continued refusal to pick him considering the injuries and form of other players gives me the impression that all is not happy in the camp. Add in the continual contract speculation and people leaking information to the press and once again internal troubles are manifesting themselves on the field. This s**t needs to be sorted and now. Why has Rose been dumped with no explanation. Why has all contract talk ceased all of a sudden. Why do we have players who seemingly have minor injuries being out for several weeks with no idea when they will return. What the f**k is going on Tooves.

Why would tooves make it public his plan or thoughts. I can tell you Rose is to fat. he has been told to lose 10 kls and the bad attitude or go. I have watched him in nsw cup and he only just does his job. Nothing more . He has to stop reading his own press and get on with what he is there for.

It is player managers like mimas who is looking after Foran and Snake that are holding things up. Remember he is Des the Dogs manager and is off side with the club and officials at the moment. He has half the squad under his company thanks to des. That is the problem. I think that the leaks come from player managers to get better deals for there players. They then blame others.

mickqld said:
Our lack of enthusiasm and poor attitude in defense shows more than just a loss of form and a few injuries. Rose is a very popular player amonst the team and the continued refusal to pick him considering the injuries and form of other players gives me the impression that all is not happy in the camp. Add in the continual contract speculation and people leaking information to the press and once again internal troubles are manifesting themselves on the field. This s**t needs to be sorted and now. Why has Rose been dumped with no explanation. Why has all contract talk ceased all of a sudden. Why do we have players who seemingly have minor injuries being out for several weeks with no idea when they will return. What the f**k is going on Tooves.

Why does Tooves have to tell you, me or any other fan why Rose is not being picked? He might be considered overweight, he might be out of form, he could have a poor attitude and skipped some training sessions, who knows. At the end of the day what I have seen and heard Rose is hardly tearing the NSW cup apart demanding selection.

Agree with Susan. I would be happy with a few of the toilers mentioned as back up in the future if we had some more promising youngsters such as Tasi etc coming through who would take the places of King, Kite, oe etc when they move on.

Some of these back ups need to get 30 games under their belts before they are pronounced hopeless. The same was said of King, Watmough and G Stewart at a similar stage in their careers. King's metres per games seems to tally with his games played.

lovefooty said:
mickqld said:

Why would tooves make it public his plan or thoughts. I can tell you Rose is to fat. he has been told to lose 10 kls and the bad attitude or go. I have watched him in nsw cup and he only just does his job. Nothing more . He has to stop reading his own press and get on with what he is there for.

It is player managers like mimas who is looking after Foran and Snake that are holding things up. Remember he is Des the Dogs manager and is off side with the club and officials at the moment. He has half the squad under his company thanks to des. That is the problem. I think that the leaks come from player managers to get better deals for there players. They then blame others.

Oh. I thought the leaks came from Zorba.

Matabele said:
Some of these back ups need to get 30 games under their belts before they are pronounced hopeless. The same was said of King, Watmough and G Stewart at a similar stage in their careers. King's metres per games seems to tally with his games played.

lovefooty said:
mickqld said:

Oh. I thought the leaks came from Zorba.

Zorba is seen once a week having coffee with mimas in manly.
Zorba cant get info from the club so he gets it from the players he talks to and there managers, mainly mimas as is has half the squad.
He then uses his contacts to get the info out or puts it out him self in the daily.
He then blames the club for leaking. Mimas uses him,he uses mimas,the same way des used him to spin his story and blame others.

You will say mata to prove it but I say this is happening disprove it

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7