This will make you sick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Can anyone beleive the crap that they are still carrying on with......This **** is ridiculous.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-chief-executive-david-gallop-places-australian-rugby-league-in-unprecedented-era-of-prosperity/story-fn2mcuj6-1226126174463

If the game has never been so prosperous then why are a lot of clubs including Manly and the sharks contunually struggling financially? Why are the top NRL players paid less than top cricketers, union and AFL players?

Why has the NRL not ensured that we have received funds to upgrade our ground?

I beg to differ that the grass roots game is being looked after as country clubs don't seem to share that view.

The 2 biggest salary cap rorts would remain uncovered if it wasn't for whistle blowers in each team. The NRl salary cap auditor would never have found them.

The current referring standard is abysmal and it is unbelievable that we don't have full time refs.

Gallop has not been reponsible for any improvements and the game has prospered due to the fans, clubs and players.

Gallop should be the CEO of the funeral parlour industry.
He looks dead, sounds dead and is definitely brain dead.

A dynamic game like RL needs a dynamic front man.

Rubbish article. Arko was 1000 times the administrator he was. Imagine if Arko was in his prime now running the game, the better of clubs would be, the fans, etc.

It was worth going to the link and voting "Bad Job" on the pole.

Cant believe most votes going to good job....

hes a knucklehead

i cannot believe he would be such a dumb prick to say something like that this week.

He wants everyone to move yet the fukwit finds a reason to bring it up.

Lets keep it in perspective people. It's a News Ltd entity (Fox Sports) trying to spin up some much needed PR for one of their own, in order that this goose is elected CEO of the new IC. You can rest assured it will be a concerted campaign on numerous media fronts, how else can News expect to maintain a stranglehold on the game. Gallop is a muppet and a News puppet, and Fox Sports knows it is nothing without RL broadcast contracts. The nepotism will continue if their campaign is successful. True independence can not be achieved whilst this clown is involved in the game.

As C&C suggests no news here.

News Ltd promoting a News Ltd puppet to rule Rugby League for the benefit of News Ltd.

Anyone who thinks Gallop is doing a good job should look at the AFL, I hate their game but I absolutely admire the way the people in charge run things.

The AFL is light years ahead of the NRL in the running of the respective sports / businesses, and that's a sad thing as NRL is the better on field product.

Tookey you forgot to include that he's overseen the building of an administrative headquarters in the Eastern suburbs. That should do the trick and improve our image in the Western suburbs where the game is under siege. The guys a hack company lawyer, never big time, and it shows. Love him describing the game as a product. Total muppet.

Brookie4eva said:
Anyone who thinks Gallop is doing a good job should look at the AFL, I hate their game but I absolutely admire the way the people in charge run things.

The AFL is light years ahead of the NRL in the running of the respective sports / businesses, and that's a sad thing as NRL is the better on field product.

Don't give the AFL too many wraps. They tackle the big issues by sticking their heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist. As far as egos go, Demetriou's head has its own post code. In terms of how they run the game, they are just lucky they didn't have to deal with an internal war that almost ripped the code apart. If Superleague didn't happen can you imagine how the code would be travelling now? It would be dwarfing everything.

The funniest thing abut that article is the poll saying 40% think the suspensions are too harsh, against 31% for too lenient. Where does he get his 99% from?

Matabele said:
The funniest thing abut that article is the poll saying 40% think the suspensions are too harsh, against 31% for too lenient. Where does he get his 99% from?
Most likely from the same place that Bowen and Gillard got their 'sound' advice from regarding the Malaysia deal.

WAMF said:
Matabele said:
Most likely from the same place that Bowen and Gillard got their 'sound' advice from regarding the Malaysia deal.

bedroom talk with Rebecca Wilson?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8