This will be unpopular

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gift pushes us sideways and did so all last year. We haven't missed him at all and his inclusion tonight was to our detriment. Foran and DCE are good enough and Lyon was cramped for room. I love the bloke but he needs to play straighter.

We missed Symonds and horo running good lines. Glen Stewart is one of the best players to son the maroon and white but he needs to reinvent himself.

The wolfman needs a few games to play himself back into form.

When Lawrence And Kite were off we struggled.

Sorry Don not Son. But I hope he does sire a few future sea eagles.

I agree. Symonds looks dangerous every time he touches the ball. Gifty looked unfit and lost.

The Wolfman's timing is out at the moment. He is constantly over running the passes out from Lyon.

Kite had a shocker. His grubber was the epitome of this.

You're right.........it will be unpopular.

The guy needs to play to get match fit. The loss was not due to Gift's inclusion.

Looks like B Kite might have thought he could pull off a repeat of his kick a couple of weeks back close to the line for us to score.

We definitely played a bit more sideways tonight, but I Think that probably would have happened with or without Gift playing. I thought it was a real tactic that the team thought they had an advantage if Killer could get on the outside of Goodwin, but credit to him, he was up to it all night. I would have like Killer to change things up a bit and try some outside in runs, or getting it a bit deeper and angle it before trying to take him on the outside. It just was the same start inside Goodwin and run outside him to get the ball angle running all night.

Stuey Davis Socks said:
Looks like B Kite might have thought he could pull off a repeat of his kick a couple of weeks back close to the line for us to score.

Panthers halves are going to be dynamic next year. Soward and Kite! ;)

I thought Lyon was well held and it really hurt us, especially in the first half. We played a poor first five to start the second and it ended up the difference.

I agree we were less direct but can't see if that was us our Souths doing.

I'm worried we won't have a team next week when the suspensions are handed out.

Gift is not the reason we lost but it is true that we look better with Symonds straightening up the attack. Lyon had no room to move tonight due to Gift crabbing sideways. Also we seem to always go for the same play to Lyon over and over again, this works on the lower placed sides but when we play teams like the Storm and Souths that know how to defend they have us easily covered. The reason we have looked so good this year is due to the new guys like Horo and Symonds mixing up our attack running outside in lines.

May have been covered already but it seemed to me that gift coming back = the side forgot about tafua.

Until he ran across to the right, almost on full time and surprise surprise...made a line break!

Hopefully they remember we have two sides!

Nrl fan = great game. Manly fan = sad but proud face

Agreed I said aa much here that we puahed sideways and he slowed our attack on the edges. Horro and symonds run straight and forward without trying to be ball players.

Gifty is awesome but he wqs out of place

Gifty's first game of the year guys, against an inform Team - so criticism is misplaced.:angel:

Thought Wolfie played great and that try (not awarded) really lifted 20,000 people's spirits :)
He also side swiped Inglis to enable the bigger guys to prevent another break.

Great game in all, Manly will learn to finish the multitude of scoring opportunities that they set up each week - soon I trust :shy:

Apart from the Inglis try, I don't recall them making a break.
Whereas Manly made so many, only to kick too hard for a worthy regather or threw to a 10 foot Winger:huh:.

The atmosphere was great and the game lived up to the contest between equals. :)

Loved the huge Manly flag in the middle of the hill :heart:

Every team now is on to gifty to killer to wolfy. Now to me killer needs to hit hole a lot flater eg horo off foran v sharks. Dce needs to take line on outside gifty as well but yes there are questions about gifty I had same one at end of last season. The other big issue both foz and dce need to direct attacking banana kicks toward snake this happened a lot with ox. The bomb is a waste. I really think in back of mind young gutherson could be looked at on wolfy wing hate to say it need some new blood in backs.
The infield kick down the flank low percentage play hold onto ball.

HappilyManly said:
Gifty's first game of the year guys, against an inform Team - so criticism is misplaced.:angel:

Thought Wolfie played great and that try (not awarded) really lifted 20,000 people's spirits :)
He also side swiped Inglis to enable the bigger guys to prevent another break.

Great game in all, Manly will learn to finish the multitude of scoring opportunities that they set up each week - soon I trust :shy:

Apart from the Inglis try, I don't recall them making a break.
Whereas Manly made so many, only to kick too hard for a worthy regather or threw to a 10 foot Winger:huh:.

The atmosphere was great and the game lived up to the contest between equals. :)

Loved the huge Manly flag in the middle of the hill :heart:

I think though you have inadvertently highlighted the issue - it was his first game back, and he looked short of a run. I know some on this forum debated him coming back via NSW cup, I wasn't a fan of the idea but hindsight says maybe to get some match fitness it could have been beneficial.

I'm not saying drop him, but have a look at the 3,2,1 I doubt he will feature in anyone's..,..he had a poor game by his standards, and when held up against the opening rounds maybe it highlights an area to work on.

globaleagle said:
May have been covered already but it seemed to me that gift coming back = the side forgot about tafua.

Until he ran across to the right, almost on full time and surprise surprise...made a line break!

Hopefully they remember we have two sides!

Nrl fan = great game. Manly fan = sad but proud face

You're right GE. And also there were a few last passes that didn't stick.

Just some rust to clear off and all will be sweet for gifty.

I do hope they remember the left side though.

Gifty will need time to get match fit, I would like to see Tom Symonds start and Horo also has to be in the squad. Las night the team were too frantic with the ball especially the 1st half, they had many chances but didnt build sustained pressure and the vermin did that for 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half and that was the difference in the match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4