1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This weekend.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Copa Eagle, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Im hoping this weekends game is different in many ways.

- Our Attitude, our attitude in the second half against the tigers was very much of a let down, possesion was down but we werent ruthless. Something thats been lacking the last few weeks, we need to be ruthless.

- Speed, Tigers beaut us in that department and proved that with our condensed defence line that if made tired to punish the blindsides, short turn around from the panthers game didnt help and i expect the boys to fire this weekend.

- Forwards, our forwards made a pledge to give it their all, they didnt show that on friday night, hopefully we can get over that advantage line and push forward.

I never thought id say this with Hoppa in the team, but honestly we miss wolfman and his speed. Hoppa is a great centre, but he is not a winger.

I hope to expect that the team could possibly look like this for the roosters game.

01.Stewart
    02.Robertson
    03.Matai
    04.Lyon
    05.Hopoate
    06.Foran
    07.DCE
    08.King
    09.Ballin
    10.Kite
    11.Watmough
    12.Galuvou
    13.Stewart

14.Buhrer
    15.Robinson
    16.Rose
    17.Rodney[hr]
    And for me its not doom and gloom, and we should get the roosters, ill be pretty pissed off if we dont !

2. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I'd like to see T Rex in there somewhere.

3. Blowfly

Blowfly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 5
    If T-Rex is fit I think he'd be there somewhere. Hopefully the big unit is back.

4. twitchk

twitchk Active Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Hopefully it has the same effect as the roosters game had in round 2... Our form from that game went sky high!

5. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    If trex is back, he comes straight in !

6. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I've been a T-Rex basher in the past, but now see his value (when played in the forward pack). In my opinion, it took him a couple of weeks to find his feet there, so why would he not need a couple of weeks to regain that form? I'd prefer to see him play in reserves for a week or so, and then bring him in when he is totally match fit and ready for NRL.

7. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Kite had a month off and came straight back in. No reason T Rex can't do the same, especially with the interchange.

8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    It's very hard to maintain the intensity week-in week-out. Illawarra have found this. We'll win well this weekend, and last week's narrow loss thanks largely to a missed forward pass will be forgotten.

9. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    watmough and hoppa seemed to be nursing their way back in to the game - that's two weeks back now for hoppa, and he looks a little less dynamic than he was before the injury. Hope he is 100% this week.

10. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I'm just curious as to what injury Robbo has! late withdrawals last two games and can't find any info about the injury..

11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    All part of flying under the radar.

12. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    I think they said it was concussion

13. manlysister

manlysister Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I hope so it does seem really odd. Robbo is listed then doesnt play.... I hope it is just flying under the radar. We need Robbo he is so under rated. He is a great asset for us he is always where he should be right on the spot to plant that ball down for a try. Very reliable. He deserves much more praise than he gets.

14. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Kite has been playing Rugby League, at the highest level, for years (as a forward). Tony Williams has had a few seasons, with the majority of his experience on the wing. Still don't think there's any difference?

I know we have had differeing opinions re: T-Rex in the past, but surely you see a difference between a veteran and a (relative) rookie?

15. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Injury update just came up on the site:

The Sea Eagles have suffered only a few minor injuries after their loss to the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

Joe Galuvao has suffered a facial injury but will be right to face up against the Roosters on Sunday.

Vic Mauro has a severely corked thigh and is in doubt for Round 22.

Tony 'T-Rex' could be making his return this, pending fitness tests.

Michael Robertson will be having tests tomorrow to assess his injury.

16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Is that a face off?

17. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    T Rex has to come onto the bench if he's fit...the problem is who does he replace? Our bench at full strength should be Buhrer, Rose, T Rex and Rodney

18. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    He'll replace Mauro by the look of things.

19. bones

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Yeah I do think there is a difference. I actually think it would be easier for a 21 year old than it would
    be for a 31 year old to come straight back in after a month off. Just my opinion though. We can agree to disagree.

20. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    I saw Robbo at the Mall on Saturday morning. He looked ok, no crutches or bandaged arm or neck brace, so hopefully he'll be good to go!