This time last week........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
And i'm right beside you niccipops. It's going to be an interesting year. The losses will be hard, the wins will be sweet and our loyalty will remain to the team. My shout in Townsville, then we'll stick it right up 'em mate!!
The thing about being a fan is we don't have a get out clause. Bring on 2012. GO MANLY!

We saw the issues with the board years ago, with ego's at play, and Des being told a premiership is not good enough, you must have KPI's etc. This recruitment of Des wasn't done overnight over the mobile while Des was riding back to Brookie on the team bus from the GF. He was recruited months ago.
Only thing Penn, Reilly etc told us was that Des would honour next year. When the media started talking about Des moving to the Dogs, all our board would say is, 'We are trying to give Des what he wants but he will be here next year and try for back to back'.
What would you expect them to say during the week prior to a Grand Final? Every man and his dog was jumping on the Warriors bandwagon. Media was sticking it to us '10 reasons to hate Manly' and 'Des coaching Bulldogs.' Of course the board was going to prolong the party line.
Did the board or Des want to say Hoppa was leaving and so was Des during our grand final celebrations, or awards night? NO FRIKKEN WAY!
If I was on the board, I'd be keeping that secret as long as I could to protect the crazy fans from all this s**t storm as long as possible and let them enjoy the GF celebration.
But NO. Some happy Eels board member leaked to media, "we got Hoppa!!', then some Happy Bulldogs board member leaked to the media, 'We definitely got Des!' So the media pounced, and forced Des and the board to admit what they knew already and were trying to protect the fans from.
No-one wanted us to win the GF last Sunday, and no way were they going to let us enjoy it!
We might have won the Premiership, but they won the war, and now most fans are crying like babies. Their jobs done.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
We saw the issues with the board years ago, with ego's at play, and Des being told a premiership is not good enough, you must have KPI's etc. This recruitment of Des wasn't done overnight over the mobile while Des was riding back to Brookie on the team bus from the GF. He was recruited months ago.
Only thing Penn, Reilly etc told us was that Des would honour next year. When the media started talking about Des moving to the Dogs, all our board would say is, 'We are trying to give Des what he wants but he will be here next year and try for back to back'.
What would you expect them to say during the week prior to a Grand Final? Every man and his dog was jumping on the Warriors bandwagon. Media was sticking it to us '10 reasons to hate Manly' and 'Des coaching Bulldogs.' Of course the board was going to prolong the party line.
Did the board or Des want to say Hoppa was leaving and so was Des during our grand final celebrations, or awards night? NO FRIKKEN WAY!
If I was on the board, I'd be keeping that secret as long as I could to protect the crazy fans from all this s**t storm as long as possible and let them enjoy the GF celebration.
But NO. Some happy Eels board member leaked to media, "we got Hoppa!!', then some Happy Bulldogs board member leaked to the media, 'We definitely got Des!' So the media pounced, and forced Des and the board to admit what they knew already and were trying to protect the fans from.
No-one wanted us to win the GF last Sunday, and no way were they going to let us enjoy it!
We might have won the Premiership, but they won the war, and now most fans are crying like babies. Their jobs done.
Not crying. There is always some kind of war against Manly but we won the premiership.

Newcastle_Scotty said:

I agree with everything you have just said. But, when I say we as fans are told nothing I was not referring to the Hoppa going to Parra or the Des going to the Bulldogs announcements. I was talking about the reason Des was not re-signed. I want to know who is to blame. The line that Penn came out with that "'Des wanted a new challenge" was crap and you know it. He should tell us the truth. He should tell us who it was that was against re-signing him all those months ago. Let us know so we can get rid of them.

niccipops said:
Newcastle_Scotty said:
Not crying. There is always some kind of war against Manly but we won the premiership.

The war is being waged in our own backyard. Take a look at our forums. Half the posters in here want Dessies head, the other half want the Boards head. Now I am not here to say these guys are all innocent, but really the way everyone is reacting with only a thimble-full of knowledge is ridiculous. We have so-called supporters saying they won't do this or do that, unless the board kiss their feet and apologise for Des leaving. Can't we all just show a united front instead of crumbling, and start acting like we just won the premiership, and nothing, but nothing is going to bring us down!
That is whhat it means to be a supporter.

Anger, resentment, frustration, wrath etc are all very useful emotions when harnessed and used wisely. I did not barrack for Manly once this year on behalf of Des Hasler. I screamed and yelled for the players. The coach and support staff rarely entered my thoughts during games. Bring all your emotions to the ground next year and let them explode in a tirade against the visiting sides. We will win games and we will let the players know we will never abandon them. To me, the team will always come first. As long as we rip in as supporters i'm sure they will respond and lift. We'll taste success again.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
niccipops said:
Newcastle_Scotty said:

The war is being waged in our own backyard. Take a look at our forums. Half the posters in here want Dessies head, the other half want the Boards head. Now I am not here to say these guys are all innocent, but really the way everyone is reacting with only a thimble-full of knowledge is ridiculous. We have so-called supporters saying they won't do this or do that, unless the board kiss their feet and apologise for Des leaving. Can't we all just show a united front instead of crumbling, and start acting like we just won the premiership, and nothing, but nothing is going to bring us down!
That is whhat it means to be a supporter.

You back up exactly what i was talking about. If we were told why things have happened the way they have and why Des didn't re-sign we would all be after the same persons head. Then it would be more likely that we could get the desired result of that person/persons being forced out of the club. You can't blame the fans for only having a "thimble full of knowledge"..... the club can get the blame for that. The fans just want answers and I believe it is their right as a member to know.

bones said:
Newcastle_Scotty said:

I agree with everything you have just said. But, when I say we as fans are told nothing I was not referring to the Hoppa going to Parra or the Des going to the Bulldogs announcements. I was talking about the reason Des was not re-signed. I want to know who is to blame. The line that Penn came out with that "'Des wanted a new challenge" was crap and you know it. He should tell us the truth. He should tell us who it was that was against re-signing him all those months ago. Let us know so we can get rid of them.

Sorry Bones, but I expect nothing of the sort. We got nothing back in 2009 about the Mayer fiasco, and I expect everyone will be pointing fingers everywhere but themselves. Everyone I spoke too back then and since all came out smelling like Roses. There is only one person I trust in all this. ME. Unfortunately I wasn't involved and know nothing, so I can't tell you. I guarantee that all parties involved will only tell you enough to see it from their side of things, and some fans will believe one faction, while others will believe in the other faction.
That's the problem with the club.....we have factions. Only problem is, all of the guys on the board want two things....Manly's success, and their own. Not necessarily in that order. Anyone you put there will have the same agenda.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
bones said:
Newcastle_Scotty said:

Sorry Bones, but I expect nothing of the sort. We got nothing back in 2009 about the Mayer fiasco, and I expect everyone will be pointing fingers everywhere but themselves. Everyone I spoke too back then and since all came out smelling like Roses. There is only one person I trust in all this. ME. Unfortunately I wasn't involved and know nothing, so I can't tell you. I guarantee that all parties involved will only tell you enough to see it from their side of things, and some fans will believe one faction, while others will believe in the other faction.
That's the problem with the club.....we have factions. Only problem is, all of the guys on the board want two things....Manly's success, and their own. Not necessarily in that order. Anyone you put there will have the same agenda.

I don't expect it either... But we sure do deserve it. Maybe if we got the answers last time round (2009) then we could have gotten rid of the poison in the club and prevented it happening again this time. Give us answers this time so we don't go through it all again in another three, five or even ten years time.

What these factions fail to see or ignore is that if the club implodes, and it appears it's going in that direction at the moment, that it will be a lose/lose situation for all concerned.

If nothing is done and the cancer is not cut from the club similar situations will occur down the track. They haven't learned any lessons from previous in-fighting such as the Mayer debacle. It's time for somebody to come out and lay the cards on the table at tell us, the members, who is responsible.

It's all finger pointing and lies coming from our head office. Time to fess up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6