This Sums Up The Current Situation Best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sideline Eye

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...trative-failings/story-fnp0lyn3-1227261820394

Apologies if this has already been posted or discussed. An article from Rebecca Wilson reports best what is going on with the club and its current administration. This needs to be resolved ASAP and player recruitment and retention will look after itself going forward. Current administration needs to clean up its own backyard before looking over the fence for greener pastures.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...trative-failings/story-fnp0lyn3-1227261820394

Apologies if this has already been posted or discussed. An article from Rebecca Wilson reports best what is going on with the club and its current administration. This needs to be resolved ASAP and player recruitment and retention will look after itself going forward. Current administration needs to clean up its own backyard before looking over the fence for greener pastures.
I think this is an appropriate time to say I told you so.
I was badgered back in January for letting people know on this site what was going on with the disgraceful removal of key personnel and the loss of the 2 halves. Everything I said has now been reveled in the press. The halves are gone, the players don't trust Ned (Kelly), the coach isn't consulted on key decisions regarding the team he's supposed to be in charge of and doesn't know if he's wanted or not. What was done to Mary and others may have played a part in us losing the halves as one of them was close to her. How do you treat people in that fashion and then ask for loyalty? Mismanagement from the word go so the question to come is how long can the Sea Eagles sustain it.

I was badgered back in January for letting people know on this site what was going on with the disgraceful removal of key personnel and the loss of the 2 halves. Everything I said has now been reveled in the press. The halves are gone, the players don't trust Ned (Kelly), the coach isn't consulted on key decisions regarding the team he's supposed to be in charge of and doesn't know if he's wanted or not. What was done to Mary and others may have played a part in us losing the halves as one of them was close to her. How do you treat people in that fashion and then ask for loyalty? Mismanagement from the word go so the question to come is how long can the Sea Eagles sustain it.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

OK. So, what's your solution?

OK. So, what's your solution?

Yes the old "told you so" doesn't really work.....the Penn's won the war so whatever they want happens, there's little we can do about it other than desert a maybe sinking ship!!

Although I guess if we only get 8,000 on Friday night at Brookvale it will be a clear indicator that the fans are voting with their feet.

I have heard that there are many members who are just not turning up and have no intention of doing so, just on here @bones and @Ryan are two of those that I know of.

We ain't no sinking ship. We may not be floating so well at the moment but we will be back and sooner than all these people bagging us think. It is the Manly way! It is in our DNA. I agree that the management have done a terrible job but as a fan I have to remain optimistic that the new team in place has some competence and that there is method in what currently appears their madness. I am sure that there are plans and things in place that they just can't share with us yet. I am excited about the future .... well sort of......

Yes the old "told you so" doesn't really work.....the Penn's won the war so whatever they want happens, there's little we can do about it other than desert a maybe sinking ship!!

Although I guess if we only get 8,000 on Friday night at Brookvale it will be a clear indicator that the fans are voting with their feet.

I have heard that there are many members who are just not turning up and have no intention of doing so, just on here @bones and @Ryan are two of those that I know of.
My family is one of those we have 5 season tickets in the Jane Try stand. We didn't go last week and with this latest announcement no one wants to go this week as well......

I'm going this week Mark, having missed last Saturday night. I'm feeling much better knowing that the players had a real dig. That's all I want; a team of triers (and trygetters).

My family is one of those we have 5 season tickets in the Jane Try stand. We didn't go last week and with this latest announcement no one wants to go this week as well......

I'm sure there are many like you!!

By the way I did say a "maybe sinking ship".

Don't worry, we will be back, and it might be sooner than we all reckon, but I think we are going to have to back, and be patient for their rise, some super star kids and develop like we did last time.

Buying Carney isn't the answer, I could possibly live with Hodkinson as he played with us before, but only on a short 2 year deal, and only if we bring up, or buy a superstar kid (such as Elgey) and throw him in the deep end to learn

I'm going this week Mark, having missed last Saturday night. I'm feeling much better knowing that the players had a real dig. That's all I want; a team of triers (and trygetters).

Good work Barry

I hope we get a big crowd, lets not forget there are about 23 others there they DO give a stuff!!

I'm sure there are many like you!!

By the way I did say a "maybe sinking ship".

Don't worry, we will be back, and it might be sooner than we all reckon, but I think we are going to have to back, and be patient for their rise, some super star kids and develop like we did last time.

Buying Carney isn't the answer, I could possibly live with Hodkinson as he played with us before, but only on a short 2 year deal, and only if we bring up, or buy a superstar kid (such as Elgey) and throw him in the deep end to learn

Yeah..... wasn't having a go about the sinking ship. In the last few weeks I have been guilty of the doom and gloom as much as many others here.... but at least we know where we are at now and I reckon it won't be long until we are giving it a shake again. Some of the teams being posted on here by members with some of the potential players we could buy are damn fine looking teams (just no dickheads ..... e.g. Bubbler Boy).

After my last post about not going I have changed my mind and I am now going to go to the game and hopefully I will be able to drag at least a few of the family along ..... bribery. I reckon the boys deserve a bit of support after last weeks effort.

Last edited:
I don't understand how not turning up to support the team we want to see win the premiership this year will help our team at all?
I live over 1000k away and I'd be there if I could.
Manly were trying to build a successful future by holding onto the million dollar boys. It's backfired. I would hope the club is never in this situation again.
I think by not turning up to games Manly fans will show that they're supporting DCE and Foz. Undermining the coach. Joining the media band-wagon. Conceding these two blokes are the key to the club's future success when they're off chasing dollars and not giving a stuff.
Time for fans to give a stuff.
A perfect opportunity for those who are left on the field and in the stands to simmer that siege mentally IMO.
We will fight the at the Fortress!
Start Friday!

I don't understand how not turning up to support the team we want to see win the premiership this year will help our team at all?
I live over 1000k away and I'd be there if I could.
Manly were trying to build a successful future by holding onto the million dollar boys. It's backfired. I would hope the club is never in this situation again.
I think by not turning up to games Manly fans will show that they're supporting DCE and Foz. Undermining the coach. Joining the media band-wagon. Conceding these two blokes are the key to the club's future success when they're off chasing dollars and not giving a stuff.
Time for fans to give a stuff.
A perfect opportunity for those who are left on the field and in the stands to simmer that siege mentally IMO.
We will fight the at the Fortress!
Start Friday!
Well said nicci. Whats done is done. Time to get behind Tooves and the boys

It has nothing to do with the success of the team. I hope they win every match. I just have no desire to watch these two players play knowing they don't want to be here next year. I don't watch the 2011 Grand Final any more as most of the players are now with other clubs. I may go to a game later in the year, but if not, I'll definitely be back next year regardless of how good or bad the team we can put on the field is. I do admit that at fulltime last Saturday night I felt like I missed something special. But knowing it was DCE who won the match for Manly takes the shine off it for me. After seeing him in that form, I'm hoping Joke Kelly is smart enough to increase the offer to him, now that the other one is going off to parra to root the coach.

It has nothing to do with the success of the team. I hope they win every match. I just have no desire to watch these two players play knowing they don't want to be here next year. I don't watch the 2011 Grand Final any more as most of the players are now with other clubs. I may go to a game later in the year, but if not, I'll definitely be back next year regardless of how good or bad the team we can put on the field is. I do admit that at fulltime last Saturday night I felt like I missed something special. But knowing it was DCE who won the match for Manly takes the shine off it for me. After seeing him in that form, I'm hoping Joke Kelly is smart enough to increase the offer to him, now that the other one is going off to parra to root the coach.
My sentiments exactly.

I booked my holidays to line up with the nz trip this year.
Can't bring myself to get airline tickets yet.

I will be going to first of all support our wonderful holden cup team and get another glimpse of the future. I will then be there cheering on the boys as we take on the dirty dogs. DCE and Foz leaving is done and dusted now. I just want to support the club and most importantly Toovey. I have been doing that for 40 years and nothing will change my love and support for the club.

I'm with you there @bones.

Watching DCE carve up the Storm initially brought the usual jubilant feeling, but afterwards it felt hollow. The huddle at the end similarly fired me up with thoughts of what might be this year but a few days afterwards it has left me feeling similarly hollow.

I'm over all the blame games. I'm not going to say the players who are leaving are all a bunch self serving greedy a-holes or the management are the most incompetent bunch of twits ever to be in charge of an NRL team, although maybe both may very well be true.

At the end of the day blaming the players or the management won't bring our aura back. It's gone and we have to mourn it and then move on.

I pray to @God though that they have something better than Todd Carney in store for us...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4